Jon Richt tweet and responses

nystateofmind

C'est la vie
Banned
Some of y’all are ruthless.

73B80A68-865F-4F84-88BF-A01AD1D90A7D.jpeg
5621D55E-1040-4855-BA70-6D7EFBBEE86D.jpeg

Advertisement
Unfortunately, Pappa Richt setup JR for failure and as a consequence all the negative backlash against him. Why the **** Pappa would bring his son on board as the QB coach when he has ZERO experience doing the job bewilders me. He just put a black mark on his son for targeting especially with the horrific display of competence exhibited by Pappa and son. While I don’t condone what these posters did, I certainly understand their frustration and why he’s being targeted. Didn’t Pappa also know that he’s screwed his son from any and all coaching jobs for the rest of his life? $200,000/yr is **** good money but I hope he’s saving up most of it because he’ll never see that number again in his lifetime thanks to Pappa. Which just shows you that Richt has no strategic vision whatsoever.

Advertisement
Just sad.

Why sad?

Dude got a job solely because his dad hired him. This isn't Prairie View A&M where that might go under the radar. If he had any brains, he would have declined the position.
If QBs had performed well, criticism might be unwarranted. However when the team failed largely because of qb play (through 3 QBs in 3 years), he deserves people calling for him to resign.

Advertisement
Why sad?

Dude got a job solely because his dad hired him. This isn't Prairie View A&M where that might go under the radar. If he had any brains, he would have declined the position.
If QBs had performed well, criticism might be unwarranted. However when the team failed largely because of qb play (through 3 QBs in 3 years), he deserves people calling for him to resign.

That has nothing to do with what we're seeing in that tweet thread. Dude posted a positive vibe for a kid who suffered a horrific injury. This is just low level, childish stalking by UM fans.

In short....Just Sad.

Advertisement
I’m not the internet morality police nor did I take part in that childish exchange

But if your a public figure whose getting a healthy check at a job you got due to your last name and you just had back to back years of crap from the position you get that

More to the point, if you're a low paid, low skilled, angry person, you get to spew filth at anyone on the internet regardless of what the topic of discussion is.

That has nothing to do with what we're seeing in that tweet thread. Dude posted a positive vibe for a kid who suffered a horrific injury. This is just low level, childish stalking by UM fans.

In short....Just Sad.

Why do people post this stuff on social media? Rick Jr is begging for attention. Does anyone really think he wouldn't wish the kid well, so he needs to broadcast his sympathies and "positive vibes" on Twitter just to clear things up? As the (unqualified) QB coach at a major program he could probably get Milton's direct number in a second and privately text him best wishes. Or even just DM him on Twitter and keep it private.

Instead he decided to use the platform to seek attention. Well, he got it. I don't condone it and would never participate (have to be a loser to waste time doing this kind of stuff), but Rick Jr brought some of it on himself.

Advertisement
Why sad?

Time and place for everything response to his tweet wasn't one of them.

Time and place for everything response to his tweet wasn't one of them.

Suppose David Duke had tweeted the same thing. Would you feel it was off limits to tell a white supremacist to go f#ck himself even if he was expressing condolences for someone? I suspect not. Most people wouldn't have any problem with putting a dude like that on blast. Odious people are considered "fair game" by the general public. I tend to consider nepotism to be particularly odious because it denies more qualified people an opportunity.

Rick Jr would not a job at a P5 program but for his dad. As a result, we got an unqualified QB coach whose multiyear job failure squandered an opportunity to put Miami on the map and we are now even further behind than we were in the Golden years. I have no sympathy for Rick Jr. I can totally understand why some might consider him "fair game" any time he decides to surface.

Why do people post this stuff on social media? Rick Jr is begging for attention. Does anyone really think he wouldn't wish the kid well, so he needs to broadcast his sympathies and "positive vibes" on Twitter just to clear things up? As the (unqualified) QB coach at a major program he could probably get Milton's direct number in a second and privately text him best wishes. Or even just DM him on Twitter and keep it private.

Instead he decided to use the platform to seek attention. Well, he got it. I don't condone it and would never participate (have to be a loser to waste time doing this kind of stuff), but Rick Jr brought some of it on himself.
totally agree with this. if youre going to be praying for someone.....just do it ... dont have to broadcast it on social media

Suppose David Duke had tweeted the same thing. Would you feel it was off limits to tell a white supremacist to go f#ck himself even if he was expressing condolences for someone? I suspect not. Most people wouldn't have any problem with putting a dude like that on blast. Odious people are considered "fair game" by the general public. I tend to consider nepotism to be particularly odious because it denies more qualified people an opportunity.

Rick Jr would not a job at a P5 program but for his dad. As a result, we got an unqualified QB coach whose multiyear job failure squandered an opportunity to put Miami on the map and we are now even further behind than we were in the Golden years. I have no sympathy for Rick Jr. I can totally understand why some might consider him "fair game" any time he decides to surface.
Yes I do Jon asked prayers for someone .it's called having respect for others and too many people don't seem to have any in today's society.what if you or if someone you knew needed what Jon asked for ad people attacked you like they did him how would you respond.

Advertisement
Back