Joe Yearby

Advertisement
Coley thought he had 1,000 yards passing!! Now I get it.

What is so special about Walton as a runner? I don't see it.... He is an excellent pass catcher though
Not special, but he's a good back. Still very young but has a great frame to add more weight and strength without sacrificing like Yearby had to.

I think Yearby would be better if he cut some weight where Walton could be a power back.

Kid has a nice future in front of him IMO, that's all.

With a competent OC and legit RB coach and hopefully a homerun at OL coach I wager we will see massive improvement from our running game next year. That is one thing UGA always did well. Run the ball.

Yearby averaging 4.9 per carry was very pedestrian. He should be high 5's or low 6's.

I think Yearby was smart to bulk up. He was never fast and he gets a lot of carries. If he was in a complementary role as a third-down back, it would make sense to slim down. But he's the workhorse for now and we need him to survive between the tackles.

I think Yearby was smart to bulk up. He was never fast and he gets a lot of carries. If he was in a complementary role as a third-down back, it would make sense to slim down. But he's the workhorse for now and we need him to survive between the tackles.
Agreed to an extent. Too much weight too fast IMO but that's just me.

Walton looks like he can put on 20 lbs and carry it well.

I do definitely agree that the more arm tackles Yearby can break the better, just seemed to me he lost too much footwork. He may not necessarily need to lose weight so much as get used to the weight he's playing with.

Advertisement
I've learned not to kill any kid being coRched up by incompetent aholes.

Yearby isn't elite, but he's done well considering who is coRching him and who is trying to block.

This got lost in the halfback pass fiasco, but Joe Yearby finished with over 1,000 yards this year. Only eight players in school history have ever done that.

Pretty cool accomplishment for a true Cane.

More importantly, how many passing yards does he have?

Yearby Is a beast. Boy out there blocking 300 lb dts. Catching the rock and running that thang. Yearby is a problem. I don't respect your football IQ or your ability to assess talent if you think year by is an average back or wont play in the nfl. Yall some dumazz mofos man.

Advertisement
I won't be surprised if Yearby ends up lining up more in the slot next season and being used similar to Sony Michel. He might not be as fast as Sony, but Yearby's cuts and short area burst are outstanding. He is an absolute nightmare for a LB or a safety to match up against in space. His ability to cut on a dime and get in and out of a cut and back to full speed is probably his most elite ability. There were several times this year when he came out of the back field up the middle and made a fake one way, cut the other way and the linebacker pretty much fell down. I'd like to see him slim down a bit and slowly put back on muscle, in his lower half especially.

He's not an every down back, nor should he try to be. He probably won't do much NFL wise, but he can be a very, very good college football player. I believe Richt will use him better than Coley, and improved OL play will also help him out.

Yearby isn't elite, but he's done well considering who is coRching him and who is trying to block.
Pretty spot on.

Its exactly how I feel about our secondary.

Advertisement
While not an elite back...we can win with him

Accomplishes something only 8 people in the program have accomplished. Not an elite back. Got it.

/reaches for ignore key
Jarrett Payton was one good carry from 1000 yards, and no one is arguing he was elite. Is it that extra 50 yards that makes Joe elite?

The one elite element of Yearby's game was his insane cutting ability. That seems to have disappeared a bit with his sudden huge weight gain.

He completely transformed his style from a quick dancing cat to a grinder who would duck his head and get a couple extra yards. I bet his yards after cont to was pretty good this year.

Advertisement
The OLine was obviously horrendous is pass protection but I don't think they were nearly as bad in the run game.

A good RB would've made them look a lot better.

I can see an argument about if he's elite, but now he's not even good?

He's an average starting University of Miami running back, maybe even below average. He's a solid player but he's not going to win you games.

No one will ever mistake him for elite. That term is being thrown around way too liberally in these parts. He's a nice college running back who should be backing up Cook or Michel.

While not an elite back...we can win with him

Accomplishes something only 8 people in the program have accomplished. Not an elite back. Got it.

/reaches for ignore key
Jarrett Payton was one good carry from 1000 yards, and no one is arguing he was elite. Is it that extra 50 yards that makes Joe elite?

The one elite element of Yearby's game was his insane cutting ability. That seems to have disappeared a bit with his sudden huge weight gain.

He completely transformed his style from a quick dancing cat to a grinder who would duck his head and get a couple extra yards. I bet his yards after cont to was pretty good this year.

If my aunt had a ****, she'd be my uncle.

Hindsight is always 20/20. Payton had some pretty good seasons for us, although I don't remember anyone calling him elite. We were also winning back then, so people were alot less likely to pile onto players like they seem to have a penchant for the last few years. Yearby is a great back that just about every school in the country would love to have. He's also a year removed from major injury and played behind a **** line with a **** coaching staff. If I were to bet, I would bet on him leaving the school with a description closer to "elite" than "bust". By the way some people talk about him around here, you'd swear we grabbed this kid off some intramural flag football team or some ****.

Pretty spot on.

Its exactly how I feel about our secondary.

With bringing in both top notch coaches for DL and DB's that group will have a major turn around next year.

Advertisement
Back