Jarren Williams will be QB1 in 2020...

As a freshman, Jarren Williams had his good moments and bad moments. Be that as it may, his finals stats are the following:

61.5% 19 TD 7 Int.

Three of those interceptions came in one game when he was playing with a separated shoulder.

JW will be fine with competent coaching.
Sure, he may be. I am surely not a Jarren Williams hater and if he is our guy next year I will 100% get behind him and hope he improves and can be a solid field general for us. But my personal preference would be to get a clean start with one of the new guys.

Advertisement
He doesn't have the mental fortitude or work ethic to be great. He led this year's team to 6-7. I don't ever want to see him play another down unless there is an injury.

Start the grad transfer and let him work through growing pains.

Start TVD and let him work through growing pains.

Start Tate and let him work through growing pains.

We've seen enough of Jarren and Nkosi, they should not play another down unless injury forces them in. They are average at best. We need greatness and they are not it. No more musical chairs with our starting QB.
I’m might get trashed for this but I said it once and I will say it again. In regards to Tate their is something to say about winning championships in Highschool and an undefeated record. I believe in an up tempo scheme he is that guy. I still like what I saw in jarren as well in Louisville Pitt and Florida state. In the FSU and Louisville game you saw the confidence. Nkosi plays confident all the time but just doesn’t get it done consistently almost as if he’s missing something. Maybe all three of them should compete again but it’s gonna be harder to beat out Tate with an offense this time around that fits his skill set.

Sure, he may be. I am surely not a Jarren Williams hater and if he is our guy next year I will 100% get behind him and hope he improves and can be a solid field general for us. But my personal preference would be to get a clean start with one of the new guys.

Joe Burrows 2019 stats (AS A RS JUNIOR):

57.8% 15 TD 5 Int.

JW as a RS Freshman:

61.5% 19 TD 7 Int

Try Again.

I’m might get trashed for this but I said it once and I will say it again. In regards to Tate their is something to say about winning championships in Highschool and an undefeated record. I believe in an up tempo scheme he is that guy. I still like what I saw in jarren as well in Louisville Pitt and Florida state. In the FSU and Louisville game you saw the confidence. Nkosi plays confident all the time but just doesn’t get it done consistently almost as if he’s missing something. Maybe all three of them should compete again but it’s gonna be harder to beat out Tate with an offense this time around that fits his skill set.

FACTS ON JW and NP. Tate does not have it

Advertisement
JW sucks *** and should never throw another football for this university. Please take your lazy *** to the transfer portal like you should have last year.

FACTS ON JW and NP. Tate does not have it
I just wanted to see more of him in the bowl game. For me it was not a big enough sample size to pass judgement on him however when the pocket broke down and he took off I got excited but he went no where. It was like seeing a **** girl from the back with a nice *** in tight jeans and a fly weave but when see turned around she looked like Sam cassell 🤣

57.8% 15 TD 5 Int.

JW as a RS Freshman:

61.5% 19 TD 7 Int

Try Again.
Try again? Wtf does that mean? Are you one of these modern millenial types who feel every discussion is an argument? I never said Jarren can't improve or can never be good, I merely said I PERSONALLY hope I don't ever see Jarren, Kosi or Tate as the starting QB for Miami again.

You guys act like Jarren Williams is a finished product. He was a freshman. Dan Enos was his offensive coordinator. You are the type of guys that will throw a good recruit to the Wolves if he doesn't perform like an All-American as a true freshman. News flash. Every kid does not develop at the same pace.

If Van Dyke starts and he performs poorly, many of you will be screaming for the 2021 quarterback to start in 2021. Ridiculous and uninformed notions.....
Well this board did just say they would turn down Tom Brady so...

Advertisement

57.8% 15 TD 5 Int.

JW as a RS Freshman:

61.5% 19 TD 7 Int

Try Again.

I understand what you're trying to get at, but that's a bad comp. One seems to have the intangibles and the mindset to succeed . . . the other one . . . the jury is still out and it's not trending positively.

That said, as you mentioned, he is a RS SO this year so there is room for improvement.

