Jarren Williams will be QB1 in 2020...

Not advocating for any QB in particular but I don’t think you can underestimate the damage Enos did to the confidence and psyche of our entire QB room. And add to that the OLine. I’m not ready to throw away the talent that is there and I believe with a solid QB coach and more QB friendly offensive scheme It will be night and day.

Something happened after that Louisville game ; the entire offensive was never the same. I have to believe it was related to Enos.
Enos probably knew he was gone and started cheesedicking. What a *****.

Advertisement
They absolutely will sh*t on tvd if he is not who they want him to be this year, setting up unrealistic expectations for that kid. They also act like people can’t improve from year 1 playing experiences. With that being said if JW wants to start here he has to get absolutely get more consistent and be a better leader, which can go for all of the qbs really

Facts.

3rd O system in 3 years. Not sure who that will or won't benefit. We know what we've got in Jarren and Kosi. Obviously, the QB that puts in the most work on and off the field will be QB1. Lashlee will have his hands full.

You guys act like Jarren Williams is a finished product. He was a freshman. Dan Enos was his offensive coordinator. You are the type of guys that will throw a good recruit to the Wolves if he doesn't perform like an All-American as a true freshman. News flash. Every kid does not develop at the same pace.

If Van Dyke starts and he performs poorly, many of you will be screaming for the 2021 quarterback to start in 2021. Ridiculous and uninformed notions.....

Jarren is soft as Charmin. Kid is not a leader. Portal would be perfect for him. Addition by subtraction.

Advertisement
All the QBs have the talent to run the offense. But it is a lot of work to learn a new offense. It does not do anyone any good if you are accurate, can run or have a strong arm if you do not understand the O. Like any O this one will have many reads and if they can't get those right then it does not matter how pretty your throws are.

The starter will be the one that studies the most in the film room and can understand the offense the first. I hope they all understand the opportunity and really work at this.

I'm sorry to say this but I hope I never see any of our 3 quarterbacks from this season under center for Miami again.

As a freshman, Jarren Williams had his good moments and bad moments. Be that as it may, his finals stats are the following:

61.5% 19 TD 7 Int.

Three of those interceptions came in one game when he was playing with a separated shoulder.

JW will be fine with competent coaching.

and play very well. So you better get used to it. Why? Jarren has very good arm talent and no one can deny that. He can be supremely accurate. He showed us how good he can be. You saw the kid perform as a redshirt freshman under intense pressure in the Florida game. He never winced nor flinched. Sure he made some mistakes. He is supposed to make mistakes. He's a freshman. He wasn't getting the best assistance from his offensive coordinator. No one in their right mind would ever criticize Jarren after the Florida game by saying he didn't play good enough to win. Enos did. Now imagine dealing with that week after week. Enos killed ALL the QBs' confidence.

It wasn't just Jarren that held onto the ball too long. Nkosi Perry did the same thing. Even Tate Martell did it. So obviously, the quarterbacks were not seeing what Enos was seeing. Whose fault is that? Dan Enos. Luckily for us he is gone.

We have a quarterback coach and offensive coordinator that will run a system that is Tempo based and simplified to make the offense go. Jarren has the purest arm Talent on the team and will be the starter. And I truly hope that Manny does not play the sympathy role by starting a true freshman, if he is not ready, just to save his job.

We can win with Jarren. He showed us how good he can be. Now he, and the other quarterbacks, has someone that will not only be a coach to him but will be a friend to him. Quarterbacks need that more than any other position.
I'll say that Jarren has the most talent as a pure QB of the guys we've seen on the roster. QBs typically don't get worse throughout the season. Teams either learn how to play against the QB or to stop the offense, Given that all our QBs struggled, I'm guess they figured out how to stop Enos' offense, not that Jarren just regressed that far. My guess is that, if he's still around, he starts next year.

Advertisement
Not advocating for any QB in particular but I don’t think you can underestimate the damage Enos did to the confidence and psyche of our entire QB room. And add to that the OLine. I’m not ready to throw away the talent that is there and I believe with a solid QB coach and more QB friendly offensive scheme It will be night and day.

