Josh Sanguinetti Opening measurable

Advertisement
U fools do realize a junior going into his senior year that’s 5’11 could still grow a whole **** inch to be 6’0 to make you weirdos happy right??

Maybe 20% of all of cfb players run a 4.5 or less regardless of position. This extra **** about laser 40 times for high school kids going into their senior years is some more slow ****.

If he was a UM caliber talent before he still is now... Jenoris Jenkins was a 4.8 guy ran a 4.6 by the time he went pro, some of y’all are slow af with this same retarded **** every season.

Not even close. More like 5%.

DJ Ivey only ran in one track meet and that was back in 10th grade with a 51.4 in the 400 meters. At the Nike 2017 he did not run the 40 but posted an excellent short shuttle of 4.2 inside the top 20 and a very good vertical jump of over 35 inches. He measured 6-1 and 171 pounds.

Keontra Smith at this years Nike measured 5-11 and 195 pounds. He posted a 4.55 at 40 yards, a short shuttle of 4.50 and a 35.7 vertical. His rating was an excellent 103.95.

As one poster said lets get Sanguinetti into the Paradise Camp to see him in action, then make decisions.

Advertisement
I agree with you 100 with your point. When it comes to Laser times...it's more like 10% run 4.5, 5% run 4.4 and .05% run 4.3.

Which further proves the point that worrying about laser time 40s when a recruit is clearly UM caliber is some shortsighted slow ****.

Edge HIMSELF will tell you he ran a 4.9 40 in high school. He's said this in the media on multiple occasions. He got faster in college when he learned how to eat, train, and run. This was clearly written but this time I'll put it in CAPS for you... BOTH of the Jags STARTING safeties run 4.7s. That's Barry Church (4.69 Officially at the NFL Combine) and Tashaun Gipson (4.61-4.72 depending on HAND TIME's on UVA's TRACK)

Edge played in backwoods s.fla of Immokalee. Sanguinetti is a ft lauderdale kid that has been going to camp like settinngs since he was like 9-10 yrs old..different era...most of these s.fla kids know how to run. I coach 11u ball..all my kids can do all the drills from the combine as thats what we teach them. There's a big difference ina guy running a 4.6 and a guy running a 4.8. Barry Church is a strong safety...Gipson was a cb, he's a 4.5 - at worst 4.6 guy. I dont think Sanguinetti is forever a 4.8 guy...think he is faster than that...but i still dont think he is some athletic wonder..**** his vert shows that.

Edge played in backwoods s.fla of Immokalee. Sanguinetti is a ft lauderdale kid that has been going to camp like settinngs since he was like 9-10 yrs old..different era...most of these s.fla kids know how to run. I coach 11u ball..all my kids can do all the drills from the combine as thats what we teach them. There's a big difference ina guy running a 4.6 and a guy running a 4.8. Barry Church is a strong safety...Gipson was a cb, he's a 4.5 - at worst 4.6 guy. I dont think Sanguinetti is forever a 4.8 guy...think he is faster than that...but i still dont think he is some athletic wonder..**** his vert shows that.

I agree with you it's a different era. I still don't believe these HS kids are eating like they should or working out properly minus the Lingard rarity. Sanguinetti could easily be faster than Church and Gipson in 4 years. Gipson couldn't run a 4.5 to save his life. He's the weak link on the Jags defense. His top handheld time was 4.61 at his pro day on UVA's track. That time at the combine would've probably been close to Saguinetti's. I swear you don't read the entire posts before you comment.

Advertisement
Hey how about a Joe Haden comparison for Sanguenetti similar build long arms average but good enough speed with technique and sticky coverage

He’s smooth.

I wonder why everyone is so enamored with 4.4 speed CB. Only time that matters is if you’re getting beat. I’ll take a smothering quick hip sub 4.6 guy over a speed demon all day. WR can’t catch if someone is mirroring him. Sango will thrive is off man. You see the b-ball skills for sure with his tape.

He’s smooth.

I wonder why everyone is so enamored with 4.4 speed CB. Only time that matters is if you’re getting beat. I’ll take a smothering quick hip sub 4.6 guy over a speed demon all day. WR can’t catch if someone is mirroring him. Sango will thrive is off man. You see the b-ball skills for sure with his tape.
Dee Delaney ran a 4.4 at the combine. He still couldn't cover a 3rd string walk on WR from Wisconsin.

Advertisement
Dee Delaney ran a 4.4 at the combine. He still couldn't cover a 3rd string walk on WR from Wisconsin.

Transition and closing speed was a real deficiency for Dee. Really disappointing. That being said he could make the roster as a special teamer. Hope he does. Good kid.

Transition and closing speed was a real deficiency for Dee. Really disappointing. That being said he could make the roster as a special teamer. Hope he does. Good kid.
I think safety might be a better position for him. He’s a long shot to make the Jags roster but he’ll get a chance on a practice squad somewhere with his size and speed.

Advertisement

Ya I'm starting to think there may just be enough bad "news", measurable whatever...for Sang to become less of a priority. Esp because he doesn't look physical enough for safety. Kid is prob a corner here.

I took the results from every Opening competition last year and compiled them into a database for reference in recruiting rankings. You can read my posts under HurricaneVision and see that I've maintained for years now that legitimate 40 times would shock most fans on how slow HS players' times really are.

For 2018 recruits, there were two players who broke a 4.4 40 yard dash. There were 1,442 players who ran a posted 40-yard dash. This isn't even including the scores of kids who ran and then had it scratched because of how hurt their feelings were over their time.

TWO broke a 4.4. (.001%) Rondale Moore and Anthony Schwartz
Eight players broke a 4.5. (.007%)
Sixty-Five players broke a 4.6. (.05%)

DB's for the 2018 class, there were 207 players who ran the 40-yard dash at that position. The average 40 time of those players was a 4.76. So, while it is absolutely true that HS players are almost universally never really 4.3 kids, it is also true that this time was very poor for Sanguinetti.

For the short shuttle there were 291 players who completed this event as a DB and the average was 4.34. Again, his time was pretty poor considering the results of his peers.

Ya I'm starting to think there may just be enough bad "news", measurable whatever...for Sang to become less of a priority. Esp because he doesn't look physical enough for safety. Kid is prob a corner here.

I'm glad our coaching staff, whatever their faults, is smart enough not to make their evals based on testing from a single camp in Ohio.

The issue is really that posters want to nitpick and downgrade almost every recruit. Keontra Smith tests well, posters still claim they dont want him.

I'm pretty sure Tyrique Stevenson and Kair Elam are the only DBs half this board wouldn't cry about.

Sanguinetti - had a bad 40
Davis - too short
Smith - not elite
Couch - too skinny
Steele - from Cali
And so on

I mean, if Sanguinetti looked bad on film, and was just not good at football like T McFadden, that would be one thing. But this is a kid that looks incredible on tape, and is a pretty good basketball player too. It's also just funny that people ignore that he was named a standout performer of that camp, and invited to the Opening finals from that camp.

With our needed at DB, this is a kid who'd be a great addition.

Advertisement
Back