Joe Yearby

Advertisement
Runs like his shoe laces are tied together. Other than that, he's a good running back.

I've been following Joe since before his UM days and the young man has serious God given talent. I think we need to trim him down a little to regain his quickness and ability to make people miss. Here's a video of him at a Fsu camp in high school. The cut at the end shows you what he can do with a more appropriate body type.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=11VIIIU5QDc

Advertisement
This got lost in the halfback pass fiasco, but Joe Yearby finished with over 1,000 yards this year. Only eight players in school history have ever done that.

Pretty cool accomplishment for a true Cane.
I for one dont know how the **** he did that with this OL. Thats a true accomplishment of his skill set

He'll be a nice complimentary back to Travis Homer if he can lose 10 pounds and get his quickness back.

Advertisement
Joe Yearby, played under a crappy system, with a crappy o-line, and crappy rotational method used by a biased position coach; yet he puts 1g on the board.

As Canes fans, some of us really don't appreciate what we have; we're constantly comparing our players to the ones that got away. Is he better than Cook? Well, I know for one thing, one is coming off a horrific leg injury playing for a laugh factory of a coaching staff with a bunch of Coal Shovelers blocking for him, and the other has been healthy playing under a legit coaching staff w 5/4* talent dripping all around him.

Yearby has been hella solid for us this year, DESPITE the circumstances around him. I do give the nod to Cook in many aspects w that burst, but Yearby broke so many tackles, created so much space b/c of his elite quickness and wiggle, and catches the ball like a WR. He would get hot, then, boom, Lice would put in Walton for extended plays and all of sudden it's "where's Yearby?" We look at his final stat line, and then it's "anyone who said Yearby is better than Cook is an idiot." But do we really look at his stat line? Kid would have 67yrds on 10 carries, just to finish with 81 yrds on 14 carries? How? B/c of the f'n coaching staff.

Ultra long delayed handoffs on 3rd and forever. Dive up the middle on 2nd and 10's. Extended handoff on 1st and 25. I mean u can't make this type of play calling up; yet he still put up a G on limited carries. Honestly, based upon what he had working against him and the lack of resources protecting him or opening up lanes, this is probably one of the most impressive 1g I've seen a RB put up; that's not being a homer, that's being s fan of the game.

Joe Yearby, played under a crappy system, with a crappy o-line, and crappy rotational method used by a biased position coach; yet he puts 1g on the board.

As Canes fans, some of us really don't appreciate what we have; we're constantly comparing our players to the ones that got away. Is he better than Cook? Well, I know for one thing, one is coming off a horrific leg injury playing for a laugh factory of a coaching staff with a bunch of Coal Shovelers blocking for him, and the other has been healthy playing under a legit coaching staff w 5/4* talent dripping all around him.

Yearby has been hella solid for us this year, DESPITE the circumstances around him. I do give the nod to Cook in many aspects w that burst, but Yearby broke so many tackles, created so much space b/c of his elite quickness and wiggle, and catches the ball like a WR. He would get hot, then, boom, Lice would put in Walton for extended plays and all of sudden it's "where's Yearby?" We look at his final stat line, and then it's "anyone who said Yearby is better than Cook is an idiot." But do we really look at his stat line? Kid would have 67yrds on 10 carries, just to finish with 81 yrds on 14 carries? How? B/c of the f'n coaching staff.

Ultra long delayed handoffs on 3rd and forever. Dive up the middle on 2nd and 10's. Extended handoff on 1st and 25. I mean u can't make this type of play calling up; yet he still put up a G on limited carries. Honestly, based upon what he had working against him and the lack of resources protecting him or opening up lanes, this is probably one of the most impressive 1g I've seen a RB put up; that's not being a homer, that's being s fan of the game.

This...

While not an elite back...we can win with him

This is just stupid. Just because he isn't a world class sprinter doesn't mean he isn't an elite back. You guys and 40 times SMH

Pffff....welcome to the UM fanbase.

We have to have the most atrocious OL and DL (pretty close) for them to care about anything but 40 times and verts.

Once that is corrected, I'm sure a 30 yard 4.55 burst through a properly blocked front will be critiqued for not getting housed.

Hopefully most of these cats will soon learn that the priority might just be the trenches and not how many skill positions we can back up 6-7 deep because they look cooler on film.

UM

Advertisement
Yearby is a nice back. I really liked what I saw from Walton for such a young kid.

Excellent group next season.

The OLine was obviously horrendous is pass protection but I don't think they were nearly as bad in the run game.

A good RB would've made them look a lot better.

Advertisement
What is so special about Walton as a runner? I don't see it.... He is an excellent pass catcher though

This got lost in the halfback pass fiasco, but Joe Yearby finished with over 1,000 yards this year. Only eight players in school history have ever done that.

Pretty cool accomplishment for a true Cane.

Wow. I had no idea he was even close. Worst oline in memory, worst coaching staff ever, and a true Miami QB slinging and he still got 1000. Great year Joe.

OK... Yearby transformed, is not an elite back, has no top end speed and has a horrible offensive line and somehow did something only 8 hurricanes have ever done and all we know is that the RB coach sucks!

FN Unbelievable really... you cant make this shiat up.

Advertisement
Back