Jeff Thomas

I thought it was at least a step in the right direction with Thomas. They gave him a quick pass out of the backfield and then the 3rd quarter throw to him for the 1st down....if Ahmmon has to sit for Tech, lets use our speed to bully them up and down the field

Advertisement
Looks like he was in for Berrios here:

[TWEET]17113250973659136[/TWEET]

Lol ^ still bagging on Rosier... ? according to you he wasn't good enough to start for a 1aa school and yet Homie just led us to victory at Doak without Walton

And Harley's dropped more balls than he's caught, that's on him

He didn't lead us to anything...news flash for those that choose to disregard roughly 80% of homeboys throws were horrible. (The only receiver he's definitely on the same page as is brax. Everyone else he throws the ball behind on a regular) that fsu team we just eeked by is easily the worst fsu team ive been alive to witness. If he completed any passes (only reciever who flat out wasn't napping and doing his part was cager)in the first three quarters we should've blown them out... dude was shell shocked & lost in the moment. I'm not blinded by a last second win against a horrible team just because said teams name is fswho. I'm like Dennis green on this one. They are what they are,you make em what you want. Can't simplify stuff more tthan we have.

I'm convinced...brooklyndee hates quarterbacks.

Nah. I just think it's crazy that some people see this as more than it is. Rosier is in our lower tier of qbs in our programs history. I'm fine with that because he's the best option we have right now. But don't take away reality and put things on everyone else including the coaching staff. Simply watch the games and unless people are delusional it just is what it is. It's a team sport. Good and bad everyone shares in it. Not just the play calling,not just the recievers,the running backs ,the oline... He takes his blame in this stuff too. That's all. We shouldn't habe been in a close game period. I understand there was alot of uncalled defensive holding,pass interferences,dropped balls etc. Clearly that doesn't help a qb get in a rhythm but that doesn't give the qb the excuse to constantly throw the ball behind the recievers or no where near them even worse...

Sounds like Brad Kaaya you're talking about.... Malik Rosier is one of the best qbs to ever play for UM. You talking about excuses... did he make any?? No bc he won the **** game wtf r u talking about hater??

Lol ^ still bagging on Rosier... ? according to you he wasn't good enough to start for a 1aa school and yet Homie just led us to victory at Doak without Walton

He didn't lead us to anything...news flash for those that choose to disregard roughly 80% of homeboys throws were horrible. (The only receiver he's definitely on the same page as is brax. Everyone else he throws the ball behind on a regular) that fsu team we just eeked by is easily the worst fsu team ive been alive to witness. If he completed any passes (only reciever who flat out wasn't napping and doing his part was cager)in the first three quarters we should've blown them out... dude was shell shocked & lost in the moment. I'm not blinded by a last second win against a horrible team just because said teams name is fswho. I'm like Dennis green on this one. They are what they are,you make em what you want. Can't simplify stuff more tthan we have.

baaaaaahahaha!

The kid goes to Doak and throws for 3 TDs in the second half vs one of the best D's in the nation. Orchestrates a last second comeback while not having A.R, or Walton.... and you still **** on him???

You may have a legit connect like none of us do to the program, but your assessment of whats going on on the field is suspect as ****..

I thought it was at least a step in the right direction with Thomas. They gave him a quick pass out of the backfield and then the 3rd quarter throw to him for the 1st down....if Ahmmon has to sit for Tech, lets use our speed to bully them up and down the field

Did all he could with what he was given on Saturday.

Remember that Rosier rarely goes past his first read. If Richards is out and Cager gets the boot as he deserves he'll be our #2 after Berrios.

Advertisement

baaaaaahahaha!

The kid goes to Doak and throws for 3 TDs in the second half vs one of the best D's in the nation. Orchestrates a last second comeback while not having A.R, or Walton.... and you still **** on him???

You may have a legit connect like none of us do to the program, but your assessment of whats going on on the field is suspect as ****..

In fairness to Dee, I don't think he's bashing Rosier's accomplishments. He EARNED the starting job & beat FSU. I'm perfectly fine with him back there as long as he keeps it going.
But he has some issues as a passer & QB in general. U can tell he played baseball. I see it in his footwork & his throwing motion. I've seen it over & over at the high school level, because a lot of high school players (where I'm at) also play baseball. He also isn't used to watching film or reading defenses. But he's progressing.
Again, I have no problem with him starting at QB & I'd neg any post I read that bashes him just to bash him. But we shouldn't completely ignore his flaws just because he beat FSU.

baaaaaahahaha!