Advertisement
Forget the X's, O's, and accuracy for a.moment. What bothers me about Jarren is his attitude. He is not a leader. A leader doesn't threaten to transfer. A leader doesn't skip practice when he's benched. Leadership is revealed in the darkest moments of facing adversity. I don't know if he'll change. Even of he does, will his teammates follow him?

Advertisement
Respect all these kids and wish them well. Ultimately it's a bottom-line business and no way in **** Manny is putting his job on the line with Williams, Perry or Martell. Not happening. Expect Lashlee to target a gr

and play very well. So you better get used to it. Why? Jarren has very good arm talent and no one can deny that. He can be supremely accurate. He showed us how good he can be. You saw the kid perform as a redshirt freshman under intense pressure in the Florida game. He never winced nor flinched. Sure he made some mistakes. He is supposed to make mistakes. He's a freshman. He wasn't getting the best assistance from his offensive coordinator. No one in their right mind would ever criticize Jarren after the Florida game by saying he didn't play good enough to win. Enos did. Now imagine dealing with that week after week. Enos killed ALL the QBs' confidence.

It wasn't just Jarren that held onto the ball too long. Nkosi Perry did the same thing. Even Tate Martell did it. So obviously, the quarterbacks were not seeing what Enos was seeing. Whose fault is that? Dan Enos. Luckily for us he is gone.

We have a quarterback coach and offensive coordinator that will run a system that is Tempo based and simplified to make the offense go. Jarren has the purest arm Talent on the team and will be the starter. And I truly hope that Manny does not play the sympathy role by starting a true freshman, if he is not ready, just to save his job.

We can win with Jarren. He showed us how good he can be. Now he, and the other quarterbacks, has someone that will not only be a coach to him but will be a friend to him. Quarterbacks need that more than any other position.
CISis a place that collects the best and worst takes on canes football

I want to commend you for very likely having perhaps one of the worst takes of 2020 so early in the new year

and play very well. So you better get used to it. Why? Jarren has very good arm talent and no one can deny that. He can be supremely accurate. He showed us how good he can be. You saw the kid perform as a redshirt freshman under intense pressure in the Florida game. He never winced nor flinched. Sure he made some mistakes. He is supposed to make mistakes. He's a freshman. He wasn't getting the best assistance from his offensive coordinator. No one in their right mind would ever criticize Jarren after the Florida game by saying he didn't play good enough to win. Enos did. Now imagine dealing with that week after week. Enos killed ALL the QBs' confidence.

It wasn't just Jarren that held onto the ball too long. Nkosi Perry did the same thing. Even Tate Martell did it. So obviously, the quarterbacks were not seeing what Enos was seeing. Whose fault is that? Dan Enos. Luckily for us he is gone.

We have a quarterback coach and offensive coordinator that will run a system that is Tempo based and simplified to make the offense go. Jarren has the purest arm Talent on the team and will be the starter. And I truly hope that Manny does not play the sympathy role by starting a true freshman, if he is not ready, just to save his job.

We can win with Jarren. He showed us how good he can be. Now he, and the other quarterbacks, has someone that will not only be a coach to him but will be a friend to him. Quarterbacks need that more than any other position.

Unless Williams grows up emotionally and competition suddenly makes him rise to the occasion, I don't buy it.

I fully expect Tyler Van Dyke to put in the work and it to be like 2014 where Miami started true freshman Brad Kaaya.

Williams was ready to turn tail a year ago this time when he didn't get to start as a true freshman—unable to beat out the inept Malik Rosier—and won the job by default this year, as Martell was a joke and Perry his his ceiling in 2018.

Even year's end, Williams with some cryptic social media nonsense about "not knowing what you got until it's gone"—which came off like a thinly-veiled transfer threat to fans who have called for his head over the past few months.

Too many betas on this roster. Once some alphas like Van Dyke show up, things will change.

Williams might have the tools, but he's proving to have a two-cent head and no resolve in this whole process.

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if he transfers out by spring.

Advertisement
Back