Joe Brady

Advertisement
Must have really wanted to stay in the League then. Being an OC/WR coach for the Hurricanes is a quicker path to where he wants to go. He parlayed one year at LSU to an OC job. He wouldn't have gotten chump change here either. Mind boggled.

Brady benefitted from Joe Burreaux..I get it he was the coach but we all see what that boy ( and chase and Jefferson and Helaire etc) is doing in the league. As you know It all goes hand and hand. Lots of good offensive minds to choose from
Burrow is certainly talented but before Brady he was statistically average at best. He had been passed up OSU and his first season as a starter at LSU was similar to Malik Rosier. Could Burrow have just coincidentally gotten much better exactly the same time as he started playing under Brady? Possibly. I'd wager that his improvements were likely due to playing under Brady though.

Burrow in 2018: 57.8% 2894 16-5 133.2 rating
Burrow in 2019: 76.3% 5671 60-6 202.0 rating

Chase, Jefferson and Edwards-Helaire were all there in 2018 and 2019.
They even had the same offensive coordinator. The only major difference was Joe Brady was coordinating the passing game in 2019.

Does this make Brady a can't miss, homerun offensive coordinator hire? Not really but it does show that it wasn't just Burrow and the players at LSU that made Brady look good because none of them were particularly great before he got there.

Burrow is certainly talented but before Brady he was statistically average at best. He had been passed up OSU and his first season as a starter at LSU was similar to Malik Rosier. Could Burrow have just coincidentally gotten much better exactly the same time as he started playing under Brady? Possibly. I'd wager that his improvements were likely due to playing under Brady though.

They even had the same offensive coordinator. The only major difference was Joe Brady was coordinating the passing game in 2019.

Does this make Brady a can't miss, homerun offensive coordinator hire? Not really but it does show that it wasn't just Burrow and the players at LSU that made Brady look good because none of them were particularly great before he got there.
I think it's impossible to say until Brady continues to show he's an elite coach. It could have just been Burrow getting his **** together.

Not at all. Both benefited from each other no doubt

Advertisement
Did that Panthers O look anything near what his hype was? Nah. Good learning experience for him tho. 💯 they all benefited for sure. I just don’t get in fully with the belief Brady built Burrow. He had a crew on that LSU roster
The Panthers didn't benefit - and now that Brady has no chance of being a Canes coach, I'd just like to say "**** him".

Terrible OC.

Advertisement
Must have really wanted to stay in the League then. Being an OC/WR coach for the Hurricanes is a quicker path to where he wants to go. He parlayed one year at LSU to an OC job. He wouldn't have gotten chump change here either. Mind boggled

He gets to work with Josh Allen for a top NFL team with an explosive offense

Easy choice besides the cold

Last edited:
Must have really wanted to stay in the League then. Being an OC/WR coach for the Hurricanes is a quicker path to where he wants to go. He parlayed one year at LSU to an OC job. He wouldn't have gotten chump change here either. Mind boggled.
a guy in a space i was listening to said he had lunch with him and he said he doesn't want to coach in college because he hates recruiting.

Last edited:
But I was told that he can’t coach QBs and could only be a WR coach.
I mean you at least want someone who has a background as a QB. I’m actually surprised. I guess Dorsey is de facto OC/QB with Brady being there for his brain and the passing offense.

Advertisement
The Panthers didn't benefit - and now that Brady has no chance of being a Canes coach, I'd just like to say "**** him".

Terrible OC.
Agree 100%

people on here are obsessed with NFL position coaches.

dude lucked out and rode the Burrows/Chase/Jefferson train all the way to moron Matt Rhule giving him an OC job he didn't deserve.

Terrible play caller in Carolina, even accounting for the qb situation. Very glad he's not coming here

Advertisement
Back