Jarren Williams will be QB1 in 2020...

SonnyLong

Banned
Banned
and play very well. So you better get used to it. Why? Jarren has very good arm talent and no one can deny that. He can be supremely accurate. He showed us how good he can be. You saw the kid perform as a redshirt freshman under intense pressure in the Florida game. He never winced nor flinched. Sure he made some mistakes. He is supposed to make mistakes. He's a freshman. He wasn't getting the best assistance from his offensive coordinator. No one in their right mind would ever criticize Jarren after the Florida game by saying he didn't play good enough to win. Enos did. Now imagine dealing with that week after week. Enos killed ALL the QBs' confidence.

It wasn't just Jarren that held onto the ball too long. Nkosi Perry did the same thing. Even Tate Martell did it. So obviously, the quarterbacks were not seeing what Enos was seeing. Whose fault is that? Dan Enos. Luckily for us he is gone.

We have a quarterback coach and offensive coordinator that will run a system that is Tempo based and simplified to make the offense go. Jarren has the purest arm Talent on the team and will be the starter. And I truly hope that Manny does not play the sympathy role by starting a true freshman, if he is not ready, just to save his job.

We can win with Jarren. He showed us how good he can be. Now he, and the other quarterbacks, has someone that will not only be a coach to him but will be a friend to him. Quarterbacks need that more than any other position.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If he can’t get his shiiit together in the film room, mentally, and lead the team. He won’t be the guy
I'm just ready for him to move on, because he seems like damaged goods and too much drama off the field, but if there's any chance of him actually making a go of it with the Canes moving forward, he'd need to keep his head down and become a singularly focused football nerd from here on out. But, honestly, I'm just hoping TVD is the real deal and Lash recognizes it. That and I still stand with D$ in the opinion that Tate could be a special slot receiver if he dedicated himself to it.

He doesn't have the mental fortitude or work ethic to be great. He led this year's team to 6-7. I don't ever want to see him play another down unless there is an injury.

Start the grad transfer and let him work through growing pains.

Start TVD and let him work through growing pains.

Start Tate and let him work through growing pains.

We've seen enough of Jarren and Nkosi, they should not play another down unless injury forces them in. They are average at best. We need greatness and they are not it. No more musical chairs with our starting QB.

I was one of his biggest fans throughout the year and even I am about sick of him and his attitude, immaturity and lack of mental toughness. I do think Lashlee will give them all ANOTHER clean slate but I definitely expect one of, if not 2 of the 3 stooges to leave.

Advertisement
He doesn't have the mental fortitude or work ethic to be great. He led this year's team to 6-7. I don't ever want to see him play another down unless there is an injury.

Start the grad transfer and let him work through growing pains.

Start TVD and let him work through growing pains.

Start Tate and let him work through growing pains.

We've seen enough of Jarren and Nkosi, they should not play another down unless injury forces them in. They are average at best. We need greatness and they are not it. No more musical chairs with our starting QB.

And if TVD struggles, you will want 2021 QB to start in 21, right. Pitiful.

I'm just ready for him to move on, because he seems like damaged goods and too much drama off the field, but if there's any chance of him actually making a go of it with the Canes moving forward, he'd need to keep his head down and become a singularly focused football nerd from here on out. But, honestly, I'm just hoping TVD is the real deal and Lash recognizes it. That and I still stand with D$ in the opinion that Tate could be a special slot receiver if he dedicated himself to it.

Special Slot receiver. LMAO Tate is slow.

I was one of his biggest fans throughout the year and even I am about sick of him and his attitude, immaturity and lack of mental toughness. I do think Lashlee will give them all ANOTHER clean slate but I definitely expect one of, if not 2 of the 3 stooges to leave.
I likewise was one of his biggest fans throughout the year and I feel the same way about him now as you do. Really unfortunate that he doesn't seem to have the desire or work ethic to be great, and that he is going to waste his talent.

Man..jarren was about to be my guy..but to say he can be extremely accurate is a stretch. He missed sooo many throws down the stretch it’s hard to tell exactly what he is from a pure accuracy standpoint. I honestly don’t feel strongly about him being the guy next year..some of the mistakes he made had little to do with the OC. Guys would be open and he would just miss them. Kid tried to lateral a ball in the open field before halftime..i couldn’t believe it..so no it’s a sure thing he’ll beat out tate, Perry or whoever else

Advertisement
Special Slot receiver. LMAO Tate is slow.
Disagree. He's athletic and has very good quickness, which has been verified through testing. He's thick too, and for a slot receiver, his height is not a liability. I don't think he'll ever take a significant snap as a QB again unless we have a rash of injuries at the QB position.

Disagree. He's athletic and has very good quickness, which has been verified through testing. He's thick too, and for a slot receiver, his height is not a liability. I don't think he'll ever take a significant snap as a QB again unless we have a rash of injuries at the QB position.

Looked slow AF against Louisiana Tech.

Advertisement
Man..jarren was about to be my guy..but to say he can be extremely accurate is a stretch. He missed sooo many throws down the stretch it’s hard to tell exactly what he is from a pure accuracy standpoint. I honestly don’t feel strongly about him being the guy next year..some of the mistakes he made had little to do with the OC. Guys would be open and he would just miss them. Kid tried to lateral a ball in the open field before halftime..i couldn’t believe it..so no it’s a sure thing he’ll beat out tate, Perry or whoever else

Like I said, he can be supremely accurate. Sure, he got worse after season went on. The question everybody should be asking is: Why? Two words: Dan Enos.

Disagree. His feet weren't slow. His decision making was slow as was our WR's separation from DB's. He's fast enough and very quick, all good attributes for a move the chains slot receiver.

Let it go. Tate is probably the slowest QB on the roster.

Like I said, he can be supremely accurate. Sure, he got worse after season went on. The question everybody should be asking is: Why? Two words: Dan Enos.
So him missing wide open guys is on the OC..him short arming and sailing throws is on the OC..him making boneheaded decisions like lateraling the ball before HT is on the OC..bro stop. Enos was bad but he wasn’t all that bad in tally or when jarren was breaking records..jarren played like **** in those last 4 games..FIU he single handedly lost the game with the way he played..in the bowl game he constantly missed open guys

Advertisement
Back