Jon Richt tweet and responses

Richt will probably have them singing christmas carols, baking cookies, and drinking hot coco the night before the game.
1126.gif

Advertisement
Low rent is hiring your unqualified son to coach quarterbacks, and tying up a valuable coaching spot for it. Nepotism is widely disliked by most people in most places.

Nepotism is disgusting. Hiring your unqualified son might work at some podunk high school in east Texas, but not in the big leagues. Rick took an unwise gamble. If his son was successful recruiting and coaching, then maybe fans look the other way. If qb play stinks through multiple QBs and he loses all his recruiting targets, the fans rightfully are going to want to know what qualifies the coach's son to coach the QBs.

Rick Jr should have said, "Thanks but no thanks, Pops. Going to be too much heat on us if something goes wrong. Just hook me up at a non P5 school and I'll earn my way up from there."

Nepotism is disgusting. Hiring your unqualified son might work at some podunk high school in east Texas, but not in the big leagues. Rick took an unwise gamble. If his son was successful recruiting and coaching, then maybe fans look the other way. If qb play stinks through multiple QBs and he loses all his recruiting targets, the fans rightfully are going to want to know what qualifies the coach's son to coach the QBs.

Rick Jr should have said, "Thanks but no thanks, Pops. Going to be too much heat on us if something goes wrong. Just hook me up at a non P5 school and I'll earn my way up from there."

LMAO, because that’s what people in the real world do? Turn down an opportunity to live in south Florida, be close to your family, work with your dad doing your dream job, and make 6 figures, just because the fans might troll you on Twitter & CIS? LMAO, ok. SMH

Yep. Does every Miami fan suck? No. However, the fan base as a whole does. I’ve never seen another fan base be so toxic and spew negativity at every little thing. I’ve never seen another fan base call people “terrible fans” for going to games and buying tickets.

Nebraska put 90,000 fans in a stadium when their team was struggling. I’d love to be apart of a fan base like that. But what can you do? I love the Canes so I’m stuck with you weirdos

Who’s stopping you from being a Nebraska fan?? You got my blessing!

Read same whining over classless banners that hurt recruiting bro.

Run him out of town boys!

Advertisement
LMAO, because that’s what people in the real world do? Turn down an opportunity to live in south Florida, be close to your family, work with your dad doing your dream job, and make 6 figures, just because the fans might troll you on Twitter & CIS? LMAO, ok. SMH

Kid's that get hooked up with jobs by their parents are put in a position where typically they're put in a position where they're not going to fail. This situation is entirely different given how college football works. Richt's been around college football as an assistance/head coach for about 30 years. He should've known this was going to happen, especially since his mentor Bowden went through the same thing.

Kid's that get hooked up with jobs by their parents are put in a position where typically they're put in a position where they're not going to fail. This situation is entirely different given how college football works. Richt's been around college football as an assistance/head coach for about 30 years. He should've known this was going to happen, especially since his mentor Bowden went through the same thing.
You would think he would recognize all of this but then again, Richt is a total buffoon.

And that's where you have Richt confused. He doesn't see the Bowden thing as failing. **** Bobby Bowden doesn't see it that way either. That's the very reason why this thing is going to get extremely ugly. Richt feels blessed just to come to work everyday and work with his son, results be damned.

Advertisement
And that's where you have Richt confused. He doesn't see the Bowden thing as failing. **** Bobby Bowden doesn't see it that way either. That's the very reason why this thing is going to get extremely ugly. Richt feels blessed just to come to work everyday and work with his son, results be damned.

Bowden recognized it later on. There have been interviews out there where he understood why the fanbase (FSU's) was at the time reacting the way they did.

Bowden recognized it later on. There have been interviews out there where he understood why the fanbase (FSU's) was at the time reacting the way they did.

I missed that. However, did he say that if he had to do it over again that he would do it differently? Or just that he understood why the fanbase was ****ed? There's a difference.

Edit: Just wondering because iirc, even when lil Bowden left the reports were that the ole man tried to talk him out of it.

Advertisement

Fair enough. In the real world, a smart business man or woman doesn’t hire anyone they can’t fire. Unfortunately, Richt isn’t that smart and will go down with his son.

If Johnny boy was a man of good morals and values, and cared about his Dad, he would be looking for alternatives to spare his father the potential inevitability of termination at Miami. I would.

Well, quite frankky, yes. You think he's going to get another shot after this? Real world yes he should've cut his teeth elsewhere before a big boy position.

His career is more than likely over from here on out. HS coach is his future even though he may be a good coach in the future.

If he had a brain he would have. He made 6 figures for a few years. After this fiasco he will never get a 6 figure coaching job again. He made a dumb decision. Had he worked as an analyst and actually learned the job he would have been much better off in the long run.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back