Joe Yearby

But but but Dalvin Cook is better guys lol. *** out of here. Yearby was the starter for 3 years their for a reason.. He's a natural runner

Advertisement
Yearby is a savage. We got ourselves a very nice stable. If we can get trayone going then between duke, yearby and trayone.

As duval says, ooooooooooooooooo weeeeeeeeeeee

Sony has 23 carries for 223 yards and 3 TD and 6 catches for 74 yards and 1 TD
Yearby has 33 for 188 and 5 catches for 85 yards and 1 TD

Why are people acting like Michel is a Heisman candidate? Outside of the Troy game, Michel has done nothing.

I definitely think that Gus is about to fall by the wayside. I don't see Yearby as some All-American but he's better than Gus. To tell the truth, he looks a ton like Graig Cooper--number, build, running style.

Depends what they do with Yearby moving forward.

If they pack the weight on to him like they have Duke then I can see him losing his effectiveness.

He's not a workhorse back, but he'll keep those chains moving all day if he's part of a rotation.

Maybe both. They'll put some weight on him but he may still end up best as a rotation back. He's a small guy frame-wise.

On the weight thing, the component people never talk about is that it's best for the PLAYER to gain weight in terms of their future. The NFL isn't clamoring for 175 lb scatbacks. It's hard to be a high draft pick below 200 lbs. If a small back wants to maximize draft status, you need to get to that 205 lb range and hopefully retain some of the quicks you had at 175. Ameer Abdullah did the same thing.

You just need to look at Duke's Freshman tape and compare it to now.

He looks great in both, but he's a much more dynamic player at a lighter weight. If he wants to be a 'workhorse' back in the NFL then yes the weight has been good for him - but imo he'd make just as much money as the dynamic guy in a rotation at a lighter weight. Nobody wants anything to do with a 190lb Johnson in the open field - he makes guys look foolish trying to tackle him.

I'm confused. How would he make money as a 190lb. scat back? The only back that I see that's 190 lbs. is Darren Sproles, and he's 5'6, Duke is 5'9. Basically, both backs have the same build already. Duke will be fine at the next level.

By returning kicks, returning punts and touching the ball 15-20 times a game without having to carry that extra weight (which undoubtedly slows him down) because he's your workhorse back.

Yearby needs to get EVERY carry Duke doesn't. As long as Coley stays away from the WR screens and let Kaaya keep throwing over the middle down field, these two backs will eat the ACC alive this year. Two Sunday backs in your backfield is a very good thing. If Coley has to throw screens then make them to one of these two guys. WR should be going downfield and crossing the middle with TEs coming behind. Take safeties and LBs off LOS and let our fast dogs run. We have the perfect QB for these backs. He can make defense pay for crowding the LOS IF Coley will go downfield and not WR screen.

Advertisement
Yearby needs to get EVERY carry Duke doesn't. As long as Coley stays away from the WR screens and let Kaaya keep throwing over the middle down field, these two backs will eat the ACC alive this year. Two Sunday backs in your backfield is a very good thing. If Coley has to throw screens then make them to one of these two guys. WR should be going downfield and crossing the middle with TEs coming behind. Take safeties and LBs off LOS and let our fast dogs run. We have the perfect QB for these backs. He can make defense pay for crowding the LOS IF Coley will go downfield and not WR screen.

completely agree.

I definitely think that Gus is about to fall by the wayside. I don't see Yearby as some All-American but he's better than Gus. To tell the truth, he looks a ton like Graig Cooper--number, build, running style.

Yearby is what Cooper should have been. Cooper ran too much east and west. Yearby runs north and south and gets it done.

Yearby is a stud.
Cooper was the truth tho ....... Fsu 2009 game

Pretty sure Cooper fell over himself after making a cut.

The turf is a first ballot CFHOFer based on its performance against Lamar And Coop during their careers at Miami. Never seen the turf so active than when those boys were toting the rock.

Advertisement
I hope he continues to get more touches through ACC play. If Duke needs a breather. Yearby needs to be in there for 10-14 touches a game. Duke needs to touch the football at least 20 times per game and we would run through the coastal.

everyone forgot about him cause we missed out on Dalvin.. smfh

This is complete revisionist history. Virtually every post on the recruiting board said something to the effect: "I love Yearby ... he's a beast, but losing Cook and Michel would still be a huge hit, because they are also elite talents."

Just because fans want to stockpile talent does not mean they are inherently diminishing the recruits that previously verballed.

What is especially amazing about how well Yearby is playing is that he's coming off a knee injury.

The future is very bright for this kid, and our offense.

Advertisement

The turf is a first ballot CFHOFer based on its performance against Lamar And Coop during their careers at Miami. Never seen the turf so active than when those boys were toting the rock.

while not turf, Melvin Bratton really got screwed as well. Too bad the medical procedures were not as advanced then as they were when McGahee had that vicious hit.

while not turf, Melvin Bratton really got screwed as well. Too bad the medical procedures were not as advanced then as they were when McGahee had that vicious hit.

I misread Dycane's post. Thought you were talking about Cooper's injury.

Sony has 23 carries for 223 yards and 3 TD and 6 catches for 74 yards and 1 TD
Yearby has 33 for 188 and 5 catches for 85 yards and 1 TD

Why are people acting like Michel is a Heisman candidate? Outside of the Troy game, Michel has done nothing.

you're not suggesting that Michel is anything but a stud, right? Some idiots on here were trying to claim that Alex Collins was not a stud as well. Both those kids will be in the NFL.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back