Joe Yearby

Advertisement
He's transformed into a grinder. Would love to see him lose some weight and regain some quicks.

On a side note, seeing him slap that fat slob OL after he gave up a killshot on Kaaya warmed my heart.

This, he lost explosiveness and looked slow. Still very impressive feat behind one of the worst offensive lines in school history.

While not an elite back...we can win with him

Accomplishes something only 8 people in the program have accomplished. Not an elite back. Got it.

/reaches for ignore key
Jarrett Payton was one good carry from 1000 yards, and no one is arguing he was elite. Is it that extra 50 yards that makes Joe elite?

The one elite element of Yearby's game was his insane cutting ability. That seems to have disappeared a bit with his sudden huge weight gain.

He completely transformed his style from a quick dancing cat to a grinder who would duck his head and get a couple extra yards. I bet his yards after cont to was pretty good this year.

If my aunt had a ****, she'd be my uncle.

Hindsight is always 20/20. Payton had some pretty good seasons for us, although I don't remember anyone calling him elite. We were also winning back then, so people were alot less likely to pile onto players like they seem to have a penchant for the last few years. Yearby is a great back that just about every school in the country would love to have. He's also a year removed from major injury and played behind a **** line with a **** coaching staff. If I were to bet, I would bet on him leaving the school with a description closer to "elite" than "bust". By the way some people talk about him around here, you'd swear we grabbed this kid off some intramural flag football team or some ****.

Your aunt does have a dyck.

And guys like you always feel the need to be dramatic. Who the **** called Yearby a bust? You're making **** up just to go on some dramatic jag to get attention.

I'm just going to say one thing: Yearby ran for 1k behind this:

1441063821719.jpg

miami.jpg

Screen-Shot-2015-08-30-at-9.29.11-PM.jpg

While not an elite back...we can win with him

Accomplishes something only 8 people in the program have accomplished. Not an elite back. Got it.

/reaches for ignore key
Jarrett Payton was one good carry from 1000 yards, and no one is arguing he was elite. Is it that extra 50 yards that makes Joe elite?

The one elite element of Yearby's game was his insane cutting ability. That seems to have disappeared a bit with his sudden huge weight gain.

He completely transformed his style from a quick dancing cat to a grinder who would duck his head and get a couple extra yards. I bet his yards after cont to was pretty good this year.

If my aunt had a ****, she'd be my uncle.

Hindsight is always 20/20. Payton had some pretty good seasons for us, although I don't remember anyone calling him elite. We were also winning back then, so people were alot less likely to pile onto players like they seem to have a penchant for the last few years. Yearby is a great back that just about every school in the country would love to have. He's also a year removed from major injury and played behind a **** line with a **** coaching staff. If I were to bet, I would bet on him leaving the school with a description closer to "elite" than "bust". By the way some people talk about him around here, you'd swear we grabbed this kid off some intramural flag football team or some ****.

Your aunt does have a dyck.

And guys like you always feel the need to be dramatic. Who the **** called Yearby a bust? You're making **** up just to go on some dramatic jag to get attention.

ok-gifs-animes-6691759.gif

Advertisement
Some of you all saying he looked slow by adding on good weight but failing to realize he never was that fast to begin with tells me all I need to know lol.

Some of you all saying he looked slow by adding on good weight but failing to realize he never was that fast to begin with tells me all I need to know lol.

i think he was faster last year. could be wrong but it looked it. more agile.
[video=youtube;-xWBoy_Bz70]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xWBoy_Bz70[/video]

Not only was he faster, but he was far quicker. His cut game was elite before he bloated up.

Advertisement

https://twitter.com/yayoelcaballo/status/645355275856269312

He looked a lot a lot faster on this td run vs Nebraska then last year. Remember he had 4 experienced offensive lineman blocking for him last year which gave him more room. For him to even get 1000 with limited amount of carries due to favorites is good

Not only was he faster, but he was far quicker. His cut game was elite before he bloated up.

i agree 100%

Brock doesn't think extra weight impacts cutting ability and short area quickness, just speed.

Advertisement
richt will fix this. they tried to turn yearby into eddie lacy, richt will turn him into a warrick dunn type.

i agree 100%

Yearby only had 86 carries last year, mostly against bad teams. He needed the extra weight to survive this year's workload.

Unlike James Jackson, who really bulked up too much, Yearby was never a gamebreaker. He still kept much of his quickness, which is why he ran for 1,000 yards as a small, slow guy behind a bad OL.

Advertisement

i agree 100%

Yearby only had 86 carries last year, mostly against bad teams. He needed the extra weight to survive this year's workload.

Unlike James Jackson, who really bulked up too much, Yearby was never a gamebreaker. He still kept much of his quickness, which is why he ran for 1,000 yards as a small, slow guy behind a bad OL.

he had longer runs last year. i didnt say he cant put weight on but it wasnt done right. he looks stiff. duke put weight on but looked better. something didnt work for yearby.

i agree 100%

he had longer runs last year. i didnt say he cant put weight on but it wasnt done right. he looks stiff. duke put weight on but looked better. something didnt work for yearby.

Looked like bad weight. He looked top heavy like some dude from HS who you didn't see over the summer then he came back to school all bulked up and stiff in the fall.

He definitely lost what made him special, but I give him credit for plugging away all year and having a pretty good year.

He reminds me of Frank Gore after Frank blew out 2 knees and reinvented himself as a plugger/grinder. Frank HAD to reinvent himself due to the massive knee injuries. I don't think Yearby had to.

Let's hope with Travis Homer coming in and The Gus Bus coming back, Yearby can lean down and get back his quickness. We won't need him to carry as much of the load next year.

Advertisement
Back