Jeff Thomas vs Chris Henderson

People are grossly underestimating just how good Henderson is.

He was only targeted 36 teams all season. He only allowed 18 catches, and not a single touchdown. QBs had a 44 passer rating the few times they decided to try him.

So two things to note: yes Jeff Thomas is good, but Henderson is a stud. Also, like it has been discussed, this matchup is really dependent on our OL and Perry. It’s not like they’re going at it in 7v7 in shorts with no pass rush.
Finally a voice of reason

Advertisement
You're literally contradicting yourself. 'Let his skill set translate to on field production before you anoint him' and then say you take DJ Ivey over him who has played almost no meaningful snaps. Henderson's on field production is good too so I don't know what to say their your clearly a homer idk how you can say your not after your statements. You know CB play so please explain to me 1st how Henderson isn't that good and then second how DJ is going to be better than him based off what they've shown
Bruh your reading comprehension seriously lacks. I said if you wanna line them each up right now and project the future id take dj. That means what they've shown now and who's the better prospect in terms of nfl & college future. Not sure how that's a contradiction. You wanna say it's hes elite speed,hips & length not what his supposed highlights show. U should become a scout for the dolphins. You apparently see these elite traits before most. Also I'm not at all saying dj IS going to be better. Im saying I like the future as a finished product for dj more than I do for henderson. YOU said chris henderson RIGHT NOW is a top pick in next years draft and ONE OF THE BEST CB IN ALL OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL. You and anyone else that says that then say you're basing that off of how he projects not anything hes actually done... so please explain how the parameters differ between him and DJ? The only place henderson differs is he definitely has elite speed. Guess you feel that makes him an elite cb too. Anyways I've wasted enough of my time on this. Good luck with your gayturds this year. Would I still be a homer if I mentioned atleast 20 other cb right now who arent on Miami that I'd take as of this second? If u see the game in black and white that ur choice. You made an asinine statement about an unproven kid than got called out on it. Guess that makes me a homer to say hes not that good. Hes basically artie burns but hes afraid to tackle. Guess what. I dont feel artie is one of the best corners either... bye now

Right?

Henderson ain't anything special. He's had the luxury of playing in a division with now real top flight receivers. Let me know when he shuts down an elite WR.
& just as importantly if not more, hes played against below average qb play as well. Bookie had a better freshman season than him and his own fanbase is already turning on him. To be clear this doesnt take much thought.

93202c933d86a671c522061b065e14dac7dad760624b87c72b02a554a7179af4.jpg

& just as importantly if not more, hes played against below average qb play as well. Bookie had a better freshman season than him and his own fanbase is already turning on him. To be clear this doesnt take much thought.
Man bookie was terrible as a freshman and ended up getting benched. Henderson definitely had a better freshman season than radley hiles from OU imo

Advertisement
People are grossly underestimating just how good Henderson is.

He was only targeted 36 times all season. He only allowed 18 catches, and not a single touchdown. QBs had a 44 passer rating the few times they decided to try him.

So two things to note: yes Jeff Thomas is good, but Henderson is a stud. Also, like it has been discussed, this matchup is really dependent on our OL and Perry. It’s not like they’re going at it in 7v7 in shorts with no pass rush.
So like buddy says let's not be Homer's. Feel free to look at their schedule. Just curious where you would like to point out any above average wr units and or any above average qb play? I'll say for you that good qb play was Missouri & michigan(dont know if it was good in that game or not but overall yes)If youd like I'll even say miss st has above average qb play even though from a passing perspective hes pretty basic. Now feel free to look at anyone else on their schedule and make an intelligent arguement for his stats. If you still have that mindset okie doke. No problem,wish u the best.

Man bookie was terrible as a freshman and ended up getting benched. Henderson definitely had a better freshman season than radley hiles from OU imo
He certainly did get benched. Now go look at each of their highlights. He got benched because of two concussions by the way. Not his play. As little as bookie is in that pass heavy conference he atleast goes after everyone and is as aggressive as any corner could be.

