Jon Richt tweet and responses

Suppose David Duke had tweeted the same thing. Would you feel it was off limits to tell a white supremacist to go f#ck himself even if he was expressing condolences for someone? I suspect not. Most people wouldn't have any problem with putting a dude like that on blast. Odious people are considered "fair game" by the general public. I tend to consider nepotism to be particularly odious because it denies more qualified people an opportunity.

Rick Jr would not a job at a P5 program but for his dad. As a result, we got an unqualified QB coach whose multiyear job failure squandered an opportunity to put Miami on the map and we are now even further behind than we were in the Golden years. I have no sympathy for Rick Jr. I can totally understand why some might consider him "fair game" any time he decides to surface.
Was scrolling down this thread, read this but could't continue scrolling without responding to this. I can't believe that junior was compared to David Duke. Why stop at Duke, dude you should have used Hitler as your example. Being inexperienced or incompetent now makes you someone committing crimes against humanity. I can't believe that this post got so many upvotes!

Advertisement
Good. If the Richt family thinks they can continue stealing money and not receive any heat from this fanbase....boy are they in for a surprise.

It's our duty to make their lives miserable until they resign/leave. They are holding this program hostage right now and deserve whatever vitriol they receive.

Stealing money? You Cats don't even blink when creating a new post that is premised on a baldfaced lie.

And you haters are NOT a fans base, you are a Herd, Mob, that trades in lies, half-truths and unsubstantiated negative rumors who have convinced themselves that they are in charge of UM's football program. What you have done is negatively impact recruiting.

Mark Richt is a man of great experience, talent, knowledge and most of all, integrity? Compared to that man your kind are bird droppings that get washed away with the next bit of rainfall.

I think it's great personally. Nobody said anything threatening. People are being extremely direct with him. Richt thought he could stroll into Coral Gables with his son, and turn Miami into another Athens like tenure. He was wrong. Fans like this are sending that message. As long as people keep it in line without making threats, it's fair game. I hope people respond to every one of his tweets with disdain. This is Miami not Athens.

Stealing money? You Cats don't even blink when creating a new post that is premised on a baldfaced lie.

And you haters are NOT a fans base, you are a Herd, Mob, that trades in lies, half-truths and unsubstantiated negative rumors who have convinced themselves that they are in charge of UM's football program. What you have done is negatively impact recruiting.

Mark Richt is a man of great experience, talent, knowledge and most of all, integrity? Compared to that man your kind are bird droppings that get washed away with the next bit of rainfall.

U suck.

Suppose David Duke had tweeted the same thing. Would you feel it was off limits to tell a white supremacist to go f#ck himself even if he was expressing condolences for someone? I suspect not. Most people wouldn't have any problem with putting a dude like that on blast. Odious people are considered "fair game" by the general public. I tend to consider nepotism to be particularly odious because it denies more qualified people an opportunity.

Rick Jr would not a job at a P5 program but for his dad. As a result, we got an unqualified QB coach whose multiyear job failure squandered an opportunity to put Miami on the map and we are now even further behind than we were in the Golden years. I have no sympathy for Rick Jr. I can totally understand why some might consider him "fair game" any time he decides to surface.

This is saying something when based on the hatred you mob members post, but this garbage should be more than enough to have you banned from this message board.

Comparing Jonathan Richt to David Duke is despicable, even for someone like you who has no code whatsoever.

In recent days an FSU fan was fired from his job for posting racist comments directed at the Seminoles head coach. Hopefully, you will enjoy the same fate.

Advertisement
The new stupidity of this board never ceases to amaze me. How is attacking the guy for wishing a hurt player well a cause to attack him? He didn't hire himself, you can be ****ed at Richt Sr. all you want, but what do you expect Jr. to do...resign???
It's like the numb skulls that want to hate Shannon or Coker, they didn't put themselves in the job they were given the job.

Social media has made everybody a bad *** behind a keyboard.

This may be the dumbest comparison I’ve read on these boards. Jon Richt deserves plenty of criticism but justifying classes public comments by drawing an analogy to a leader of the KKK is about as low as one can go. Try adding violent neo-**** groups next time.

You have reading comprehension issues. I used someone clearly awful like Duke to illustrate a point- no one would say "oh, wrong time and place" if he got put on blast while expressing condolences. So it is a totally arbitrary line- it's ok to criticize one really bad person anytime ("fair game basically 24/7) but not a random dude on the internet who does it.

Why is there a difference? Because societal norms have been established that a set of people (the odious ones) are essentially fair game all the time. Odious includes large subsets of people besides racists- some wouldn't include the Kardashians, I would (if one them posted the same thing as Rick Jr and got told to walk off a bridge, most people would laugh). So the question is whether Rick Jr falls into the odious category. Some people think he does- we paid money to attend the school (I am going to go out on a limb and say you and Earnest T Bass aren't alumni). Miami has been a laughingstock for almost two decades. We finally had a championship caliber defense and the unqualified dunce son of the HC (who is treating a storied football program as a Mom and Pop shop) has utterly failed at his job, which he ONLY has because he is related to the HC.

