Jeff Thomas vs Chris Henderson

Advertisement
Problem for Henderson is that it’s just not JT but the 2 great TE’s our pretty good WR’s not to mention the backs on screens....

Don’t think Henderson will be on JT one on one every play but if they use him for that then we should have a field day everywhere else on the field and that’s assuming CH can even play JT straight up which is debatable imho...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Henderson probably has the best shot to cover Jeff Thomas out of UFs DBs simply because at least he's fast. But JT gunna get open on everyone all season regardless. ... But Im not worried about our skill guys against their defense or any defense in cfb. The only thing that concerns me in the slightest is our Oline and Qb play.

If Miami doesn't have the right slinger to get the ball into tight windows, it won't matter who the DBs are.

Thats step 1.

Step 2 is the WRs actually catching passes...something not consistently achieved when needed last season.

For those who have seen practices/scrimmages live, have the dropsies been addressed?

Advertisement
If Miami doesn't have the right slinger to get the ball into tight windows, it won't matter who the DBs are.

Thats step 1.

Step 2 is the WRs actually catching passes...something not consistently achieved when needed last season.

For those who have seen practices/scrimmages live, have the dropsies been addressed?
Culprit#1 in dropping passes is gone in Lawrence cager.

Culprit #2 is Dee Wiggins but I think He plays a limited role this year

Culprit #3 mike Harley is a question mark. I don’t think he wins the slot battle over mark pope tbqh

Dugans is gone and they are placing more emphasis on catching the ball as they are constantly working on it and even doing 150-200 footballs on the jug machines

Advertisement
UF hatred aside, Hendo is a **** of a player but he won't be able to shut down a caliber of player that JT4 is, both will win some battles. All I know is I can't imagine anybody on that UF defense stopping jordan/mallory, if I'm Enos that's the matchup I try to exploit immediately. We should be running 2 TE sets at least half the time similar to what we did in 2nd half of the bowl game vs WVU where we had njoku split wide with herndon close to LOS for blocking purposes. Gonna be a movie on 8/24, specifically a horror movie for the Turds.

It’s going to be even worse if they put Marco Wilson on Thomas game 1. Either way Thomas going to eat
Hope so. UFs corners are good. I wouldn’t be tryna take advantage of the corner/wr matchup..we need to scheme ways to get JT4 in a one v one against their safeties. That’s where UFS secondary is weak..just like we use to kill Number 1 who played safety for FSU with coley back to back years..I want to see JT4 in the slot, and motioned into bunch sets to get that safety match up

Advertisement
Back