Jarren Williams will be QB1 in 2020...

He is not a leader. A leader doesn't threaten to transfer.

Does a leader transfer? That's what Joe Burrow did. It was also said that JB wasn't a hardworker at OSU. Urban chose a Duck Throwing Freshman to back up his Starter. JB tranferred to LSU and produced the following stats: 57.8% 15 TD 5 Int....AS A RS JUNIOR.

Yet, JW can't improve from 61.5% 19 TD 7 Int....AS A RS FRESHMAN.

Try again.

Advertisement
It's entirely too soon to start the war on pet QBs.

Now I will say this, how can you watch JW entire tenure as QB1 and come away with supreme accuracy is beyond me. He's the most accurate guy on the roster for sure, but he threw a bunch of awful passes to go along with the good ones, you can even say his play killed us on 2 games (VT and FIU), so whatever bring me Ws.

Jarren may be QB1 or he may not even be on the team in 2 weeks, what a time to be a Hurricane

Also OP is a troll, clear tell is when "Try again" is used

It's entirely too soon to start the war on pet QBs.

Now I will say this, how can you watch JW entire tenure as QB1 and come away with supreme accuracy is beyond me. He's the most accurate guy on the roster for sure, but he threw a bunch of awful passes to go along with the good ones, you can even say his play killed us on 2 games (VT and FIU), so whatever bring me Ws.

Jarren may be QB1 or he may not even be on the team in 2 weeks, what a time to be a Hurricane

Also OP is a troll, clear tell is when "Try again" is used

Dude posted two new threads yesterday, probably the day he came off a six month ban.

He’s a mega troll.

Less focus on QBs. More focus on who the f*ck else is getting fired and who we will hire to replace them.

Advertisement
All I'll say is this.

I'd be VERY disappointed if JW is our QB1 next year. Not only does he hold onto the ball too long (a sign he takes too long to process information), but he is THE most unathletic QB I've ever seen. Ideally, in a spread, you'd like a guy who is at least a little bit of a threat to run.

I'm just not a fan of JW, never have been. I'd go with Perry before i go with JW.

and play very well. So you better get used to it. Why? Jarren has very good arm talent and no one can deny that. He can be supremely accurate. He showed us how good he can be. You saw the kid perform as a redshirt freshman under intense pressure in the Florida game. He never winced nor flinched. Sure he made some mistakes. He is supposed to make mistakes. He's a freshman. He wasn't getting the best assistance from his offensive coordinator. No one in their right mind would ever criticize Jarren after the Florida game by saying he didn't play good enough to win. Enos did. Now imagine dealing with that week after week. Enos killed ALL the QBs' confidence.

It wasn't just Jarren that held onto the ball too long. Nkosi Perry did the same thing. Even Tate Martell did it. So obviously, the quarterbacks were not seeing what Enos was seeing. Whose fault is that? Dan Enos. Luckily for us he is gone.

We have a quarterback coach and offensive coordinator that will run a system that is Tempo based and simplified to make the offense go. Jarren has the purest arm Talent on the team and will be the starter. And I truly hope that Manny does not play the sympathy role by starting a true freshman, if he is not ready, just to save his job.

We can win with Jarren. He showed us how good he can be. Now he, and the other quarterbacks, has someone that will not only be a coach to him but will be a friend to him. Quarterbacks need that more than any other position.
You lost me at ..... he never winced or flinched....
During the Florida game. 👌

He was flat out turrible. In my charles Barkley voice.

Go Canes!!!!!!!

Advertisement
It will be either Perry or Williams barring a big time get in the Portal. To me there is nobody coming in or on the roster that would have done any better during the last two years

Advertisement
All I'll say is this.

I'd be VERY disappointed if JW is our QB1 next year. Not only does he hold onto the ball too long (a sign he takes too long to process information), but he is THE most unathletic QB I've ever seen. Ideally, in a spread, you'd like a guy who is at least a little bit of a threat to run.

I'm just not a fan of JW, never have been. I'd go with Perry before i go with JW.

I really thought the guy could move better than he does.....that was a big disappointment for me too. For me, even Perry doesn't seem to move anywhere near the way it appeared he did from his high school tape.

Y’all talking film room, QB room, weight room and it’s all irrelevant.

My man 15 is looking at a padded room for his crazy *** if he doesn’t sort his **** out.

Crazy how everywhere else system change can effect the play of a qb but not at miami according to fans on here and that goes for any qb on the roster.

look at the progression joe burrow had when they switched to a spread offense...

2018 burrow stats in a prostyle system
2900 passing yards
57.8%
16 tds
5 ints
7.6 yards per attempt
133.2 rating

compared to

2019 burrow stats in a SPREAD system
5208 yards
77.6%
55 tds
6 ints
12.6 yards per attempt
204.6 rating

now obviously everyone won’t make the jump burrow made BUT there can be progression for sure in a new system. Rhett lashlee will help the qbs by counting down the sacks they will take with his playcalling and we finally will be able to stress a defense. Gives these guys another chance in new offense. No need to write them off just yet especially without seeing them in the new offense that is more qb friendly. We giving everybody else a chance offensively to redeem themselves but want to throw these guys to the side? How does that work... remember we had one of the worst offensive line play in all of college football and saw receivers struggle to get open in each of the last 3 games(we played 2 group of 5 times in that time span remind you and duke).... so no it’s not all on them.

Williams first year of playing in 2019
2184 yards
61.5%
19 tds
7 ints
8.0 yards per attempt
146.0 rating

Perry second year of playing in 2019
1045 yards
54.1%
8 tds
3 ints
6.7 yards per attempt
123.0 rating

With all of that being said as I’ve stated this case, if they don’t improve the mental processing of the game , leadership and mindset then all of this will be meaningless and we should just go on a different direction. But for now give everyone another chance. Jmo on the situation

Last edited:
Advertisement
As a former big fan of Jarren I would strongly disagree. This kid did not improved, showed his true colors in the bowl game, and most importantly he is NOT a smart QB on the field and that's being nice.

Jarren has never intimidated any one on a football field. Can't win with his legs, with his arms, and definitely not his head. Loser in HS and was cool with it cause he was QB1. Suitcase Jarren will be gone before our first game.

Advertisement
Back