Jeff Thomas vs Chris Henderson

Advertisement
What’s bad for Henderson is his speed can’t help for elite route running. It can only help after JT has twisted him up and he needs to recover.

No cb in America has a chance in man coverage against that dude. They better plan safety deep if not JT will eat like a fat girl at sizzler

and early in that game I don't see the gators shading a safety to any side. Because they may be over confident in there corners.

Or Mallory.

I have this vision of a two-tight end set in a short yardage situation - Jordan on one end tucked in tight, Mallory on the other end tucked in tight - with our fullback and running back in the backfield - and it's a pass.

Balls out - pass! Just makes me willy tingle.

we need a package that has mallory, jordan, cam, and deejay lining up in a power formation with thomas isolated on the boundary, then have them all shift to a spread with the tight ends wide and thomas moved into the slot. force the timeout or let their run-stopping personnel get torched.

Same here. They come out in that aggressive bump and run man coverage. It will be a long day. Even if the receivers aren't getting open you single up Mallory and Brevin?!?! Kiss the baby

Advertisement
Jeff beat Hendo in the fastest man contest by close to two steps...he's definitely capable of beating him deep.....the problem with Jt4 has been poor conditioning imo....his top end suffered a bit on deep routes....still talented enough to beat anybody on a route... just didn't finish strong enough to get clean separation ...if Jeff wants to take the next step he has to get stronger at the end of his routes....Hendo has all the tools you want in a db to cover Jeff...still doesn't mean he won't get toasted a few times...that's how talented he is.....these type battles come down to QB play...

Henderson is the best CB in college but he’s also a major *****. I would be telling our guys to smash him every chance they got by finishing plays. He doesn’t like to tackle and is super soft

we need a package that has mallory, jordan, cam, and deejay lining up in a power formation with thomas isolated on the boundary, then have them all shift to a spread with the tight ends wide and thomas moved into the slot. force the timeout or let their run-stopping personnel get torched.

I wanted to see this so bad last year.

With that personnel, you can run 12, 11, or 10 and raise all types of heel for the defense, run or pass.

Spread em wide and get better run lanes and tight ends with favorable blocking match ups. A big guy is put in space or a little guy is overpowered. The same concept applies to passing as well.

We did not use the unique skills of our players well at all last year.

Last edited:
Jeff beat Hendo in the fastest man contest by close to two steps...he's definitely capable of beating him deep.....the problem with Jt4 has been poor conditioning imo....his top end suffered a bit on deep routes....still talented enough to beat anybody on a route... just didn't finish strong enough to get clean separation ...if Jeff wants to take the next step he has to get stronger at the end of his routes....Hendo has all the tools you want in a db to cover Jeff...still doesn't mean he won't get toasted a few times...that's how talented he is.....these type battles come down to QB play...
Jt4 top end speed has nothing to do with conditioning, it is due to his poor running form. Dude gets to gear 1 and 2 so fast, but due to his poor form he has no 3rd gear and he just does not pull away from defenders after about 40 yards. It is the same reason Harley said that Jt4 could beat him in the first 40-60 meters, but if it is a 100 meter race he will win.

Advertisement

Let’s hope Feeley’s Summer workouts where he’s been gradually increasing the 110’s they’ve had to run daily or the sandpit work shall pay off come 8/24. If we’re the better conditioned team, in that August heat, then by the 4th quarter - that’s when I’d be going over the top more to JT4 and Osborne. That, plus seam routes to Jordan and Mallory will just suck the last bit of gas out of the hated Gayturd, and truly open up the game in our favor.

Jt4 top end speed has nothing to do with conditioning, it is due to his poor running form. Dude gets to gear 1 and 2 so fast, but due to his poor form he has no 3rd gear and he just does not pull away from defenders after about 40 yards. It is the same reason Harley said that Jt4 could beat him in the first 40-60 meters, but if it is a 100 meter race he will win.
I disagree, look at his form the first 20-30 yards it's perfect ..after that he loses form due to poor conditioning...it's called fatigue ....if Jeff works on his leg strength he will likely get more speration after the catch....

I disagree, look at his form the first 20-30 yards it's perfect ..after that he loses form due to poor conditioning...it's called fatigue ....if Jeff works on his leg strength he will likely get more speration after the catch....
His form is perfect for the first 20-30 yards, but after that u are suppose to open up your strides, which he does not do, and if he does open up he doesn't do it correctly at all.

His form is perfect for the first 20-30 yards, but after that u are suppose to open up your strides, which he does not do, and if he does open up he doesn't do it correctly at all.
Thomas not running track in highschool shows for sure in the long distance running

Advertisement
Thomas not running track in highschool shows for sure in the long distance running
Prolly didn't do much squatting or leg work either.. in the past Jeff didn't seem to take practice seriously enough for me to believe otherwise....you could see his body language after making a play....that's why I still believe he can improve....

I don't recall Harley getting any separation in a game to back that up...never seen him track down one deep pass....he slows down more than Jeff...lol.

Advertisement
I don't recall Harley getting any separation in a game to back that up...never seen him track down one deep pass....he slows down more than Jeff...lol.
That's not entirely true. Harley got good separation on quite a few plays going back and watching it. He doesn't win deep often at all because he has no deception in his route running. He never changes pace and it's very easy to cover that even if he is faster than the CBs. He needs to learn he doesn't have to go full throttle at all times and that's something JT4 does really well

CJ will most likely be on the boundary I think they wont have him follow JT4, doesnt matter either way. The only way u can guard JT is bad qb play or OL play kids always open.

Advertisement
Back