Jon Richt tweet and responses

Advertisement
Nebraska fans really have no choice. What else are you going to do in Nebraska? Also, Frost is in year 1 of a program that is in worst shape than Miami was. No one was expecting Frost to go undefeated in year 1.

I beg to differ. Their were approximately THIRTY-FIVE PERCENT of the CornSUCKER hayseed fandom ( That includes the Cornsucker media-nexus, too. ) whom thought Frost would go 10-2 or 9-3 this season. :youre-nuts: Matter of fact, Sin City layed " 25-1 " odds that that Cornhusker team would play in the Big Ten championship this season ( Vegas also laid odds of each Big Ten team reaching the conference championship game. ). Not winning the title game, but just making a cameo appearance. So what U say. Well, that 25-1 odds was amazingly DROPPED down to " 6-1!!! " That's 6-1 dudes. And it was those right wing sod-busting RUSTIC HAYSEEDS whom support their beloved football program which dropped the initial odds.

Moral of the take. Vegas LAUGHED all the way to their corporate banks off the money those hinterland clod-diggers Nebraska fans, whom wagered on that Cornsucker team.:rolleyes:

Sin City also made a killing on the O/U win total for Nebraska... 6 1/2. Matter of fact, Sin City made approximately $ 5 MILLION dollars off that wager alone. Go figure. And any major dude would know those Cornsucker's are mighty DELUSIONAL and what not.

The tweets were not even that bad. Pretty tame if you ask me, just calling for him to be fired. Don't want attention, don't tweet. And so what if his tweet was about milton? The responses showed no disrespect towards milton himself, and of course I hope he recovers from the injury and wish him the best, but it's not some sacred tragedy. I'm not losing any sleep over it. Injuries happen.

Some other posters said it also, but anyone who is wishing our fans were more like Bama, Penn st, or ND!!!!??? GTFO. Let's see how those david dukes in bama would act if their team was mired in mediocrity and terrible admin of the team for a decade plus. (they wouldnt like it is an understatement), Penn state fans embarrassed themselves forever imo by only caring about joe pa and not about the victims at all, and do those domeheads even need a reason? Any big time program who has had a decade like ours, the fans are not going to be polite anywhere. And all things considered from what our situation is and has been, we are not that bad as a fanbase as a whole, and our passion is one of the best things about us.

Besides, Lombardi use to say "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a LOSER"

I hope UCF is still good enough to beat UF in their bowl game.
As long as those dudes who've been popping up lately with the golden nightees slurper threads don't get out of hand.
I'm not fond of golden nightees stench.
tenor.gif

The tweets were not even that bad. Pretty tame if you ask me, just calling for him to be fired. Don't want attention, don't tweet. And so what if his tweet was about milton? The responses showed no disrespect towards milton himself, and of course I hope he recovers from the injury and wish him the best, but it's not some sacred tragedy. I'm not losing any sleep over it. Injuries happen.

Some other posters said it also, but anyone who is wishing our fans were more like Bama, Penn st, or ND!!!!??? GTFO. Let's see how those david dukes in bama would act if their team was mired in mediocrity and terrible admin of the team for a decade plus. (they wouldnt like it is an understatement), Penn state fans embarrassed themselves forever imo by only caring about joe pa and not about the victims at all, and do those domeheads even need a reason? Any big time program who has had a decade like ours, the fans are not going to be polite anywhere. And all things considered from what our situation is and has been, we are not that bad as a fanbase as a whole, and our passion is one of the best things about us.

Besides, Lombardi use to say "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a LOSER"

They don't make coaches like Vincent anymore. The closest today in major college football would be Lord Saban.

Advertisement
I’m not the internet morality police nor did I take part in that childish exchange

But if your a public figure whose getting a healthy check at a job you got due to your last name and you just had back to back years of crap from the position you get that
But but but malik just set all of our records... malik is a gift to humanity & a gawd, kim shebow level of um football. Clearly an all time great. How can us fans not appreciate what weve been witness to

Unfortunately, Pappa Richt setup JR for failure and as a consequence all the negative backlash against him. Why the **** Pappa would bring his son on board as the QB coach when he has ZERO experience doing the job bewilders me. He just put a black mark on his son for targeting especially with the horrific display of competence exhibited by Pappa and son. While I don’t condone what these posters did, I certainly understand their frustration and why he’s being targeted. Didn’t Pappa also know that he’s screwed his son from any and all coaching jobs for the rest of his life? $200,000/yr is **** good money but I hope he’s saving up most of it because he’ll never see that number again in his lifetime thanks to Pappa. Which just shows you that Richt has no strategic vision whatsoever.

There's always Barber College.

Advertisement
Mixed feelings here. While the time to press lil Richt was not appropriate when he was showing love to a young man whose career is likely over, give some of the fans credit for not hiding on a message board and saying to him directly how the overwhelming majority of us feel about his tenure here.

Unfortunately, Pappa Richt setup JR for failure and as a consequence all the negative backlash against him. Why the **** Pappa would bring his son on board as the QB coach when he has ZERO experience doing the job bewilders me. He just put a black mark on his son for targeting especially with the horrific display of competence exhibited by Pappa and son. While I don’t condone what these posters did, I certainly understand their frustration and why he’s being targeted. Didn’t Pappa also know that he’s screwed his son from any and all coaching jobs for the rest of his life? $200,000/yr is **** good money but I hope he’s saving up most of it because he’ll never see that number again in his lifetime thanks to Pappa. Which just shows you that Richt has no strategic vision whatsoever.

While you may be correct about all that, I don't think the point is that he should not be "targeted" in tweets or fans be critical of his job performance, etc. the point I think for some of us is why in a twitter feed that began as a prayer be derailed by stuff not having to do anything with that situation?

Does Jon not tweet other football related statements that these guys wanting to spew their venom can jump on other than one starting with a simple prayer invocation?

These are probably the same guys that would follow him into a church yelling that his time would be better served breaking down film, learning how to coach, developing his qbs, or looking for another job.

I get the frustration and well deserved criticism as well, I just don't get the incivility and personal invectives being shown by some in tweets or even on this message board when it comes to him or Pappa. It's borderline pathological the hatred that is being spewed on people they don't even personally know or have done nothing to hurt them or their family except lose some football games.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Y’all are acting like he just received a death sentence. He got a fu***ng leg injury playing football....get over yourselves. ***** Jon Richt and his arrogant Father.

He had his chance to be our false idol and he blew it. Next!!!

Plenty of CIS posters still worship at cmr's nut sack.

I’ve been watching it for awhile now. It’s ridiculous. I love how they want to act like they know what a real cane fan is supposed to be like. Everyone loves/hates Raiders fans because of the way they are.

Well this is Miami and this is how we roll. If you want to be a soft pu*** go jump on slick willies bus. We call it like we see it and it’s how the U brand was born.

Honestly I’m sick of not seeing our players hold people accountable too. You think Jerome Brown, Ray Lewis, Irvin, and Warren Sapps would have let that crap happened on offense all year?

They probably would have been kicked off the team.

It’s like we’re afraid to be ourselves anymore because society has become soft. This is a warriors game...so spare me all other BS.

Advertisement
Back