Jon Ford

that makes no sense tho what could be the benefit of leaving early even though you won’t get drafted. Unless if the wrong people are in their ears

Bro; i don’t know, but we went from guys staying their Sr years, enjoying themselves, although they could’ve been 1st round picks, to guys who are grading poorly, yet they still are bouncing. Makes no sense, but kids don’t look to bounce and take this major of a risk unless they feel they won’t improve at a program.

Wondering if they r seeing the examples of Chick, Olsen Pierre, Feliciano, Hurns, etc....guys who are making $ in the league and are hanging around the league w better coaching despite being drafted low or UDFA. Maybe getting a $20k check is worth the risk if they feel they are not being coached up or other things.

All I know when I watch Canes football, the guys who are contributors don’t look happy. It’s actually sad looking program. The guys who r dancing are the ones who will never see the field and a true freshman that I now question if he’s Miami material.

Advertisement
He’s a tryout guy at best. Teams bring in 30ish for rookie tryouts and maybe 1-3 make a 90 man roster, then they cut down to 53 with 10 practice squad. He’s not close to ready

What are practice squad guys making these days and what is their approximate shelf life? I assume if they're injured they're let go and replaced.

$8k per week, a lot of turnover during the season and most aren’t on a p squad the entire season

Why aren't people on a squad long? Player or personnel decision? 8k a week, wonder if most look at it as a snatch and grab. They aren't going to make that kind of money elsewhere unless they get picked up.

Advertisement
Baker sucks **** .... that’s why these kids are leaving

wait until next year, they all leaving or hitting the portal

Bro, I'm telling you, something ain't right here. Something is going on behind the scenes where these kids are looking to bounce, even if they know they won't be drafted or drafted low. That's not a good sign.

#StupidHotTakeIncoming

Advertisement
Bro; i don’t know, but we went from guys staying their Sr years, enjoying themselves, although they could’ve been 1st round picks, to guys who are grading poorly, yet they still are bouncing. Makes no sense, but kids don’t look to bounce and take this major of a risk unless they feel they won’t improve at a program.

Wondering if they r seeing the examples of Chick, Olsen Pierre, Feliciano, Hurns, etc....guys who are making $ in the league and are hanging around the league w better coaching despite being drafted low or UDFA. Maybe getting a $20k check is worth the risk if they feel they are not being coached up or other things.

All I know when I watch Canes football, the guys who are contributors don’t look happy. It’s actually sad looking program. The guys who r dancing are the ones who will never see the field and a true freshman that I now question if he’s Miami material.
There is absolutely no reason to leave. One year away from getting a college degree is priceless for a guy that won't be drafted if he leaves this year. IDK who's in this kids ear, but he needs another year to develop. Coming back next year should be a no-brainer. Set yourself up for a win-win. Get your degree. Ball out. Improve your draft position.

Advertisement

It's a problem all across CFB. We're seeing record entrants of early entrees and the number of spots in the draft isn't changing one bit. It's a bit generational too, and there are more agents and runners in these kid's ears than ever.

...and some y'all beg us, plead not to blame the grown *** men you call "kids" on this team.

What did Jon Ford give this University?

When you get players en masse to decommit, transfer, and leave early at the rate this University sees, its not just on the institution. That's a big part, but you've also got a team of players that don't want to be here. That **** lasts cross numerous coaches.

Freshman and Sophomores they're kids. Juniors and seniors grown *** men

Advertisement

****, bro, that was a sobering post. Also a very true one, sadly.

It's a problem all across CFB. We're seeing record entrants of early entrees and the number of spots in the draft isn't changing one bit. It's a bit generational too, and there are more agents and runners in these kid's ears than ever.

Bro no offense, as I see what ur trying to do, but there’s true 3 and out kids and then there’s us. Bama, Clemson, OSU, Michigan, OU, LSU, Oregon, ****, even USCw are truly recruiting 3 and out kids, and their kids are getting drafted w/in the first 3 rounds. We have kids literally getting poor draft grades and are still bouncing; kids who are advised to stay b/c they may become a UDFA, and are still leaving.

So I get what u’re saying, but it’s not the same at all.

There is absolutely no reason to leave. One year away from getting a college degree is priceless for a guy that won't be drafted if he leaves this year. IDK who's in this kids ear, but he needs another year to develop. Coming back next year should be a no-brainer. Set yourself up for a win-win. Get your degree. Ball out. Improve your draft position.

I agree.

Advertisement
Back