Jarren Williams will be QB1 in 2020...

In order to be QB1, Jarren needs to:

1) Show unwavering commitment to the team (no threats to transfer, no pouting etc);

2) Prepare thoroughly for each & every game (as if it's FSU week every week);

3) Refuse to lose;

4) Be the leader of the team on & off the field (be the first to arrive at practice & the last to leave; motivate & inspire his teammates; say the right things to the media & many other things);

5) Improve his conditioning. We hear about his speed but he doesn't seem fast when he runs. I think he can still improve significantly in terms of conditioning (which will help him be stronger mentally, make quicker decisions, be more confident etc);

6) Get the ball out faster (the new OC's system should help in that regard);

7) Run more;

8) Really study games where he had multiple INTs (some in really quick succession) and figure out how to avoid those really bad games. When he was off, he was really off; and

9) Take pride in being part of Miami Football, pride in his craft & pride in his name and never ever simply "go through the motions". He needs to learn to hate to lose & show much greater competitive spirit.

Jarren still has real potential but his improvement would start with a much needed attitude adjustment.
10. Not going awol mid week , mid season.

Advertisement
Unless a QB develops between the ears, all the natural talent will get wasted. This goes for all QBs, not just the ones at UM.

Were DOOMED with JW , I was all giddy with him going to gayturds taking "going through the motions" with him.

INFESTATION STILL PERMEATES THIS TEAM WITH JW AS IT'S LEADER.

Advertisement
Not advocating for any QB in particular but I don’t think you can underestimate the damage Enos did to the confidence and psyche of our entire QB room. And add to that the OLine. I’m not ready to throw away the talent that is there and I believe with a solid QB coach and more QB friendly offensive scheme It will be night and day.

Something happened after that Louisville game ; the entire offensive was never the same. I have to believe it was related to Enos.

and play very well. So you better get used to it. Why? Jarren has very good arm talent and no one can deny that. He can be supremely accurate. He showed us how good he can be. You saw the kid perform as a redshirt freshman under intense pressure in the Florida game. He never winced nor flinched. Sure he made some mistakes. He is supposed to make mistakes. He's a freshman. He wasn't getting the best assistance from his offensive coordinator. No one in their right mind would ever criticize Jarren after the Florida game by saying he didn't play good enough to win. Enos did. Now imagine dealing with that week after week. Enos killed ALL the QBs' confidence.

It wasn't just Jarren that held onto the ball too long. Nkosi Perry did the same thing. Even Tate Martell did it. So obviously, the quarterbacks were not seeing what Enos was seeing. Whose fault is that? Dan Enos. Luckily for us he is gone.

We have a quarterback coach and offensive coordinator that will run a system that is Tempo based and simplified to make the offense go. Jarren has the purest arm Talent on the team and will be the starter. And I truly hope that Manny does not play the sympathy role by starting a true freshman, if he is not ready, just to save his job.

We can win with Jarren. He showed us how good he can be. Now he, and the other quarterbacks, has someone that will not only be a coach to him but will be a friend to him. Quarterbacks need that more than any other position.
So will Jarren play when he feels like playing or when his Mama says it's ok to give it your all? Which Jarren will show up every game? Which Jarren will stay off social media and actually study film every day? He had a whole year to give it his all and didn't get it done. Which Jarren will look like Peyton Manning in one game and look like he didn't practice all week in the next? Manny won't start ANYONE to save his job, the OC will make the decision in the end. Manny needs to pay attention to the D.

Advertisement
Too many in here basing this off of emotion.

It’s going to be about who performs the best in practice, the spring game and the game. You can want TVD all you want or Jarren or a Kosi or whoever, but if that quarterback goes out there, is confused, throws balls into the dirt, is scared or has no heart, they won’t win the job. Just get used to the idea that the guy you may WANT may not go out there and perform and the guy you swear shouldn’t get another snap, may go out there and play at a level good enough to win.

and play very well. So you better get used to it. Why? Jarren has very good arm talent and no one can deny that. He can be supremely accurate. He showed us how good he can be. You saw the kid perform as a redshirt freshman under intense pressure in the Florida game. He never winced nor flinched. Sure he made some mistakes. He is supposed to make mistakes. He's a freshman. He wasn't getting the best assistance from his offensive coordinator. No one in their right mind would ever criticize Jarren after the Florida game by saying he didn't play good enough to win. Enos did. Now imagine dealing with that week after week. Enos killed ALL the QBs' confidence.

It wasn't just Jarren that held onto the ball too long. Nkosi Perry did the same thing. Even Tate Martell did it. So obviously, the quarterbacks were not seeing what Enos was seeing. Whose fault is that? Dan Enos. Luckily for us he is gone.

