Jeff Thomas vs Chris Henderson

Advertisement
What type of Gator loving beta are you? Go enjoy watching the Gators somewhere else.

Henderson is a trashbucket traitor. I hope he sprains both ankles walking to take a **** in the dark at night.

Pay no mind to these trolls. They're gator fans taking on vague handles and pretending to be cane fans. If they are indeed local miami people rooting for the gators or players on the gators, they are the lowest of the low - turncoats.

I'll be the first to say **** the Gators, but I would be a **** fool to say their secondary is trash. I look forward to the JT vs. Henderson match up. **** Henderson yes, but he's a top 5 CB. Come draft time he may just be the first corner off the board.
He might be a top CB, but he's gonna be a bottom b*tch on 8/24

I'll be the first to say **** the Gators, but I would be a **** fool to say their secondary is trash. I look forward to the JT vs. Henderson match up. **** Henderson yes, but he's a top 5 CB. Come draft time he may just be the first corner off the board.
Henderson is good, but some people acting like the gator secondary has 5 Hendersons in the backfield. He is one player and when it comes to his 1v1 matchup against any of our WR may the best man win, that being said Henderson can play good all he wants it does not mean UM will lose the game. Overall both secondaries are on par on paper, it is gonna come down to who has the better coaching and I will take Rumph coaching vs the gaytors.

IDC how good a cb is.... I have seen Pope Thomas Harley all those guys absolutely burn the best cbs in the country. They will get theirs.

Advertisement
Got a few Pick-6 and everyone is now **** riding him
Crazy **** to that is he got gassed on each of those plays and the qb bailed him out with horrible throws. Obviously the end result matters but let's not act like he was locking down the wrs or nothing even close. He was far FAR out of position and lined up horribly. His technique is basura. He has physical skills obviously but they far outweigh his ability AS OF NOW

Smh. We do this to ourselves everytime and end up disappointed. CJ is no doubt likely going to be a top 15 pick at CB next season. He extremely fast and amazing in coverage. Miami needs to focus on protecting the Q from Zuniga and co and utilizing our TEs where we got the true mismatch. Key like always will be the run game, if we canā€™t get a push and win that battle, we going to be disappointed 8/24 night. Go canes.
The run game is essential but to think that man is a top 15 pick next year based entirely off of last season is insane.

Is this aimed at me?? šŸ˜‚
Does the glove fit? I dont know if its aimed at you or not. I only read the first couple comments and was done with it. Nothing personal at all. Me I just dont wanna hear all this gayturd love especially if it's not based on logic. Me im gonna take my lil brothers EVERYTIME. & to me Henderson is nothing special at cb. But hey that is just me.

Advertisement
Anyone who can watch his highlight clip here & still say he's anything more than basic is basic in themselves. Hes fast and that's it.

Okay so what I said is based on logic. Someone widely regarded as a top 2 corner in the upcoming draft tends to be good. If he played for the Canes you'd be talking about how he's the best corner in the nation it's just pure bias from you. Secondly pulling up highlight tapes is extremely questionable you can usually tell more from a CB when the ball isn't thrown his way. The honest assessment of Henderson is he has elite speed, hips and length BUT he isn't the most willing tackler and as someone else mentioned he does false step at times and usually he can just make up for it with his elite athleticism. Hall on Mizzou made him pay last year a couple times because he has elite speed so Henderson couldn't make up we quick. That also relies on great timing from the QB and that could possibly be a problem for us whereas Mizzou had Drew Lock as an established guy

Anyone who can watch his highlight clip here & still say he's anything more than basic is basic in themselves. Hes fast and that's it.

Only thing I see, is when(and he was quite a few times in the highlights) he's beat. He has outstanding speed, so he's able to chase down from behind. nothing else impressed me.

Okay so what I said is based on logic. Someone widely regarded as a top 2 corner in the upcoming draft tends to be good. If he played for the Canes you'd be talking about how he's the best corner in the nation it's just pure bias from you. Secondly pulling up highlight tapes is extremely questionable you can usually tell more from a CB when the ball isn't thrown his way. The honest assessment of Henderson is he has elite speed, hips and length BUT he isn't the most willing tackler and as someone else mentioned he does false step at times and usually he can just make up for it with his elite athleticism. Hall on Mizzou made him pay last year a couple times because he has elite speed so Henderson couldn't make up we quick. That also relies on great timing from the QB and that could possibly be a problem for us whereas Mizzou had Drew Lock as an established guy
I'd say I know a thing or 2 about cb play. He certainly has the speed & length but that's all hes displayed on the field. I wouldnt care if he played for us or not. A spade is a spade. Let his skill set translate to on field production before you anoint him anything. Far as anyone saying hes a top 2 cb in the country I haven't seen that one anywhere. But honestly if I did I'd just laugh at them and no another sec mule who dont know **** about football. Far as I'm concerned you match him up next to dj right now and project finished product I take DJ with no hesitation. That's not a cane homer as I have no problem acknowledging other teams & players. Nothing I've seen out of Henderson is anymore than speed & length. But what do I know

I'd say I know a thing or 2 about cb play. He certainly has the speed & length but that's all hes displayed on the field. I wouldnt care if he played for us or not. A spade is a spade. Let his skill set translate to on field production before you anoint him anything. Far as anyone saying hes a top 2 cb in the country I haven't seen that one anywhere. But honestly if I did I'd just laugh at them and no another sec mule who dont know **** about football. Far as I'm concerned you match him up next to dj right now and project finished product I take DJ with no hesitation. That's not a cane homer as I have no problem acknowledging other teams & players. Nothing I've seen out of Henderson is anymore than speed & length. But what do I know
You're literally contradicting yourself. 'Let his skill set translate to on field production before you anoint him' and then say you take DJ Ivey over him who has played almost no meaningful snaps. Henderson's on field production is good too so I don't know what to say their your clearly a homer idk how you can say your not after your statements. You know CB play so please explain to me 1st how Henderson isn't that good and then second how DJ is going to be better than him based off what they've shown

Advertisement
Seen a couple of gators saying theyā€™ll use their LB Amari Burney to cover Brevin...supposedly runs a 4.4 but is young and hasnā€™t played much yet
Maybe he can cover brevin, but even so who would cover Mallory ? We're gonna be throwing tons of weapons at them in every direction. Good luck to Mr. Burney.

Thatā€™s pretty much NOT the weakness of most corners. That is his weakness though.
From the "highlights" I saw him get beat early and often...but he may save a TD, so instead he gives up a 20-50 yard play. I'll take that all day long, let our other players eat.

Advertisement

Right?

Henderson ain't anything special. He's had the luxury of playing in a division with now real top flight receivers. Let me know when he shuts down an elite WR.

People are grossly underestimating just how good Henderson is.

He was only targeted 36 times all season. He only allowed 18 catches, and not a single touchdown. QBs had a 44 passer rating the few times they decided to try him.

So two things to note: yes Jeff Thomas is good, but Henderson is a stud. Also, like it has been discussed, this matchup is really dependent on our OL and Perry. Itā€™s not like theyā€™re going at it in 7v7 in shorts with no pass rush.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back