Jarren out of QB race?

Brother c'mon man. I know you like tate. But the only thing unique about him is his legs. Besides that he has a different level of competitiveness to him. But dont **** on others for the **** of it
That's what I was referring to, I wasn't trying to **** on them. Apologies to all if it came out that way

Advertisement
Personally no. But you gotta realize the significance of lil john in that role. People really dont understand how worthless that man was at his title. Cant judge nkosi or any other qb with that crutch.
Do you think Tate has a chance to close the gap during fall camp? Just feel like he has the best work ethic and offers a level of dual threat ability the others don’t.

Personally no. But you gotta realize the significance of lil john in that role. People really dont understand how worthless that man was at his title. Cant judge nkosi or any other qb with that crutch.
That's why when people say well he didn't beat out Rosier or Perry and he got suspended I laugh because I don't think the Richts gave Jarren any oppurtunity to win and he got ****ed knowing he was better than what he saw on the field but had no chance. I think he just said to **** with it and checked out. Not the best but understandable. I think they mean it when they say clean slate and if that's the case there's no doubt in my mind Jarren is the one who can help us win more than any one else at this time.
Opportunity

Advertisement

This is what I keep telling y’all. Sure, Kosi was bad at times last year. But he also made throws that NO ONE else on this roster can make. Think 3rd and 10 to Jeff against FSU. Frozen rope where only his guy could make a play, manipulating the safeties with his eyes. Next snap, sees the coverage pre-snap, knows his guy Brevin is matched up against Derrick Brooks handicapped kid, moves the deep third safety with his eyes, gorgeous ball, Canes take the lead. I have no dog in this, and for my $0.02 I think Tate should start for a lot of reasons. But you can’t take ANYTHING from last year with Kosi other than he has an NFL arm. Other than that, he was flying blind out there. Coordinator was long figured out, DCs had nothing to prepare for because nothing changed, and his position coach was MAYBE qualified to be the QB coach at Gulliver Prep. Maybe. And that’s not hyperbole. Let’s see how all these kids do with a man who has done nothing but coach QBs at the highest of levels in CFB for 30 years.

This is what I keep telling y’all. Sure, Kosi was bad at times last year. But he also made throws that NO ONE else on this roster can make. Think 3rd and 10 to Jeff against FSU. Frozen rope where only his guy could make a play, manipulating the safeties with his eyes. Next snap, sees the coverage pre-snap, knows his guy Brevin is matched up against Derrick Brooks handicapped kid, moves the deep third safety with his eyes, gorgeous ball, Canes take the lead. I have no dog in this, and for my $0.02 I think Tate should start for a lot of reasons. But you can’t take ANYTHING from last year with Kosi other than he has an NFL arm. Other than that, he was flying blind out there. Coordinator was long figured out, DCs had nothing to prepare for because nothing changed, and his position coach was MAYBE qualified to be the QB coach at Gulliver Prep. Maybe. And that’s not hyperbole. Let’s see how all these kids do with a man who has done nothing but coach QBs at the highest of levels in CFB for 30 years.
Lol at throws no one can make when Jarren Williams is on the roster... and to a lesser extent tate martell. Kosi had a few good throws in the ga tech ,FSU and fiu game but outside of that left a lot to be desired with his arm tbh. I’m not going to understate that throw between 2 defenders to Jeff Thomas against FSU because that was very impressive. With that being said he also had a bevy of awful throws and showed bad pocket awareness at times

Averaging 4.6 yards per attempt in 140 throws in his last 8 Games. 4 for 86 on throws 20 yards or more in the last 4 games. Plus more horrific stats in that passage. I mean Guys can certainly improve but man That’s ******* pathetic and kind of hard to forget. This qb battle will certainly be interesting

Last edited:
Lol at throws no one can make when Jarren Williams is on the roster... and to a lesser extent tate martell

Averaging 4.6 yards per attempt in 140 throws in his last 8 Games. 4 for 86 on throws 20 yards or more in the last 40 games. Plus more horrific stats in that passage. I mean Guys can improve but man That’s ******* pathetic

to me kosi has a bad feel for the game. i could be wrong because of the coaching but i just dont see him as a stud.

Advertisement
Lol at throws no one can make when Jarren Williams is on the roster... and to a lesser extent tate martell. Kosi had a few good throws in the ga tech ,FSU and fiu game but outside of that left a lot to be desired with his arm tbh. I’m not going to understate that throw between 2 defenders to Jeff Thomas against FSU because that was very impressive. With that being he also had a bevy of awful throws and showed bad pocket awareness at times

Averaging 4.6 yards per attempt in 140 throws in his last 8 Games. 4 for 86 on throws 20 yards or more in the last 4 games. Plus more horrific stats in that passage. I mean Guys can certainly improve but man That’s ******* pathetic and kind of hard to forget. This qb battle will certainly be interesting

Neither kid has the arm Kosi does. Martell isn’t even close. And I don’t knock Martell as a passer, I think he’s better than what’s said here at times. But Williams is not making that throw to Thomas. And Martell isn’t even thinking about throwing it. Kosi has the most live arm on the team. The problem is, the rest of what you wrote is true and at times last year he was downright awful. But like I’ve said, he had absolutely zero coaching. None. So I’m willing to throw last year out and see what he can do with someone competent coaching him. Because that arm is legit. But is the brain?

