Jarren out of QB race?

Lol he made 3 throws rolling to his opposite side and they were on the money. That's one of the most difficult throws any QB can make. Do I think UF will field a better defense? Of course but I still like Tate to do what he does.
He wasn't throwing the ball more than 10 yards it's not that hard. The only throw that impressed me was when he was rolling to the left and the wr was running to the sideline.

Advertisement
It's more about timing than arm strength. Dorsey couldn't throw the ball 55 yards very easily, but his timing was great. Kyle Wright could throw the ball 70 yards, but his timing, well, wasn't so great. Arm strength isn't the most important trait a QB can possess.
I have already said arm strength isn't the most important but you would like to have it.

He wasn't throwing the ball more than 10 yards it's not that hard. The only throw that impressed me was when he was rolling to the left and the wr was running to the sideline.
There were 3 of them and why are you so against short passes? You do know that moves the chains, just like his feet.

There were 3 of them and why are you so against short passes? You do know that moves the chains, just like his feet.
The other ones were not difficult throws. He just was dumping it off. And im not against short passes but i like a offense that can stretch the field.

Advertisement
Well good thing he has that and from highschool he showed good accuracy/arm strength. Enos was working with his mechanics this spring so we will see if he has improved
I don't know about his arm strength because he has yet to show it at the college level. Maybe it's mechanics. But my main issue with him and all the qbs is can they consistently make throws.

I'm tired of watching offenses were the qbs go on these long stretches of not being able to do anything. Hopefully enos can get some out of one these guys.

I don't know about his arm strength because he has yet to show it at the college level. Maybe it's mechanics. But my main issue with him and all the qbs is can they consistently make throws.

I'm tired of watching offenses were the qbs go on these long stretches of not being able to do anything. Hopefully enos can get some out of one these guys.
He can and so can the other ones, his other intangibles, which IMO are elite, is what will win him the job.
I get it man, I'm the most die hard Cane fan you'll find and after 15 years of dog *****, I get it. Before Tate or Fields were even talking of transferring, there was a thread on here about Tate being the next Johnny football. I had never heard of him before then but after seeing his film, I saw why. He posseses talents we have never had here and is also the direction college football is going. Along with Enos, I'm just excited mane, is it 8/24 yet?!

That even happened quite a bit with brad kaaya in terms of either missing or just bad ball placement down the field where the receiver couldn’t run in stride.

I agree

I normally don’t like to go down the rabbit hole of “what if” scenarios, but at this point I’ll ask: if Jarren ends up being #2, is that enough to keep him from transferring? Regardless of who the #1 is.
I dont know what jarren thinks, but if it’s a fair competition, it doesnt matter. If he doesnt deserve the job and wants to leave, so be it.

Advertisement
At this point, Tate may very well be in the lead. A recent article in the Herald gives us what I consider to be the best insight yet on Manny's thoughts about the QB race.

On Perry: “I think he’s improving. I do,’’ Diaz said. “I think he’s still learning. Quarterbacks don’t end up on lists. And that’s just the way it should be. Quarterbacks should not be high maintenance guys off the field...I would say N’Kosi, like all of them, is better. But I would not say that he’s figured it all out and is straight A’s across the board.”

On Jarren: “came out of spring knowing that Jarren can do it. Jarren can make throws, Jarren can process. I think Jarren’s standpoint is having the maturity to do it now...For Jarren,’’ Diaz replied, “it’s being the same guy every day. It could be something silly in the spring of calling the right play in the huddle or not going the wrong way on a run or missing a very obvious check at the line of scrimmage. That’s the mental thing you’ve got to have.

On Tate: "You could see it all click at little different times for the guys in spring. And that’s why we weren’t naming a starter in spring. Tate, it was Day 13...Tate came out Day 13 and 15 and just was dealing, and walked off the field feeling very confident about himself and it kind of changes his demeanor. Day 14 the same thing and then he went to Orlando and my opinion played very well in Orlando. So, he came out of spring with a lot of confidence.

So, at the moment, Perry's getting better but needs to keep his head out of his *** off the field, which should have never been a problem to begin with. Jarren has all the ability but it just hasn't clicked for him mentally as of yet - which I've suspected and mentioned in previous posts. And Tate finished the spring on a high note with his best performances in the final days of practice and in the spring game.

With that said, if either of the 3 QBs comes out and takes charge in the next few weeks, none of it will matter much. Manny knows he's potentially sitting on a monster with this team and a lot of that potential hinges on what we'll get from the QB position. I trust he & Enos will make the right call.

Full article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.mi...acc/university-of-miami/article232873682.html
Manny has everything at stake in the QB pick, and his season will rest on how this player performs.......Enos too by the way...

I have already said arm strength isn't the most important but you would like to have it.
Certainly, it's just not as important as accuracy, timing and decision making. Now if you have two QBs that have it all, and one has a stronger arm, you know full well who is starting.

Man, I can't wait for Friday so we can start arguing over how the QBs are doing in practice, not over how they did 4 months ago and earlier.

The crazy thing is that when practice starts on Friday, Manny and Dan will have 2 weeks to decide the starter for Florida and only 2 more weeks before that kid leads the team out of the tunnel. This competition is going to get real very quickly. Can't blink. Cue in Eminem's Lose Yourself.

I think that fact Martell basically pulled even with the other two despite his short time here speaks volumes.

Advertisement
Kosi numbers were far worse than I could Have even imagined in this article. Yikes :20161020-221306th:

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah. But nkosi was also consistent in the spring. For me I still want jarren to tighten up and take this job. As of friday well see how they get going.
After the way Nkosi played last season do you really have confidence in his ability to lead this team?

It's called knowing what I see. It doesn't matter who against, can you honestly say that the other QBs could do what he does? No.
Brother c'mon man. I know you like tate. But the only thing unique about him is his legs. Besides that he has a different level of competitiveness to him. But dont **** on others for the **** of it

Advertisement
Back