Jarren Williams will be QB1 in 2020...

Yea, that's the issue here. Changing the system isn't going to change his maturity, leadership, etc. Talent is there. I just don't have confidence in finding a better solution. Not really a "give everyone a chance" stance from me. He completely blew that last year by all accounts. But if you're Manny Diaz, are you sending Jarren Williams in battle with your job on the line this year?
Short answer **** no. Jarren gonna have out shine for QB 1..question is do we have a QB who fits the system we want to run

Advertisement
I just wanted to see more of him in the bowl game. For me it was not a big enough sample size to pass judgement on him however when the pocket broke down and he took off I got excited but he went no where. It was like seeing a **** girl from the back with a nice *** in tight jeans and a fly weave but when see turned around she looked like Sam cassell 🤣
Jesus! Sounds like you are just waiting to see enough good plays, even if you have to sit through 100 times that amount of bad plays.

Short answer **** no. Jarren gonna have out shine for QB 1..question is do we have a QB who fits the system we want to run
MATOCHA!!! But really, I have no idea. I'm good with three transferring and TVD, Matocha, and a GT competing for the job. **** throw Proctor in there too.

Advertisement
MATOCHA!!! But really, I have no idea. I'm good with three transferring and TVD, Matocha, and a GT competing for the job. **** throw Proctor in there too.
Y’all want all our talented players to tranfer, what’s wrong with y’all? Lol

Totally disagree. If you want to blow up your program, then bring in another QB on top of the 4 you recruited and the transfer you brought in last year.

Secondly, Lashlee will evaluate his QBs in the Spring under his system. Why would you bring in another guy when haven't even evaluated your current QBs.

Lastly, Lashlee recruited N'kosi when he was at Auburn so he has a familiarity with him.
Don't care if Manny is hiring the ghost of Bill Walsh as offensive coordinator/QB coach, he's seen the guys in QB room for two and three years in some cases. If he hasn't evaluated them by now, then he deserves to be fired today - not next year. His *** is on the line & can't rely on QBs who have threatened to transfer, skip practice and do crazy ****. That doesn't even take into account their inconsistent, poor play on the field.
Again, would be surprised if Manny/Lashlee don't roll with a grad transfer and VanDyke.

I feel bad for our QB's - their coaching to date has positively sucked between the creases.

To complicate matters - our receivers - who should be some of the greatest actors this side of Hollywood - just weren't getting open very quickly. And when everything in a call went **** up - no one was running another emergency route to give the QB an open receiver even as the QB was running for his life.

But receivers on other teams did! They'd actually HELP their QB's.

Having said all that - mentally, Jarren is a hot mess. His opportunity to do well has passed - and leaks about his efforts off-field would suggest that hot mess is still a hot mess.

N'Kosi - well, he's game. Accuracy maybe not so good - but he's sacrificed himself on the field. Not the quickest decision maker - but I really hope that he'll be the man in this upcoming season - since -

we don't want to prematurely throw TVD in too fast - especially if he's not ready for prime time. That will ***** with a kid's head, too.

Advertisement
bc 2 of those 3 (perry aside since hes been the most mature this season) have been absolute **** shows on and off field
Perry was a sh*t show off the field in his redshirt freshman season too and wasn’t in his redshirt sophomore year. People change and mature you know.. Perry had his well documented issues in 2018 but was clean off the field in 2019 and that comes with the experience he gained the previous year. Despite what some may think the same thing can occur for Williams too

Last edited:
I repeat we had one of the 10 worst o lines in the country in front of our qbs. Give them another chance in a normalized situation

Don't care if Manny is hiring the ghost of Bill Walsh as offensive coordinator/QB coach, he's seen the guys in QB room for two and three years in some cases. If he hasn't evaluated them by now, then he deserves to be fired today - not next year. His *** is on the line & can't rely on QBs who have threatened to transfer, skip practice and do crazy ****. That doesn't even take into account their inconsistent, poor play on the field.
Again, would be surprised if Manny/Lashlee don't roll with a grad transfer and VanDyke.
Manny doesn't evaluate the QBs. That's the OC's job. The OC is going to decide who starts at QB. Sure the media will ask Manny, but Lashlee will tell him who the QB is and Manny will regurgitate it to the public.

Advertisement
So him missing wide open guys is on the OC..him short arming and sailing throws is on the OC..him making boneheaded decisions like lateraling the ball before HT is on the OC..bro stop. Enos was bad but he wasn’t all that bad in tally or when jarren was breaking records..jarren played like **** in those last 4 games..FIU he single handedly lost the game with the way he played..in the bowl game he constantly missed open guys

Exactly. Someone still calling JW "supremely accurate" fell asleep during the last 4 games of the season. I'm ready to move on from Brad Kaaya, Jr, I'll take literally anyone else at QB next year.

As a freshman, Jarren Williams had his good moments and bad moments. Be that as it may, his finals stats are the following:

61.5% 19 TD 7 Int.

Three of those interceptions came in one game when he was playing with a separated shoulder.

JW will be fine with competent coaching.

I knew we'd spend this offseason focused on Jarren's stats. This is the same as any offseason during the Kaaya years. You gotta watch these guys play, see what they do in big time situations. Stats are for suckers.

Advertisement
Perry was a sh*t show off the field in his redshirt freshman season too and wasn’t in his redshirt sophomore year. People change and mature you know.. Perry had his well documented issues in 2018 but was clean off the field in 2019 and that comes with the experience he gained the previous year. Despite what some may think the same thing can occur for Williams too

lack of prep, *****ing to leave every time the going gets tough, yeah sounds like a real leader tho

I knew we'd spend this offseason focused on Jarren's stats. This is the same as any offseason during the Kaaya years. You gotta watch these guys play, see what they do in big time situations. Stats are for suckers.

id kill for kaaya right now. kaaya at least had it down mentally. jarren has the tools to be good/great but lacks the mental side of it

and play very well. So you better get used to it. Why? Jarren has very good arm talent and no one can deny that. He can be supremely accurate. He showed us how good he can be. You saw the kid perform as a redshirt freshman under intense pressure in the Florida game. He never winced nor flinched. Sure he made some mistakes. He is supposed to make mistakes. He's a freshman. He wasn't getting the best assistance from his offensive coordinator. No one in their right mind would ever criticize Jarren after the Florida game by saying he didn't play good enough to win. Enos did. Now imagine dealing with that week after week. Enos killed ALL the QBs' confidence.

It wasn't just Jarren that held onto the ball too long. Nkosi Perry did the same thing. Even Tate Martell did it. So obviously, the quarterbacks were not seeing what Enos was seeing. Whose fault is that? Dan Enos. Luckily for us he is gone.

We have a quarterback coach and offensive coordinator that will run a system that is Tempo based and simplified to make the offense go. Jarren has the purest arm Talent on the team and will be the starter. And I truly hope that Manny does not play the sympathy role by starting a true freshman, if he is not ready, just to save his job.

We can win with Jarren. He showed us how good he can be. Now he, and the other quarterbacks, has someone that will not only be a coach to him but will be a friend to him. Quarterbacks need that more than any other position.
Lol no thanks that boy 🗑

Let's just go with our QB that has HEART and want to be here. Being proud to be A CANE . A mature young man that WANTS to be our leader to become WINNERS AGAIN

Advertisement
Back