I wouldn't do it, but I also understand why people would put Rick Jr in the fair game category (like a Kardashian).

If he wants to pray, then pray privately. If he wants to use the social media platform to ask people to pray for Milton, then that is somewhat understandable. That's not what Rick Jr did. He basically tweeted out, "HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME, I'M PRAYING SO HARD FOR THE KID BECAUSE THAT'S THE KIND OF GUY I AM, THAT MAKES ME SPECIAL, GIVE ME ATTENTION."

He pulled a Kardashian. It is what it is.

Last edited:

This is saying something when based on the hatred you mob members post, but this garbage should be more than enough to have you banned from this message board.

Comparing Jonathan Richt to David Duke is despicable, even for someone like you who has no code whatsoever.

In recent days an FSU fan was fired from his job for posting racist comments directed at the Seminoles head coach. Hopefully, you will enjoy the same fate.
Live look of Earnest reading the board:
Fail%2Bgif%2B00189.gif

Advertisement
You have reading comprehension issues. I used someone clearly awful like Duke to illustrate a point- no one would say "oh, wrong time and place" if he got put on blast while expressing condolences. So it is a totally arbitrary line- it's ok to criticize one really bad person anytime ("fair game basically 24/7) but not a random dude on the internet who does it.

Why is there a difference? Because societal norms have been established that a set of people (the odious ones) are essentially fair game all the time. Odious includes large subsets of people besides racists- some wouldn't include the Kardashians, I would (if one them posted the same thing as Rick Jr and got told to walk off a bridge, most people would laugh). So the question is whether Rick Jr falls into the odious category. Some people think he does- we paid money to attend the school (I am going to go out on a limb and say you and Earnest T Bass aren't alumni). Miami has been a laughingstock for almost two decades. We finally had a championship caliber defense and the unqualified dunce son of the HC (who is treating a storied football program as a Mom and Pop shop) has utterly failed at his job, which he ONLY has because he is related to the HC.

I wouldn't do it, but I also understand why people would put Rick Jr in the fair game category (like a Kardashian).

If he wants to pray, then pray privately. If he wants to use the social media platform to ask people to pray for Milton, then that is somewhat understandable. That's not what Rick Jr did. He basically tweeted out, "HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME, I'M PRAYING SO HARD FOR THE KID BECAUSE THAT'S THE KIND OF GUY I AM, THAT MAKES ME SPECIAL, GIVE ME ATTENTION."

He pulled a Kardashian. It is what it is.

Dude, and I hate the karda****ians, But being WORTH 100 million gets you a pass...OH and having a puzzy! I want change with the coaching staphs, is it going to happen? We will SEE.

Advertisement
...He didn't hire himself, you can be ****ed at Richt Sr. all you want, but what do you expect Jr. to do...resign???

...Social media has made everybody a bad *** behind a keyboard.
Yes, please, to the first part.

To the second part, social media has given a voice to people otherwise not heard. It would be one thing if fakery was being perpetrated about someone’s character or like in the 2016 elections. This, my friend, is a bunch of people who care about their U, and are demanding better from it, by voicing their thoughts, views and opinions in the face of apathy from those making the decisions re this program. You calling us stupid? Back at you.

Advertisement
@Sigma_Cane_7 @Dawgcane

I saw you said no way Rorcht makes more than Kirby and Dawgcane agreed. Of course the **** mods locked that thread. Kirby currently makes 3.75 million and started at 3.5

As far as this thread don't agree with personal attacks because it's not his fault his daddy hired him but I do agree he should move on

@duke4heisman My friend not trying to be argumentive, but Kirby makes 7 million annually. Fourth highest paid coach in college football.

Last edited:
1. Richt and son deserve every ounce of criticism and heat. The offense is getting worse by the week and there is a very likely scenario that our QB room next year is:
1. Perry or Williams
2. Weldon
3. Grad transfer
When you hire your son with no experience for arguably the 2nd or 3rd most important coaching position on your staff, then any and all benefit of the doubt is gone

2. Why is it so unthinkable that LilJon would resign? He’s in a lose lose situation. Under the shadow of his dad and none of the players respect him as s coach. Austin P. confirmed what he had the QBs doing.

Nepotism and lack of accountability, including himself as the playcaller, is going to be Richt’s undoing.

My friend not trying to be argumentive, but Kirby makes 7 million annually. Fourth highest paid coach in college football.
I saw that posted earlier but regardless he started at 3.5 and still shows online at 3.75
I'm shocked they paid almost double after 2 years!

Advertisement
Back