We have a quarterback coach and offensive coordinator that will run a system that is Tempo based and simplified to make the offense go. Jarren has the purest arm Talent on the team and will be the starter. And I truly hope that Manny does not play the sympathy role by starting a true freshman, if he is not ready, just to save his job.

We can win with Jarren. He showed us how good he can be. Now he, and the other quarterbacks, has someone that will not only be a coach to him but will be a friend to him. Quarterbacks need that more than any other position.

Sorry but I don’t want any QB to start that loses to FIU, walks out on practice and threatens to leave every other week. FUQ Jarren and I hope he hits the portal

Advertisement
You guys act like Jarren Williams is a finished product. He was a freshman. Dan Enos was his offensive coordinator. You are the type of guys that will throw a good recruit to the Wolves if he doesn't perform like an All-American as a true freshman. News flash. Every kid does not develop at the same pace.

If Van Dyke starts and he performs poorly, many of you will be screaming for the 2021 quarterback to start in 2021. Ridiculous and uninformed notions.....

Jarren has plenty of talent and ability to be a very good quarterback for us, but I can't support a guy who's willing to fold his tent and just go through the motions on a whim.

Advertisement
It's obvious that since most all of the players that come through here are not happy and are not developed, its a result of a rotten culture that has progressed over the last 16-17 years along with horrible leadership and player development/coaching.

You guys act like Jarren Williams is a finished product. He was a freshman. Dan Enos was his offensive coordinator. You are the type of guys that will throw a good recruit to the Wolves if he doesn't perform like an All-American as a true freshman. News flash. Every kid does not develop at the same pace.

If Van Dyke starts and he performs poorly, many of you will be screaming for the 2021 quarterback to start in 2021. Ridiculous and uninformed notions.....
They absolutely will sh*t on tvd if he is not who they want him to be this year, setting up unrealistic expectations for that kid. They also act like people can’t improve from year 1 playing experiences. With that being said if JW wants to start here he has to get absolutely get more consistent and be a better leader, which can go for all of the qbs really

Man..jarren was about to be my guy..but to say he can be extremely accurate is a stretch. He missed sooo many throws down the stretch it’s hard to tell exactly what he is from a pure accuracy standpoint. I honestly don’t feel strongly about him being the guy next year..some of the mistakes he made had little to do with the OC. Guys would be open and he would just miss them. Kid tried to lateral a ball in the open field before halftime..i couldn’t believe it..so no it’s a sure thing he’ll beat out tate, Perry or whoever else
The revolving door of coordinators and quarterback coaching needs to end--and so does the coaching style ghost of Jon Richt. That dude ****ed any chance of stability at the position for years to come. Enos--heralded as savior for this dithering offense--wasn't the answer either. I valued Enos more for his ability to coach QBs than run an offense and he proved he could do neither. We need stability at the QB group and these amateurs can't be pulling a QB out of the game at the faintest sign of inconsistency. Either you have your man or you don't--Let the QB sink or swim and deal with some adversity. Maybe Lashlee is the right guy at the right place and right time to correct the mistakes of four seasons.

I still like Williams out of all the QBs in the room. Tyler Van Dyke would likely benefit more benched his first season as would most freshmen. Perry is just an okay backup and Martell is more interested in being inside his girlfriend than being in our opponents end-zone. That VTech and FIU game really trashed Jarren's Interception record but overall Williams has been a pretty decent QB despite the teams Win-Loss ratio***cought***thanks Baxa***cough***. Remove Jarren's lack of productivity in those two games and his Comp% increases to 62.66% and his total interceptions goes from 7 to 1. Not sure what was up with him those two games Maybe had a bad batch of gas station sushi. I'd like to think it was a mixture of Enos' stale, boring and unprepared *** not calling plays advantageous to our offensive strengths along with the opponent being prepared for those stale, boring *** play calling. I can't emphasize this enough; one of the most important and telling moments of the entire Enos-Miami experiment came from Bud Foster himself during his post game interview ( 2:20). He had a plan for both of them. We never tried to run the ball the whole night, never adjusted and Enos was either too stubborn or too stupid to recognize what was happening and make some tweaks. Williams was not a dual threat with his legs so the VTech defense would play man. With Perry, Foster wanted containment because he was more of a threat out of the pocket. In the end, "they [Williams and Perry] played for us." Those words haunt me to this day.

If Lashlee does anything right just don't be a statue like Enos was for four quarters. So glad that dude is gone.

1578314927368.png

Advertisement
Back