Jon Ford

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ford is a running stuffing DT.

As D$ said nobody has run up the middle against us yet

the next two games will be a test to see if ford can make a big impact

This. It is all relative. I do not expect him to get a tackle on a **** jet or outside zone run. He isnt going to be a guy to put up big sack numbers and don't think that is his role. That is like throwing shade on a corner for not having interceptions yet no one is throwing the ball his way because he is being a lock down dude. Stats don't show it but he has been disruptive. I do however agree that Miller, Nesta and JHH have "flashed" more than him.

Advertisement
Ford is a running stuffing DT.

As D$ said nobody has run up the middle against us yet

the next two games will be a test to see if ford can make a big impact
They don't run up the middle because it's such easy pickings on the perimeter. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter where they run if they're running successfully against us. No one's right over Ford's body? So what. He's not tackling anyone or making plays either or keeping our LBs clean.

Advertisement
every dt is guilty of shooting the wrong gaps and getting washed on the outside zone plays. Ford hasn’t been very good, but we also can’t set an edge to save our life so there’s that too

They don't run up the middle because it's such easy pickings on the perimeter. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter where they run if they're running successfully against us. No one's right over Ford's body? So what. He's not tackling anyone or making plays either or keeping our LBs clean.

Agree with this. First game was UAB.

With UoL, all of their running plays were always going to the edge because we never adjusted for it. I don't know how anyone can legitimately say that Ford has stopped the run given the small sample size.

Advertisement
Jon Ford is a very good DT. Where he goes in the draft is subject to how he plays this year. I would expect him to be a mid round pick.

What Ford Does you won’t see on the stat sheet same with nesta! They alter the game in their own ways respectively

Advertisement
Back