In fairness to Dee, I don't think he's bashing Rosier's accomplishments. He EARNED the starting job & beat FSU. I'm perfectly fine with him back there as long as he keeps it going.
But he has some issues as a passer & QB in general. U can tell he played baseball. I see it in his footwork & his throwing motion. I've seen it over & over at the high school level, because a lot of high school players (where I'm at) also play baseball. He also isn't used to watching film or reading defenses. But he's progressing.
Again, I have no problem with him starting at QB & I'd neg any post I read that bashes him just to bash him. But we shouldn't completely ignore his flaws just because he beat FSU.

baaaaaahahaha!

More trash. Dude leads two game-winning drives in the biggest rivalry game in football, and these guys are still with the "yeah, but his throwing motion isn't pretty and he didn't complete all his passes." Pretty obvious what's still going on with some of these gurus.

baaaaaahahaha!

touche sir..

Advertisement

baaaaaahahaha!

More trash. Dude leads two game-winning drives in the biggest rivalry game in football, and these guys are still with the "yeah, but his throwing motion isn't pretty and he didn't complete all his passes." Pretty obvious what's still going on with some of these gurus.

Every throw he made was contested too. Only WR getting any separation was Berrios, and Ahmonn still wasn't himself. Cager was playing like he had money on the Noles. Couple that with not having the threat of a running game... Rosier literally put us on his back, and to say otherwise shows that youre either an idiot or have an agenda.

baaaaaahahaha!

I have respect for Dee. Having said that, I'm not dismissing FSU whatsoever. FSU's weakness this year is their offense given that they're running game was overhyped (they did good against us on the ground), are starting a TF QB, and their O-line is flat out bad this year.

FSU still has a defense that's littered with 4/5 star players, and just about every guy on their d-line in the 2 deep will be playing on Sundays.

Rosier, for as crap as he was in the 1st half, came out guns blazing and destroyed the souls of every Tally native. This is without our start RB and freshman AA receiver in Richards.

baaaaaahahaha!

Every throw he made was contested too. Only WR getting any separation was Berrios, and Ahmonn still wasn't himself. Cager was playing like he had money on the Noles. Couple that with not having the threat of a running game... Rosier literally put us on his back, and to say otherwise shows that youre either an idiot or have an agenda.

Sad to see Rosier beat FSU twice and still have UM fans with an agenda slick talking him down.

That's a little heavy. Other than a true sophomore Patrick Robinson and Junior Andre Fluellen, their 2007 team had almost nothing.

If Francois is the starter, that is a top 5 team. Their defense is excellent. With Francois at QB, he is very capable. Akers is dynamic and their WRs although not elite, they're decent. Their OL is inconsistent. Then again, they've had maligned OL often enough in the last 10 years. To call them least talented teams in a long time strains credulity.

It's not about if this person could do this & if this person was playing... Fact is francois isn't playing Blackmon was & the only reason buddy even looked decent is cause Knowles is completely lost on the field. Far as Akers go I agree he has tons of potential so does Tate. But this ain't about potential. This is the first time Akers has had a good game first time their oline showed up. Etc. I'm not gonna keep going back and forth on this. We all have opinions & for me all that team actually is,simply smoke & mirrors. Dont care about there potential or who's hurt. Its football. Period. We never had the excuse of our past two coaching staffs. We simply had 7 straight losses. Like dumbo said,no this isn't our most talented team he's seen. He's just been lucky enough to play us with a crutch. Now we finally got the same with them.

Advertisement
baaaaaahahaha!

Sad to see Rosier beat FSU twice and still have UM fans with an agenda slick talking him down.

and i'm even overstating Berrios getting separation too. The balls he caught were perfectly thrown and would have been incomplete or intercepted if they weren't

baaaaaahahaha!

I have respect for Dee. Having said that, I'm not dismissing FSU whatsoever. FSU's weakness this year is their offense given that they're running game was overhyped (they did good against us on the ground), are starting a TF QB, and their O-line is flat out bad this year.

