Jeff Thomas vs Chris Henderson

Hope so. UFs corners are good. I wouldn’t be tryna take advantage of the corner/wr matchup..we need to scheme ways to get JT4 in a one v one against their safeties. That’s where UFS secondary is weak..just like we use to kill Number 1 who played safety for FSU with coley back to back years..I want to see JT4 in the slot, and motioned into bunch sets to get that safety match up
I would, Marco is coming off a knee injury and while Henderson is good he can be beat especially against a talent like Jeff Thomas who anyone would have a hard time covering. As you said their safeties are weak so we should take advantage of that for sure. Miami has too many weapons for anyone to feel good in trying to defend

Advertisement
I would, Marco is coming off a knee injury and while Henderson is good he can be beat especially against a talent like Jeff Thomas who anyone would have a hard time covering. As you said their safeties are weak so we should take advantage of that for sure ,
Yea a talent like JT4 can win a Matchup vs anyone. Both those corners on UF NFL bound

Henderson probably has the best shot to cover Jeff Thomas out of UFs DBs simply because at least he's fast. But JT gunna get open on everyone all season regardless. ... But Im not worried about our skill guys against their defense or any defense in cfb. The only thing that concerns me in the slightest is our Oline and Qb play.
I'm more worried about the O-line than anything. I think QB will be fine.

Lol at best cornerback in the country

He’s #1 on several VERY early boards that I’ve seen. He’s absolutely in the discussion at this point for CB1 in the 2020 draft.

That being said, **** him, **** anyone who knows him, **** his family, **** his pets, **** anyone he’s ever been friendly with and did I mention **** him? Cause **** him.

Miami's receivers and tight ends are good enough that any defense should be seriously concerned if we have a good QB and a decent O line.

I like our chances. The QB's are not as bad as some might think they are. The O line I'm cautiously optimistic about.

Advertisement
Culprit#1 in dropping passes is gone in Lawrence cager.

Culprit #2 is Dee Wiggins but I think He plays a limited role this year

Culprit #3 mike Harley is a question mark. I don’t think he wins the slot battle over mark pope tbqh

Dugans is gone and they are placing more emphasis on catching the ball as they are constantly working on it and even doing 150-200 footballs on the jug machines

Agree. I would DJ out of backfield as well. He had several critical pitch and catch flubs as well.

How does Osborn's ability to hold on look?

Now, about that signal caller getting the passes on time and on target....

Agree. I would DJ out of backfield as well. He had several critical pitch and catch flubs as well.

How does Osborn's ability to hold on look?

Now, about that signal caller getting the passes on time and on target....
Osborn is an upgrade in every facet of the game of football over cager outside of his vertical. Osborn is a very sure handed receiver

LSU DB's couldn't stop Jeff Thomas with 2 All-Americans and Malik at QB. CJ has no chance. Their only hope is to get to the QB before he gets a chance to throw it.

JT did have to pull off several circus catches with Rosier throwing. If they had been in stride, several series could have been extended.

If only, if only, if only...story of Miami since 2001.

Advertisement
Who do you see as WR1-XX on the field for Miami's first series?

We’re going to see a variety of formations so the first play or first series may not dictate a ton, but IMO in 11 the WRs will be Osborn, Thomas, and Hightower and in 21/12 it’ll be Osborn and Thomas.

There’s so much versatile skill talent though on this team, if I were Enos I’d have a hard-on 24/7. You can do everything from heavy with 3 TEs to empty, but you can go empty from what would look like 11 personnel in the huddle and play Deejay and Brevin/Mallory in a slot position. You can have 12 personnel on the field and put Jordan in the slot and it’s really 11. My head spins thinking about what this guy can do with these kids. Just give me a decent OL and a competent QB. All I ask. I don’t need Kyler Murray, and I don’t need the ‘93 Cowboys OL. Just decent to good at both spots and this will absolutely be a Top 30 offense.

We’re going to see a variety of formations so the first play or first series may not dictate a ton, but IMO in 11 the WRs will be Osborn, Thomas, and Hightower and in 21/12 it’ll be Osborn and Thomas.

There’s so much versatile skill talent though on this team, if I were Enos I’d have a hard-on 24/7. You can do everything from heavy with 3 TEs to empty, but you can go empty from what would look like 11 personnel in the huddle and play Deejay and Brevin/Mallory in a slot position. You can have 12 personnel on the field and put Jordan in the slot and it’s really 11. My head spins thinking about what this guy can do with these kids. Just give me a decent OL and a competent QB. All I ask. I don’t need Kyler Murray, and I don’t need the ‘93 Cowboys OL. Just decent to good at both spots and this will absolutely be a Top 30 offense.

If it lasts longer than 4 hours, you should seek immediate medical attention.

Henderson probably has the best shot to cover Jeff Thomas out of UFs DBs simply because at least he's fast. But JT gunna get open on everyone all season regardless. ... But Im not worried about our skill guys against their defense or any defense in cfb. The only thing that concerns me in the slightest is our Oline and Qb play.

What’s bad for Henderson is his speed can’t help for elite route running. It can only help after JT has twisted him up and he needs to recover.

No cb in America has a chance in man coverage against that dude. They better plan safety deep if not JT will eat like a fat girl at sizzler

Osborn is an upgrade in every facet of the game of football over cager outside of his vertical. Osborn is a very sure handed receiver
And even then, Cager never even used his vertical to his advantage with all those body catches. The only time I remember him out jumping someone was the ND game on that 4th down play. I mean the dude needed 2 chances to beat a 5'9 corner on a fade route 🤦🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
LSU DB's couldn't stop Jeff Thomas with 2 All-Americans and Malik at QB. CJ has no chance. Their only hope is to get to the QB before he gets a chance to throw it.

LoL, was greedy even out their, you could tell them Lsu db's were shook in the beginning, the fear was real when we started off with Ahmon and jt4, had them boys nervous. I will say this, that secondary was put together when coach shannon was their, so they definitely have a legit secondary, what we are going to find out is if we have a legit passing game, but if we start running our offense outta of the power I, that's when you know its about to be on!

And even then, Cager never even used his vertical to his advantage with all those body catches. The only time I remember him out jumping someone was the ND game on that 4th down play. I mean the dude needed 2 chances to beat a 5'9 corner on a fade route 🤦🏾‍♂️

The great news is, we replaced cager with k.j. osborn, no knock on cager, but this man osborn has come in and earned more respect in a few months than cager had his whole time here. Work ethic counts and if jt4's work ethic is catching up to his talent, its going to start looking real easy for em out their!

Advertisement
Culprit#1 in dropping passes is gone in Lawrence cager.

Culprit #2 is Dee Wiggins but I think He plays a limited role this year

Culprit #3 mike Harley is a question mark. I don’t think he wins the slot battle over mark pope tbqh

Dugans is gone and they are placing more emphasis on catching the ball as they are constantly working on it and even doing 150-200 footballs on the jug machines

Culprit #4 JT is back and he was 2nd for WR's with drops.

LoL, was greedy even out their, you could tell them Lsu db's were shook in the beginning, the fear was real when we started off with Ahmon and jt4, had them boys nervous. I will say this, that secondary was put together when coach shannon was their, so they definitely have a legit secondary, what we are going to find out is if we have a legit passing game, but if we start running our offense outta of the power I, that's when you know its about to be on!
I mean, I guess. I'm just not that high on their secondary as a whole. They have one legit player, ok cool. But we have so many weapons man, 8/24 gon be lit IF we get improved QB play.

Advertisement
Back