Josh Sanguinetti Opening measurable

Every year I remind ya’ll Edge ran a 4.9 his senior year of HS. I’ll bet Jaquan can’t run faster than 4.7. ****, both of the Jags starting safeties are 4.7 guys on what’s considered the best defense in the NFL. That’s fast enough for the position if you have a quick first step and instincts.

If you believe Edge was a 4.9 guy i got some beach front property in Immokalee to sell to you. Which one of the jags safeties are 4.7 guys?

Advertisement
Every year I remind ya’ll Edge ran a 4.9 his senior year of HS. I’ll bet Jaquan can’t run faster than 4.7. ****, both of the Jags starting safeties are 4.7 guys on what’s considered the best defense in the NFL. That’s fast enough for the position if you have a quick first step and instincts.

You're absolutely right. However, your typical fan has heard and read the fictional 40-yard times so much that they actually believe these kids all run 4.4s and 4.5s.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think anyone has ever claimed Sanguinetti was a “Tyson Campbell” level athlete. I don’t see any level athlete like that this year. So as far as I’m concerned he’s about where he should be. If he can get to 6’0 180 by the time he gets on campus and with those long arms he will be fine.

Most on here assumed DJ Ivey was a 4.7-4.8 guy since we never saw his official 40. And he looks to be doing just fine.

DMONEY he has the length you would like at cb. He has the basketball pedigree as well with his ball skills. But he cant run. He's a knock kneed kid if you can see and those guys never could run. He can play the boundary here though probably. Typically like those guys 6'1 + though...the Gunter's,Mike Jacksons, Michael Rumph types. They seem to have him as a top priority..those athletic numbers dont scream UM top priority at cb here. He'll be our slowest db by far if he commits.

A cb who can’t run is useless.

What I don’t get is how a knock-kneed kid can be such a great basketball player yet can’t run a sprint. Basketball is pretty much the definition of sprinting, jumping, and short area burst.

DMONEY he has the length you would like at cb. He has the basketball pedigree as well with his ball skills. But he cant run. He's a knock kneed kid if you can see and those guys never could run. He can play the boundary here though probably. Typically like those guys 6'1 + though...the Gunter's,Mike Jacksons, Michael Rumph types. They seem to have him as a top priority..those athletic numbers dont scream UM top priority at cb here. He'll be our slowest db by far if he commits.

This year's CB crop is weak for sure. These guys all have warts. I'm glad we took Nigel Bethel.

IMO, Sanguinetti has a lot of room to improve once he gets strong and learns some technique. He at least brings a unique trait with the ball skills and coordination. After seeing him in person, I'd say his speed is similar to DJ Ivey (not nearly as technical, though). Ivey ran a 4.8 at a camp and scratched it.

Advertisement
This year's CB crop is weak for sure. These guys all have warts. I'm glad we took Nigel Bethel.

IMO, Sanguinetti has a lot of room to improve once he gets strong and learns some technique. He at least brings a unique trait with the ball skills and coordination. After seeing him in person, I'd say his speed is similar to DJ Ivey (not nearly as technical, though). Ivey ran a 4.8 at a camp and scratched it.

I would make all those guys compete at Paradise. Bring in Lafrance, Brownlee, Sanguinetti, you name it. This year you gotta really be unique with your evals like last year guys were definate. I like way more out of area guys than normal. Im a big fan of Dixon out of Tampa and a few others.
This is partially why i was confused on them NOT having Elam as a major priority. He's a 6'1 185 pd 4.5 kid.

Sanguinetti has elite ball skills, best in south Florida probably actually. That’s what he is good at. Guys get faster and as he gets proper nutrition and a weight training program he will be alright. In college you see amazing transformations. **** look at Saquon Barkley, gained 30 pounds and dropped his 40 yard dash from a mid 4.6 in highschool to a low 4.4 at the combine

Payton ran like a 4.85 40. Yall want him to be dropped?
4.72, regardless he looks explosive on film and in the routes he runs. I just think he didn’t have much experience running the 40 like that which is often the case

Advertisement
If these dudes wasnt from Florida yall would be screaming he isnt a take but since they are the excuse train is rolling.

Advertisement
Advertisement
U really about to compare Spaghetti to Ed Reed. FOH
I’m saying , ed Reed a 2 star from Louisiana who wasn’t overly fast or big. You think people on message boards wouldn’t have been complaining about Miami recruiting him giving the circumstances?

His film speaks for itself, if we recruited ed reed coming out of highschool now people would have complained, is what it is

Terry-Crews-WTF.gif

I’m saying , ed Reed a 2 star from Louisiana who wasn’t overly fast or big. You think people on message boards wouldn’t have been complaining about Miami recruiting him giving the circumstances?

we arent on probation? Ed Reed had way more athletic qualities than this kid

Advertisement
Back