Jarren Williams is the QB moving forward

2 of those were really good plays by the defense. I get it, Williams played bad, but he has shown the ability to not throw interceptions all season.
I think Perry played well, but the first pick should not have happened because of PI. Who know what happens if he doesn't throw the first one.

Advertisement
Just simple mechanics I feel like a QB should have. I do like the fact he at least tries to look through his reads... Perry stares his primary wr down every play. But honestly, it is hard to judge both when our oline is so horrible. I will say, Perry has shown he is definitely better with a bad oline than Williams tho.

Well that's what I'm getting at: Jarren would be better with a great offensive line, a running game, and a strong defense. We have none of those. Therefore, go with the guy who tries to make plays.

Advertisement
2 of those were really good plays by the defense. I get it, Williams played bad, but he has shown the ability to not throw interceptions all season.

I know you're trying to play the good cop. But

#1: Williams stared Harley down and tried to fit it in a tight window. But he doesn't have the arm strength for the type of throw and needs to understand that.

#2: Williams a second too late releasing that ball, allowing the DB to be in perfect position on an underthrow instead of perfect position in stride for his receiver

#3: Williams stared his guy down again and tried to aim that pass in stead of throwing it. Again, another underthrow instead of throwing more towards the sidelines, where his receiver has the best chance to to make the catch.

On 1 and 3, the defender jumped the routes...that's on the QB. On 2, the receiver was behind the throw...that's on the QB.

Well that's what I'm getting at: Jarren would be better with a great offensive line, a running game, and a strong defense. We have none of those. Therefore, go with the guy who tries to make plays.
Yeah, that makes more sense than what I was thinking.

Just simple mechanics I feel like a QB should have. I do like the fact he at least tries to look through his reads... Perry stares his primary wr down every play. But honestly, it is hard to judge both when our oline is so horrible. I will say, Perry has shown he is definitely better with a bad oline than Williams tho.

Disagree. Perry was going through his progressions today and using his eyes better than JW. Case in point, 2 of JWs picks were from him locking his eyes and going to his first option, leading to the defender jumping the route

Advertisement
Don’t disagree with Shanny Diaf. Perry is not very good and Williams is our long term answer. Williams had a sh1tty game but Perry is not the guy

Advertisement
Don’t disagree with Shanny Diaf. Perry is not very good and Williams is our long term answer. Williams had a sh1tty game but Perry is not the guy

I go with evidence on the field...and our offense scored 35 points in 3 quarters with Perry. The eye test showed that it looked better than at any time this season, and that includes the game against BCU

Disagree. Perry was going through his progressions today and using his eyes better than JW. Case in point, 2 of JWs picks were from him locking his eyes and going to his first option, leading to the defender jumping the route
Well yeah, this game Perry showed more improvement with that. But he is known for staring down his wrs. Not so much with Williams. Either way, I'm disagreeing with Manny now. We should start Perry.

If you still have strong feelings about which one of the mediocre QBs on our roster should start then you're overly excitable and should have a room temperature wine cooler and calm down.

**** doesn't matter. Nothing matters. Just take joy when a team you hate loses. Schadenfreude is all that is left.

Advertisement
there's no way in **** you bench someone coming off the bench that threw for 400+ yards and led you to watch should have been a 36-35 win with no running game and no field goal kicker.

none.

Hey man, not disagreeing there. I'm just saying what I think will happen. Perry becomes the permanent full time guy if JW shows nothing against UVA.

Advertisement
Back