Lol at throws no one can make when Jarren Williams is on the roster... and to a lesser extent tate martell. Kosi had a few good throws in the ga tech ,FSU and fiu game but outside of that left a lot to be desired with his arm tbh. I’m not going to understate that throw between 2 defenders to Jeff Thomas against FSU because that was very impressive. With that being he also had a bevy of awful throws and showed bad pocket awareness at times

My question for you is do you think Tate would’ve done better as our qb last year?! Cause I don’t see any qb being effective in that offense.

My question for you is do you think Tate would’ve done better as our qb last year?! Cause I don’t see any qb being effective in that offense.
Yes, He has a better arm than malik and is a dynamic runner. People can say what they want but tate martell was considered an elite talent coming out of highschool and is very much in the mold of McKenzie Milton imo and has some similarities with Johnny manziel with how quick he is. You don’t put up 109 tds 9 ints and go 45-0 in a career playing A lot of the best teams across the country week in and week out.

**** imo, malik rosier wouldn’t have even been as bad as he was last year if he was not benched in the fiu game which completely threw him off for the rest of the year. After that he lost whatever confidence he had for the season and seemed out of it. Remember malik just put up 5 tds vs toledo and probably had his best game as a cane before he was benched making timely throws on 3rd Downs in each of the 3rd and 4th quarter of that game. We certainly wouldn’t have lost to uva if he started that game which obviously affected the outcome for the rest of the season

Last edited:
Honestly yes? He has a better arm than malik and is a dynamic runner. People can say what they want but tate martell was an elite talent coming out of highschool and is very much in the mold of McKenzie Milton imo and has some similarities with Johnny manziel with how quick he is. You don’t put 109 tds 9 ints and go 45-0 in a career playing A lot of the best teams across the country week in and week out.

**** imo, malik rosier wouldn’t have even been as bad as he was last year if he was not benched in the fiu game which completely threw him off for the rest of the year. After that he lost whatever confidence he had for the season and seemed out of it. Remember malik just put up 5 tds vs toledo and probably had his best game as a cane before he was benched making timely throws on 3rd Downs in each of the 3rd and 4th quarter of that game. We certainly wouldn’t have lost to uva if he started that game which obviously affected the outcome for the rest of the season
I’m not sure about the Rosier take. Maybe Tate would’ve ran the read option better but besides that I don’t see a huge difference in production. That offense system was trash. I just don’t believe our players are what the stats say.

Advertisement
Yes, He has a better arm than malik and is a dynamic runner. People can say what they want but tate martell was considered an elite talent coming out of highschool and is very much in the mold of McKenzie Milton imo and has some similarities with Johnny manziel with how quick he is. You don’t put up 109 tds 9 ints and go 45-0 in a career playing A lot of the best teams across the country week in and week out.

so since the recent OSU report came out, is what tate said still hold true? fields seems to be struggling a bit where hes in a battle for the starting job.

so since the recent OSU report came out, is what tate said still hold true? fields seems to be struggling a bit where hes in a battle for the starting job.
That’s coach speak imo, fields was handed that job. Lincoln Riley ou head coach just came out and said the same thing that hurts hasn’t been named the starter either yet everyone knows that’s his job

That’s coach speak imo, fields was handed that job. Lincoln Riley ou head coach just came out and said the same thing that hurts hasn’t been named the starter either yet everyone knows that’s his job

well see if he was truly handed the job tho. doesn't OU have a five star stud freshman competing with hurts?

Advertisement
I think Diaz is wants Jarren to be the guy, however Diaz is putting his career on the line with Jarren. Jarren will be a good QB but he is the guy that you have to take some early lumps with.

Kosi is probably the guy that gets it if all things are even based on his experience. I don't see Diaz actually wanting him to be the face of the program.

Tate is the safest choice for Manny in my opinion. If Kosi doesn't perform well in camp and Jarren doesn't take a huge step I think Tate is going to be the guy vs UF.

Do you think Tate has a chance to close the gap during fall camp? Just feel like he has the best work ethic and offers a level of dual threat ability the others don’t.
Absolutely. Anyone who doesnt recognize tate was brought here to start is fooling themselves. He was just so ad in spring that he opened everything back up. Mean time hes definitely come around but nkosi & jarren both closed that gap in spring. All three of them have improved in spades under enos. Should be an interesting camp.

All three of them have improved in spades under enos

It is sickening to read people picking any one QB without the benefit of fall camp. And Last year doesn't count bc of little richt and big richt.

What dsddcane says above is the most important statement of this thread. If all three QBs improve dramatically
Then THE TEAM improves dramatically.

Advertisement
Back