Jarren Williams will be QB1 in 2020...

So him missing wide open guys is on the OC..him short arming and sailing throws is on the OC..him making boneheaded decisions like lateraling the ball before HT is on the OC..bro stop. Enos was bad but he wasn’t all that bad in tally or when jarren was breaking records..jarren played like **** in those last 4 games..FIU he single handedly lost the game with the way he played..in the bowl game he constantly missed open guys

Didn't play like that against UF and UNC?

WHY?

Advertisement
Jarren doesn’t naturally push the ball down the field, he is very accurate for short gains but doesn’t throw with anticipation. Jarren is good but I believe Kosi has more upside in a less complicated system

Simply put, JW is the purest passer on the team. Definitely the most accurate. Both will benefit from a simplified and tempo based offense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Maybe, maybe not. Let me know in the fall if he is still here. I think a lot will depend on the portal. So, unless the op has a time machine or crystal ball, he knows as much as the coaching staff.

Jarren will thrive in this offense, passing wise. My thing is the mental part. Can the confidence come back that we saw against Louisville? Can he handle the success that could come in this type of system at a program like ours? Those are the things I’m wondering, his talent cannot be questioned.

Advertisement
and play very well. So you better get used to it. Why? Jarren has very good arm talent and no one can deny that. He can be supremely accurate. He showed us how good he can be. You saw the kid perform as a redshirt freshman under intense pressure in the Florida game. He never winced nor flinched. Sure he made some mistakes. He is supposed to make mistakes. He's a freshman. He wasn't getting the best assistance from his offensive coordinator. No one in their right mind would ever criticize Jarren after the Florida game by saying he didn't play good enough to win. Enos did. Now imagine dealing with that week after week. Enos killed ALL the QBs' confidence.

It wasn't just Jarren that held onto the ball too long. Nkosi Perry did the same thing. Even Tate Martell did it. So obviously, the quarterbacks were not seeing what Enos was seeing. Whose fault is that? Dan Enos. Luckily for us he is gone.

We have a quarterback coach and offensive coordinator that will run a system that is Tempo based and simplified to make the offense go. Jarren has the purest arm Talent on the team and will be the starter. And I truly hope that Manny does not play the sympathy role by starting a true freshman, if he is not ready, just to save his job.

We can win with Jarren. He showed us how good he can be. Now he, and the other quarterbacks, has someone that will not only be a coach to him but will be a friend to him. Quarterbacks need that more than any other position.

Lashlee is certainly NOT going to base his offensive effectiveness and Canes career on Jarren Williams. Fully expect Lashlee to bring in at least one experienced starter as a grad transfer so he has a solid option to work with. Then .. evaluate the guys on the roster to see how they stack up. The overall impression of JW is that he is mentally weak, not a natural leader, and certainly does not "elevate" those around him with his work ethic. Lazy, entitled, mentally weak, quitter, have all been applicable adjectives during the season to describe his actions. Would much rather have him enter the portal and be replaced by a solid player that has demonstrated toughness and perseverance.

Advertisement
I don't think Lashlee wants to **** around with a QB who takes 4 seconds to make a read.

Dude is gonna take one look at indecisive Jarren and laugh.

Jarren's slow decision making *** is not a good fit with this new "pace and space" offense. These offenses need QB's who process quickly.

In order to be QB1, Jarren needs to:

1) Show unwavering commitment to the team (no threats to transfer, no pouting etc);

2) Prepare thoroughly for each & every game (as if it's FSU week every week);

3) Refuse to lose;

4) Be the leader of the team on & off the field (be the first to arrive at practice & the last to leave; motivate & inspire his teammates; say the right things to the media & many other things);

5) Improve his conditioning. We hear about his speed but he doesn't seem fast when he runs. I think he can still improve significantly in terms of conditioning (which will help him be stronger mentally, make quicker decisions, be more confident etc);

6) Get the ball out faster (the new OC's system should help in that regard);

7) Run more;

8) Really study games where he had multiple INTs (some in really quick succession) and figure out how to avoid those really bad games. When he was off, he was really off; and

9) Take pride in being part of Miami Football, pride in his craft & pride in his name and never ever simply "go through the motions". He needs to learn to hate to lose & show much greater competitive spirit.

Jarren still has real potential but his improvement would start with a much needed attitude adjustment.

Advertisement
Back