Something happened after that Louisville game ; the entire offensive was never the same. I have to believe it was related to Enos.

Is that why suitcase goes awol and stays in trouble for both seasons he’s been here? Just saying my guy.

and play very well. So you better get used to it. Why? Jarren has very good arm talent and no one can deny that. He can be supremely accurate. He showed us how good he can be. You saw the kid perform as a redshirt freshman under intense pressure in the Florida game. He never winced nor flinched. Sure he made some mistakes. He is supposed to make mistakes. He's a freshman. He wasn't getting the best assistance from his offensive coordinator. No one in their right mind would ever criticize Jarren after the Florida game by saying he didn't play good enough to win. Enos did. Now imagine dealing with that week after week. Enos killed ALL the QBs' confidence.

It wasn't just Jarren that held onto the ball too long. Nkosi Perry did the same thing. Even Tate Martell did it. So obviously, the quarterbacks were not seeing what Enos was seeing. Whose fault is that? Dan Enos. Luckily for us he is gone.

We have a quarterback coach and offensive coordinator that will run a system that is Tempo based and simplified to make the offense go. Jarren has the purest arm Talent on the team and will be the starter. And I truly hope that Manny does not play the sympathy role by starting a true freshman, if he is not ready, just to save his job.

We can win with Jarren. He showed us how good he can be. Now he, and the other quarterbacks, has someone that will not only be a coach to him but will be a friend to him. Quarterbacks need that more than any other position.
He also showed us how bad he can be. He lost to FIU, Duke, and LA Tech. All three games he performed like trash.

I'll say that Jarren has the most talent as a pure QB of the guys we've seen on the roster. QBs typically don't get worse throughout the season. Teams either learn how to play against the QB or to stop the offense, Given that all our QBs struggled, I'm guess they figured out how to stop Enos' offense, not that Jarren just regressed that far. My guess is that, if he's still around, he starts next year.

Exactly. Every QB held onto the ball too long. It wasn't solely JW. It was systematic. Dan Enos didn't do anything to give his QBs a competitive advantage.

Even if there were guys open, if the quarterbacks can't see it, there is something wrong with the system. Dan Enos did not care about that. He only cared about what he saw. He only cared about his scheme...not the scheme that gave the team the best chance to win.

Advertisement

What I really don't understand about JW is how he could light Louisville up, but then fail to score points against FIU, Duke, and LA Tech. I can't reconcile that in my mind. I don't accept Enos play-calling as an excuse, either, because JW should have been able to move the ball on those teams no matter what play was called.

He also showed us how bad he can be. He lost to FIU, Duke, and LA Tech. All three games he performed like trash.

Sure did. The question is why?

Louisville would have field raped FIU, Duke and Louisiana Tech. Why did JW play against Louisville?

What happened?

Advertisement
Sure did. The question is why?

Louisville would have field raped FIU, Duke and Louisiana Tech. Why did JW play against Louisville?

What happened?
Louisville's defense was ranked in the 100s. Jarren is too slow at reading plays. Kosi should have been the guy for the last four games.

He doesn't have the mental fortitude or work ethic to be great. He led this year's team to 6-7. I don't ever want to see him play another down unless there is an injury.

Start the grad transfer and let him work through growing pains.

Start TVD and let him work through growing pains.

Start Tate and let him work through growing pains.

We've seen enough of Jarren and Nkosi, they should not play another down unless injury forces them in. They are average at best. We need greatness and they are not it. No more musical chairs with our starting QB.

WHY?? Let's not waste time.....We've also seen enough of Tate to know that he firmly belongs at 3rd string and that he's nothing special

Want change??....then go with the Frosh or Machoda.....any further competition between the top three will not change their final positioning on the roster( That's why Tate switched to WR).....they all can work equally hard offseason to improve themselves to no avail ....they simply are what they are at QB

To believe otherwise is only wishful thinking

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back