He certainly did get benched. Now go look at each of their highlights. He got benched because of two concussions by the way. Not his play. As little as bookie is in that pass heavy conference he atleast goes after everyone and is as aggressive as any corner could be.
As you stated hid did play against more pass happy offenses so he was tested more than Henderson was

Bruh your reading comprehension seriously lacks. I said if you wanna line them each up right now and project the future id take dj. That means what they've shown now and who's the better prospect in terms of nfl & college future. Not sure how that's a contradiction. You wanna say it's hes elite speed,hips & length not what his supposed highlights show. U should become a scout for the dolphins. You apparently see these elite traits before most. Also I'm not at all saying dj IS going to be better. Im saying I like the future as a finished product for dj more than I do for henderson. YOU said chris henderson RIGHT NOW is a top pick in next years draft and ONE OF THE BEST CB IN ALL OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL. You and anyone else that says that then say you're basing that off of how he projects not anything hes actually done... so please explain how the parameters differ between him and DJ? The only place henderson differs is he definitely has elite speed. Guess you feel that makes him an elite cb too. Anyways I've wasted enough of my time on this. Good luck with your gayturds this year. Would I still be a homer if I mentioned atleast 20 other cb right now who arent on Miami that I'd take as of this second? If u see the game in black and white that ur choice. You made an asinine statement about an unproven kid than got called out on it. Guess that makes me a homer to say hes not that good. Hes basically artie burns but hes afraid to tackle. Guess what. I dont feel artie is one of the best corners either... bye now
Lol okay. Not sure how you end up on these conclusions but cool. There's literally nothing to go off but highschool for Ivey so far (I do think he'll end up being good), your calling Henderson unproven (started freshman and sophomore years and was very good to dominant by every number and eye test possible) and still haven't given any reasons for Henderson not being good but I guess I should take your word for it seeing as though you watched a full 3 minutes of highlights of him

Advertisement
So like buddy says let's not be Homer's. Feel free to look at their schedule. Just curious where you would like to point out any above average wr units and or any above average qb play? I'll say for you that good qb play was Missouri & michigan(dont know if it was good in that game or not but overall yes)If youd like I'll even say miss st has above average qb play even though from a passing perspective hes pretty basic. Now feel free to look at anyone else on their schedule and make an intelligent arguement for his stats. If you still have that mindset okie doke. No problem,wish u the best.
Sorry to keep replying to you but you keep saying crazy things. Mississippi states QB is bad. Michigan has one of the better WR cores in the country, Georgia's wide receiver core was one of the better ones last year (not to mention Jake fromm being an above average passer), LSUs WRs are pretty **** good, and lastly South Carolina has a very solid/above average receiver core. I really hate that I have to defend Florida/Henderson because you can't see through your bias

Christ only on this forum do we have canes "fans" vehemently singing the praises of a rival CB. Go back to 24/7...after JT4 eats on 8/24 you goons will be nowhere to be found.

Advertisement
Sorry to keep replying to you but you keep saying crazy things. Mississippi states QB is bad. Michigan has one of the better WR cores in the country, Georgia's wide receiver core was one of the better ones last year (not to mention Jake fromm being an above average passer), LSUs WRs are pretty **** good, and lastly South Carolina has a very solid/above average receiver core. I really hate that I have to defend Florida/Henderson because you can't see through your bias
I'll say for you that good qb play was Missouri & michigan(dont know if it was good in that game or not but overall yes)If youd like I'll even say miss st has above average qb play even though from a passing perspective hes pretty basic. Is a good wr room relevant if you have BAD qb play? Again reading comprehension is vital. Just because multiple topics are addressed doesnt mean each is highlighted. Especially once the person states precisely what they are speaking on. By the way I've seen a lil more of DJ than most. Now can we be done with this?

I mean Naw lol, I wasnt That high on bookie from the get go so I wasnt That surprised.
You seem to forget the reason he never got an offer here... no arguement out of me but if I gotta have him or buddy I'll take bookie

I'll say for you that good qb play was Missouri & michigan(dont know if it was good in that game or not but overall yes)If youd like I'll even say miss st has above average qb play even though from a passing perspective hes pretty basic. Is a good wr room relevant if you have BAD qb play? Again reading comprehension is vital. Just because multiple topics are addressed doesnt mean each is highlighted. Especially once the person states precisely what they are speaking on. By the way I've seen a lil more of DJ than most. Now can we be done with this?
Just curious where you would like to point out any above average ----->wr units<---- and or any above average qb play? - You
Yes very happy to be done with this

Advertisement
I wish we took Bookie when he wanted in. It seems like we've struggled gathering DB depth for whatever reason.

Christ only on this forum do we have canes "fans" vehemently singing the praises of a rival CB. Go back to 24/7...after JT4 eats on 8/24 you goons will be nowhere to be found.
Sorry for being unbiased my apologies. Let me guess your prediction is 55-0 Canes and the gators are trash in every area

Sorry for being unbiased my apologies. Let me guess your prediction is 55-0 Canes and the gators are trash in every area
You have 25-30 posts on this thread alone white knighting for a rival CB on a Canes football forum. We get it, you think hes incredible. Gtfo

Advertisement
Back