Jobe Info

South Florida culture is the ******* worst. Hearing those phrases get parroted by a dude like Jobe is vomit inducing.

Advertisement
I don't want to lose jobe but nows the time for him to flip if it's going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just need to improve on last season, look good while doing it, beat the **** out of FSU and produce some first and second rounders and Miami will look like a good business decision. The dominant bowl win, aggressive D and success of the Freshmen was a start.

Advertisement
We have a brand that we are trying to rebuild. That is mainly done on the field of play, but it's also how we represent ourselves including the kids we have committed. We need everyone to be 100 percent on board or they aren't with us. If Jobe is with us 100% cool, if not the Cane train must keep right on rolling. No player is bigger than the program. Can't treat SF players as if they are the only kid in the nation at their position. As we win they will come back, and you won't hear the "Miami is Miami" talk.

"Business decision" is recruit speak for "whoever drops the heaviest bag will get my services for the next 3 seasons." As a group, these South Florida kids are the best in the country at what they do. The college coaches know it, the high school coaches know it, the hardcore boosters know it, the handlers know it, and these kids know it. "Business decision" is just the way they inform the people who know that they've got their hand out.

I know Jobe is s special talent, but if we end up with Blades, Ivey, and another quality kid at CB, I wouldn't be unhappy.

He gone unless we have an epic season. Front running South Florida kids, man....That mindset is sad.

Advertisement
Stopped reading after "business decision."

That is the new kiss of death. Eerily similar to the "dream school" line we used to read about.

Not following this kids recruitment closely until January of 2018.

Yep. Year after year, with certain schools, these up and coming blue chippers see those before them fanning hundreds, getting new cars....parents getting jobs, etc...saying "business decision" is pretty much par for the course...there is no fear of reprisal for anybody, including the shady coaches.

UM

Can any of you morons even read? Holy ****. All of the "business decision" talk was clearly about transferring high schools due to his age rendering him ineligible to participate his senior season. None of it was about his college choice whatsoever.

5 pages and only saw one or two dudes who don't struggle with reading comprehension. Talk about seeing what you want to see. Cynicism isn't wisdom.

i love my cane fans. all of ya. even you, brock.

but i miss that unrivaled confidence & swagger we used to have. cant demand it of our commits, players, & coaches if we dont have it ourselves.

****, i hope jobe flirts w bama just enough to get that 5 star status. will only help our rankings & improve our perception.

Lingard's coming too.

i pity the fool who goes anywhere else but this U.

you guys acting like u get bonus points for picking which kids wont sign w us. makes no sense. this stuff permeates throughout the program. good or bad energy. your choice

Advertisement
Can any of you morons even read? Holy ****. All of the "business decision" talk was clearly about transferring high schools due to his age rendering him ineligible to participate his senior season. None of it was about his college choice whatsoever.

5 pages and only saw one or two dudes who don't struggle with reading comprehension. Talk about seeing what you want to see. Cynicism isn't wisdom.

yup, every single quote of his was in reference to his senior year. it just reads weird because of the way the writer juxtaposed the sentence above "miami is miami..." to the rest of his quotes

yup, every single quote of his was in reference to his senior year. it just reads weird because of the way the writer juxtaposed the sentence above "miami is miami..." to the rest of his quotes

Yeah, I can see the confusion at first. However, he then repeats himself verbatim, at which point it's clear he's talking about a HS transfer. Not sure how that flew so far over everyone's heads. Follow the leader, I suppose.

Also, in context of the HS transfer talk, I believe he was just saying "Miami is Miami, it will always be my hometown" in reference to likely having to leave his hometown due to ineligibility.

Last edited:

Yeah, I can see the confusion at first. However, he then repeats himself verbatim, at which point it's clear he's talking about a HS transfer. Not sure how that flew so far over everyone's heads. Follow the leader, I suppose.

The point is he is another South Florida diva that wants to "announce" where he will transfer in HIGH SCHOOL and it will be a "business decision." What do think he will do for a college choice? Don't be naive man, I hope he stays locked in but the writing is already on the wall.

Advertisement
I don't know what I find more offensive, their references to religion or now their references to business decisions? I pledged my fraternity at 18 and graduated at 21. How a guy can be 20 in high school tells me a lot about their aptitude. I want this kid as a player but let's not deny somethings not right here.

i love my cane fans. all of ya. even you, brock.

but i miss that unrivaled confidence & swagger we used to have. cant demand it of our commits, players, & coaches if we dont have it ourselves.

****, i hope jobe flirts w bama just enough to get that 5 star status. will only help our rankings & improve our perception.

Lingard's coming too.

i pity the fool who goes anywhere else but this U.

you guys acting like u get bonus points for picking which kids wont sign w us. makes no sense. this stuff permeates throughout the program. good or bad energy. your choice

Lulz @ this superfan post. FOH bud.

"Business decision" is recruit speak for "whoever drops the heaviest bag will get my services for the next 3 seasons." As a group, these South Florida kids are the best in the country at what they do. The college coaches know it, the high school coaches know it, the hardcore boosters know it, the handlers know it, and these kids know it. "Business decision" is just the way they inform the people who know that they've got their hand out.

I can believe this

Advertisement
Back