Joe Yearby

Gus Edwards should be scout team/ 4th string TB. He has neither the speed nor the toughness for another position.

Anything he is asked to do can be done better by Yearbs, Chocolate, or Tuck.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Duke looks fine to me. He was ready to break many runs yesterday but a duke player would barely touch a shoelace. IMHO his fear of fumbling makes him more tentative. there were a couple of times yesterday where I saw him cover up early and didnt get hit. THat slows u down.

Depends what they do with Yearby moving forward.

If they pack the weight on to him like they have Duke then I can see him losing his effectiveness.

He's not a workhorse back, but he'll keep those chains moving all day if he's part of a rotation.

Maybe both. They'll put some weight on him but he may still end up best as a rotation back. He's a small guy frame-wise.

On the weight thing, the component people never talk about is that it's best for the PLAYER to gain weight in terms of their future. The NFL isn't clamoring for 175 lb scatbacks. It's hard to be a high draft pick below 200 lbs. If a small back wants to maximize draft status, you need to get to that 205 lb range and hopefully retain some of the quicks you had at 175. Ameer Abdullah did the same thing.

You just need to look at Duke's Freshman tape and compare it to now.

He looks great in both, but he's a much more dynamic player at a lighter weight. If he wants to be a 'workhorse' back in the NFL then yes the weight has been good for him - but imo he'd make just as much money as the dynamic guy in a rotation at a lighter weight. Nobody wants anything to do with a 190lb Johnson in the open field - he makes guys look foolish trying to tackle him.

I'm confused. How would he make money as a 190lb. scat back? The only back that I see that's 190 lbs. is Darren Sproles, and he's 5'6, Duke is 5'9. Basically, both backs have the same build already. Duke will be fine at the next level.

jacquizz rodgers, dexter mcluster.....look em up you dont have to be over 200 lbs to be a back in the nfl

You realize Jacqui is getting his sh¡t pushed in the league and hasn't done nothing, its the same reason why the Falcon drafted Freeman. Dexter was barely even a player besides a kick and punt returner for the Chiefs with the Titans he's finally playing running back.

Love watching Yearby run. The way he uses his shoulders to manipulate defenders before he cuts is as good as it gets. Kid is just flat out exciting when he has the rock.... It reminds me of how I felt when watching Duke, Gore, Hester, Parrish, etc when they were frosh. I think his long speed might be better than we think, too. We will see how he grows but it's fun to watch.

Swag, sit back and enjoy it man because Yearby is going to take us on a nice ride. That kid is going to be electric on the football field. People got so caught up with us losing out on the "better" NFL prospects that they downplayed this kid's abilities. He's a natural out there, and he's going to make a lot of plays in the O&G.

Advertisement
Yearby is hitting the hole much quicker than Duke!, I wonder why!?
Extra weigh is good for duke-lol My ***!
That extra weigh is affecting duke's explosion
Agreed, while he will still have a high YPC, there were a couple runs last night that I t hink pre weight gain Duke would've takin to the house vs the shoelace tackle

There have been a lot of runs the first 4 games (and many last year) that resulted in 5 yard gains that would have been 1 or 2 yard gains before the added weight.

Trayone will start next year I can tell already he's so much bigger and faster than yearby.

If Scarlett sticks and is a legit 210-215 he's gonna be in front of yearby to.

Advertisement
Trayone will start next year I can tell already he's so much bigger and faster than yearby.

If Scarlett sticks and is a legit 210-215 he's gonna be in front of yearby to.

I think trayone plays a lot but he isn't starting over yearby. Yearby will likely be 195 ish next season and runs just fine right now.

Love watching Yearby run. The way he uses his shoulders to manipulate defenders before he cuts is as good as it gets. Kid is just flat out exciting when he has the rock.... It reminds me of how I felt when watching Duke, Gore, Hester, Parrish, etc when they were frosh. I think his long speed might be better than we think, too. We will see how he grows but it's fun to watch.

Swag, sit back and enjoy it man because Yearby is going to take us on a nice ride. That kid is going to be electric on the football field. People got so caught up with us losing out on the "better" NFL prospects that they downplayed this kid's abilities. He's a natural out there, and he's going to make a lot of plays in the O&G.

Always an honor to watch natural football players - especially when they're put in position to just play on instinct. When you watch Yearby on a toss or a swing route, it's like watching those junior high kids who are just out there having fun.

Yearby sure doesn't play like a 4.6 guy, though 40 times are generally overrated for a RB. His explosion is off the charts and there's no wasted movement. Anyone who watched him murder Dade county knew he was a special player.

Advertisement
Yearby sure doesn't play like a 4.6 guy, though 40 times are generally overrated for a RB. His explosion is off the charts and there's no wasted movement. Anyone who watched him murder Dade county knew he was a special player.

Agree, when he puts that foot in the ground those cuts are violent and sudden. He gets back to full speed very quickly as well.

yearby will get faster being at miami, Remember herb waters ran in the 4.6-4.7 before he came to miami and now he is a 4.3 40 guy

He should have been getting more touches earlier in the year. 0 rush attempts against Nebraska....SMH

No reason he doesn't get 7-10+ touches per game from here on out.

I'd like to see more sets with Duke and Yearby on the field at the same time.

UGA does a really nice job of rotating Gurley, Chubb and Michel. On top of that, they will sometimes pair one of them with McKenzie in motion going the other way. 2 elite playmakers going to opposite sides of the field on the same play is never easy to cover as a defense.

They find a way to get all of their playmakers the ball in space, no reason we can't do that. Especially when you have less of them.

I also think of the way the Eagles have used Sproles with Shady this year.

Maybe both. They'll put some weight on him but he may still end up best as a rotation back. He's a small guy frame-wise.

On the weight thing, the component people never talk about is that it's best for the PLAYER to gain weight in terms of their future. The NFL isn't clamoring for 175 lb scatbacks. It's hard to be a high draft pick below 200 lbs. If a small back wants to maximize draft status, you need to get to that 205 lb range and hopefully retain some of the quicks you had at 175. Ameer Abdullah did the same thing.

You just need to look at Duke's Freshman tape and compare it to now.

He looks great in both, but he's a much more dynamic player at a lighter weight. If he wants to be a 'workhorse' back in the NFL then yes the weight has been good for him - but imo he'd make just as much money as the dynamic guy in a rotation at a lighter weight. Nobody wants anything to do with a 190lb Johnson in the open field - he makes guys look foolish trying to tackle him.

I'm confused. How would he make money as a 190lb. scat back? The only back that I see that's 190 lbs. is Darren Sproles, and he's 5'6, Duke is 5'9. Basically, both backs have the same build already. Duke will be fine at the next level.

jacquizz rodgers, dexter mcluster.....look em up you dont have to be over 200 lbs to be a back in the nfl

You realize Jacqui is getting his sh¡t pushed in the league and hasn't done nothing, its the same reason why the Falcon drafted Freeman. Dexter was barely even a player besides a kick and punt returner for the Chiefs with the Titans he's finally playing running back.

doesnt matter i didnt say they were great backs the point is they wouldnt become better backs by artificially adding weight when they're not naturally bigger backs, and freeman must not be that great as rodgers still has more carries than him at this point this year

Advertisement
Back