Joe Yearby

Advertisement
Gus's fumble in that spot in the end of the game could have been disastrous

Unforgivable

Yearby is hitting the hole much quicker than Duke!, I wonder why!?
Extra weigh is good for duke-lol My ***!
That extra weigh is affecting duke's explosion

Surely hasn't affected his vision or balance, nor has it reflected on the stat sheet.

Advertisement
I definitely think that Gus is about to fall by the wayside. I don't see Yearby as some All-American but he's better than Gus. To tell the truth, he looks a ton like Graig Cooper--number, build, running style.

Depends what they do with Yearby moving forward.

If they pack the weight on to him like they have Duke then I can see him losing his effectiveness.

He's not a workhorse back, but he'll keep those chains moving all day if he's part of a rotation.

Maybe both. They'll put some weight on him but he may still end up best as a rotation back. He's a small guy frame-wise.

On the weight thing, the component people never talk about is that it's best for the PLAYER to gain weight in terms of their future. The NFL isn't clamoring for 175 lb scatbacks. It's hard to be a high draft pick below 200 lbs. If a small back wants to maximize draft status, you need to get to that 205 lb range and hopefully retain some of the quicks you had at 175. Ameer Abdullah did the same thing.

Advertisement
I had said that I hadn't seen anything from him yet to get excited about. Last night changed that.

Need to find a way to get Duke in the backfield and Yearby in the slot or rollout to the slot. He is a D-Cor. worst nightmare in space. Throw Coley on the opposite side and Walford on same side as Coley and force the defense to pick their poison.

I definitely think that Gus is about to fall by the wayside. I don't see Yearby as some All-American but he's better than Gus. To tell the truth, he looks a ton like Graig Cooper--number, build, running style.

Depends what they do with Yearby moving forward.

If they pack the weight on to him like they have Duke then I can see him losing his effectiveness.

He's not a workhorse back, but he'll keep those chains moving all day if he's part of a rotation.

Maybe both. They'll put some weight on him but he may still end up best as a rotation back. He's a small guy frame-wise.

On the weight thing, the component people never talk about is that it's best for the PLAYER to gain weight in terms of their future. The NFL isn't clamoring for 175 lb scatbacks. It's hard to be a high draft pick below 200 lbs. If a small back wants to maximize draft status, you need to get to that 205 lb range and hopefully retain some of the quicks you had at 175. Ameer Abdullah did the same thing.

You just need to look at Duke's Freshman tape and compare it to now.

He looks great in both, but he's a much more dynamic player at a lighter weight. If he wants to be a 'workhorse' back in the NFL then yes the weight has been good for him - but imo he'd make just as much money as the dynamic guy in a rotation at a lighter weight. Nobody wants anything to do with a 190lb Johnson in the open field - he makes guys look foolish trying to tackle him.

Advertisement
Anyone who Paid attention to Joe at Central knew exactly what we were getting. Kid is a certified Dade County baller. He will be a star here. At least running back U seems to be in full swing again.

Chocolate gets his chance next year... And he too has star written all over him.

Advertisement
Next year will be nice with
Yearby
Gray
Tucker
Williams
Scarlett
Walton

Expect Edwards to be moved to LB in spring or be moving on

Advertisement
Back