Jarren Williams will be QB1 in 2020...

With all of that being said as I’ve stated this case, if they don’t improve the mental processing of the game , leadership and mindset them all of this will be meaningless and we should just go on a different direction. But for now give everyone another chance. Jmo on the situation
Yea, that's the issue here. Changing the system isn't going to change his maturity, leadership, etc. Talent is there. I just don't have confidence in finding a better solution. Not really a "give everyone a chance" stance from me. He completely blew that last year by all accounts. But if you're Manny Diaz, are you sending Jarren Williams in battle with your job on the line this year?

Advertisement
Yea, that's the issue here. Changing the system isn't going to change his maturity, leadership, etc. Talent is there. I just don't have confidence in finding a better solution. Not really a "give everyone a chance" stance from me. He completely blew that last year by all accounts. But if you're Manny Diaz, are you sending Jarren Williams in battle with your job on the line this year?
People mature a different ages and even with his faults he’s still the Best option on the roster as a passer, you would hope the new system helps him and it very well could. Shane Buchelle was mediocre at Texas, lost his job and had a career year as a grad transfer with lashlee at smu. This year I dont Think transfer portal can help us much at the position. The Duffey kid has previous title 9 issues, the Boston college kid is a **** no for me, if jake Fromm declares that’s another big time school in the ring for a grad transfer qb like jamie Newman and kj Costello doesn’t fit our situation right now

People mature a different ages and even with his faults he’s still the Best option on the roster as a passer, you would hope the new system helps him and it very well could. Shane Buchelle was mediocre at Texas, lost his job and had a career year as a grad transfer with lashlee at smu. This year I dont Think transfer portal can help us much at the position. The Duffey kid has previous title 9 issues, the Boston college kid is a **** no for me, if jake Fromm declares that’s another big time school in the ring for a grad transfer qb like jamie Newman and kj Costello doesn’t fit our situation right now

Im in the minority but im good with the qb room plus tvd this year. Granted each one has to tighten up, but we have had major coaching issues in there the last 3 years. Jarren may be a prima donna, but its hard to run off a guy who threw 6 td's in one game.

It's a business, though. If your job was on the line and you had the choice between a talented dip****, who has shown you who he is time and time again, and lesser talented guy that is reliable, dependable, and more mature, which are you going to go with? The problem is finding that Option 2, but I'd have to imagine that Manny and Lashlee are going to look hard for him before settling on Jarren again.

Advertisement
It's a business, though. If your job was on the line and you had the choice between a talented dip****, who has shown you who he is time and time again, and lesser talented guy that is reliable, dependable, and more mature, which are you going to go with? The problem is finding that Option 2, but I'd have to imagine that Manny and Lashlee are going to look hard for him before settling on Jarren again.
Hopefully one of our guys step up and take the job definitively

1578345446462.png

From left to Right (back row first):

Blake James, N'Kosi Perry, Tate Martell,
Jenn Strawley, and Jarren Williams.

I think Kosi ends up starting. I don’t particularly care for any of them but whoever comes out as the starter, I’ll support.

Good coaching promotes good learning techniques. Attitude reflects leadership.

Yet Manny is still the head coach that has enabled this kid to miss practices and pout whenever things didn't go his way with no consequences. I do agree that the relationship with Lashlee (both professionally and personally) could influence change but the overarching responsibility of the team still belongs in the same hands which makes this a pretty bold statement of faith to someone who hasn't shown he deserves it.

Advertisement
Does a leader transfer? That's what Joe Burrow did. It was also said that JB wasn't a hardworker at OSU. Urban chose a Duck Throwing Freshman to back up his Starter. JB tranferred to LSU and produced the following stats: 57.8% 15 TD 5 Int....AS A RS JUNIOR.

Yet, JW can't improve from 61.5% 19 TD 7 Int....AS A RS FRESHMAN.

Try again.
Very bad comparison. Burrows transferred and handled himself like a pro. He didn't complain about Ohio State and he did THREATEN to transfer. In fact Ohio State tried to keep him claiming he could still compete. He saw the writing on the wall and left quietly.

Conversely, Jarren on social.media with cryptic messages. Skipping practice when benched which should have been the end of his Miami career or been in the doghouse for several games. Nope. Not with Manny. This is why there is a culture problem. The coach is allowing it. This is NOT leadership by the coach or the QB.