FSU still has a defense that's littered with 4/5 star players, and just about every guy on their d-line in the 2 deep will be playing on Sundays.

Rosier, for as crap as he was in the 1st half, came out guns blazing and destroyed the souls of every Tally native. This is without our start RB and freshman AA receiver in Richards.

Now we're supposed to believe that FSU went from a consensus top5 CFB preseason team to one of the worst FSU teams ever just because they lost a mediocre QB. Those guys are loaded up and down with talent from top5 classes every year for the last 7 years. They gave max effort against us too.

So we just beat FSU for the first time since 2009 and we're arguing. Great job.

[MENTION=12910]Brooklyndee[/MENTION] , what exactly is your goal in all this? What are you trying to accomplish by incessantly arguing about Rosier's ability?

Does it really matter if fans are excited about his incredible 2nd half? Does that bother you that much? It just doesn't make any sense man. Would it make you happy if every fan on this board apologized to you for being happy about winning @ FSU and didn't bother watching the rest of the year because Rosier isn't Tom ******* Brady?

No one has said he was perfect. ****, there are tons of threads on his shortcomings as a passer. The fact is he dropped his balls across the face of every FSU fan in the country and you choose to argue with other Canes fans about exact placement of some of his passes. GTFO. What your end goal is I'll never understand...

He's 5-0 as a starter against all odds, he's a good dude, a great teammate, and showed some **** on-field leadership from the quarterback position for the first time in forever.

Dude, just shut the fvck up and pick your battles.

You people crack me the **** up. Context clearly ain't anyone on here's strength. I'm certainly not arguing period. Let alone mad about anything with fsu. I'm tired of you all incessantly complaining about richt and play calling... DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT? that was my only point and everyone has turned it into all of this. As a coach you call the game your players are capable of executing. Past that if you watched the game the shortcomings simply are what they are. If you call that an excellent half or an excellent game than we simply have very different standards. He definitely made some good throws and he definitely made plenty of bad ones. Is what it is. Sorry y'all can't acknowledge that. I'm not in denial and I don't care how anyone else sees it. Qb is a weakness on our squad right now. Period.

Advertisement
LMAO @ anyone downplaying what Rosier did Saturday. Dude literally won the game for Miami.

Some of you sheep will believe anything Dee says because his nephew is committed here.

Sad

Dee's ego showing. He dogged Rosier ultra hard before the season and guaranteed an 8 win season if Rosier started. Instead of tipping his hat to Rosier, he's decided to double down because of ego.

Hise you need to feel free to go read up on that again cause you're putting words in my mouth... never once did I say anything about well only win 8 games with rosier or any other qb. Cause I've bet from rip in Vegas based on this schedule well win 10 all day. I definitely compared him in spring to Freeman. To his credit he has definitely stepped up from where he was in spring,sheriffs did as well and I acknowledged that progress before tghe season even started. Hes developed a different level of confidence to his game & thats pivotal. But his actual talent has a long way to go so he & the squad can catch up. I simply said hess an average qb at best and i still say that. Our defense is our strength and thatll have to pull us through this season. Its not an issue and it shouldn't be for anyone that's paid attention. Regardless of who's our qb I'm gonna support him come gametime but that doesn't make me some blind homer. People critiqued kaaya forever,Kyle Wright forever,covington,Clement,Ryan collins,Frank Costa I could go on and on. All of them won us games but got far more unfairly critiqued yet I can't state my opinion of rosier game witthout being chastised? Thats absurd. I'm sorry. We all have opinions and me I don't hesitate to share mine. It's on y'all who agrees or not. Hooray he made a fee nice throws and for everyone else that discounts almost 30 throws in that game that could be critiqued.

Dee's ego showing. He dogged Rosier ultra hard before the season and guaranteed an 8 win season if Rosier started. Instead of tipping his hat to Rosier, he's decided to double down because of ego.

BrooklynDunce has shown repeatedly that he has no idea what he is talking about. Guy is on DBC's level mentally and people take his commentary seriously.

Rosier is 5-0 as a starter, and beat FSU on the road with not one, but two, game winning drives. The latter drive without several key members of his supporting cast. He may not be the prettiest pocket passer in the game but he can drop dimes and is a proven winner. The TDs to Berrios and the game winner to Langham were thrown right where they needed to be.

Advertisement
Back