Joe Brady

Advertisement
Thoughts on Hammersmith? I would guess his style would be what Mario prefers, right?

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 4.57.39 PM.png

He's not a QB coach. He's a WR coach. If Brady comes to Miami as the OC, he coaches the WRs and we need a QB coach which I would prefer Coley. Most don't like Coley, but I thought he did a good job at UM for what he had to work with and he's always been a good QB coach and recruiter. It would set up nicely to replace Brady with Coley as OC with one exception. The playbook must stay the same as what Brady implemented. This way, the machine keeps turning nonstop.

When you have a good offense, I don't like wholesale changes. You hire a good OC and QB coach. You mentor and groom the QB coach to be the OC when the OC leaves. In this case, Coley would have more experience at OC than Brady, but Brady brings innovative ideas he got from Sean Payton when he was with the Saints. I think we could pull Coley as QB coach if promised to be the OC in waiting. Maybe QB coach would be enough.
OC/Passing: Joe Brady
QB/Running: Frank Ponce
RB: Kev Smith
WR: Likens
OL: Mirabal
TE: Fields

Likens = a link to what Miami did well last year.
Ponce = a pretty decent zone run game
Brady is Brady

I think I would be very happy with that.

Advertisement
How's this thread still going when it's known this guy is staying in the NFL? lol. But y'all don't care. Just keep on commenting on the "what-ifs" right?

It's pretty obvious Brady wants nothing to do with college.

He's interviewing for a position coach role that would pay him 20% of what he could make as an OC here.
I think Mario would offer him $1.5 to 1.75 mill...Bears probably offer him $600k to 850k....
That is closer to 40 to 50%....but yeah...he was my dream OC the minute Caroline dropped him...however..looks like he just wants the NFL....😥

Advertisement
He's not a QB coach. He's a WR coach. If Brady comes to Miami as the OC, he coaches the WRs and we need a QB coach which I would prefer Coley. Most don't like Coley, but I thought he did a good job at UM for what he had to work with and he's always been a good QB coach and recruiter. It would set up nicely to replace Brady with Coley as OC with one exception. The playbook must stay the same as what Brady implemented. This way, the machine keeps turning nonstop.

When you have a good offense, I don't like wholesale changes. You hire a good OC and QB coach. You mentor and groom the QB coach to be the OC when the OC leaves. In this case, Coley would have more experience at OC than Brady, but Brady brings innovative ideas he got from Sean Payton when he was with the Saints. I think we could pull Coley as QB coach if promised to be the OC in waiting. Maybe QB coach would be enough.

Coley as QB coach and Brady as WR/OC would be fire 🔥

Deal in place to go to Cincinnati Bengals unless offered NFL OC position. The reason why it has not been made official is because Cincinnati is still in it.

Advertisement
Interesting out of Boston. BC just hired John McNulty as their OC, and Chud basically ran the process. Very unlikely that he leaves Boston. His kids are getting older and they play Hockey. Would have been a great fit here as a special asst to the HC like he is in Boston.

Advertisement
Deal in place to go to Cincinnati Bengals unless offered NFL OC position. The reason why it has not been made official is because Cincinnati is still in it.

The bengals are interviewing and reaching agreements for new coaches while still competing in the playoffs and reaching the super bowl? Who is leaving off the staff that Brady will replace? Brian Callahan? Think he’s only interviewed with Denver, who no longer needs a coach.

Advertisement
Back