Last edited:
Very bad comparison. Burrows transferred and handled himself like a pro. He didn't complain about Ohio State and he did THREATEN to transfer. In fact Ohio State tries to keep him claiming he could still compete. He saw the writing on the wall and left quietly.

Conversely, Jarren all over social.media with cryptic messages. Skipping practice when benched which should have been the end of his Miami career or been in the doghouse for several games. Nope. Not with Manny. This is why there is a culture problem. The coach is allowing it. This is NOT leadership by the coach or the QB.
What were the cryptic messages all over social media with Jarren? He doesn’t even post on twitter. Only thing he posted after the va tech game was in an ig story which said ,”the only thing on my mind is getting back 100% healthy”

Very bad comparison. Burrows transferred and handled himself like a pro. He didn't complain about Ohio State and he did THREATEN to transfer. In fact Ohio State tries to keep him claiming he could still compete. He saw the writing on the wall and left quietly.

Conversely, Jarren all over social.media with cryptic messages. Skipping practice when benched which should have been the end of his Miami career or been in the doghouse for several games. Nope. Not with Manny. This is why there is a culture problem. The coach is allowing it. This is NOT leadership by the coach or the QB.

I just can't get behind a quarterback who goes through the motions in any game. That tells you all you need to know about his commitment to being a leader and his effort in game preparation.

Advertisement
What were the cryptic messages all over social media with Jarren? He doesn’t even posts on twitter. Only thing he posted after the va tech game was in an ig story which said ,”the only thing on my mind is getting back 100% healthy”
There was a recent post about, "Be careful what you wish for" referring to him either transferring or Enos being gone. Since it appears that he didn't get along with Enos, I assume he was referring to the possibility of transferring.

I saw it here on CIS where someone posted his tweet.

I just can't get behind a quarterback who goes through the motions in any game. That tells you all you need to know about his commitment to being a leader and his effort in game preparation.
Agreed. Nothing against his talent. He lacks the leadership ability you need from your QB.

There was a recent post about, "Be careful what you wish for" referring to him either transferring or Enos being gone. Since it appears that he didn't get along with Enos, I assume he was referring to the possibility of transferring.

I saw it here on CIS where someone posted his tweet.
People got to stop trying to glean into every social media post and be wrong in doing so , not everything about football. ALOT of people interpret things wrong on canesinsight especially what a college athlete post. Sh*t i remember before he was named the starter he posted a picture on ig with a captain of something like,”ten toes down, best believe ima step” and people inferred that he was transferring. Some people just need to quit guessing

Advertisement
People got to stop trying to glean into every social media post and be wrong in doing so , not everything about football. ALOT of people interpret things wrong on canesinsight especially what a college athlete post. Sh*t i remember before he was named the starter he posted a picture on ig with a captain of something like,”ten toes down, best believe ima step” and people inferred that he was transferring. Some people just need to quit guessing
Regardless. Skipping practice after a benching is not leadership.

Respect all these kids and wish them well. Ultimately it's a bottom-line business and no way in **** Manny is putting his job on the line with Williams, Perry or Martell. Not happening. Expect Lashlee to target a gr
Totally disagree. If you want to blow up your program, then bring in another QB on top of the 4 you recruited and the transfer you brought in last year.

Secondly, Lashlee will evaluate his QBs in the Spring under his system. Why would you bring in another guy when haven't even evaluated your current QBs.

Lastly, Lashlee recruited N'kosi when he was at Auburn so he has a familiarity with him.

Totally disagree. If you want to blow up your program, then bring in another QB on top of the 4 you recruited and the transfer you brought in last year.

Secondly, Lashlee will evaluate his QBs in the Spring under his system. Why would you bring in another guy when haven't even evaluated your current QBs.

Lastly, Lashlee recruited N'kosi when he was at Auburn so he has a familiarity with him.

Great points

Joe Burrows 2019 stats (AS A RS JUNIOR):

57.8% 15 TD 5 Int.

JW as a RS Freshman:

61.5% 19 TD 7 Int

Try Again.
Stats have nothing to do with being a "field general." A field general is a leader. He rallies the team when they face adversity. He does whatever it takes to win and most importantly puts the team first. Not qualities Jarren has shown.

Advertisement
Back