Jarren out of QB race?

Not saying Jarren is out, because I don't have a clue as to what is happening with the QB race, but there seems to be some truth to the fact that this is down to a two man race, at least in the eyes of Diaz. In the quote below, he starts out by acknowledging that after the spring he felt good about all 3 QB's. He then changed his tone later in the conversation. Who's the two guys? I don't know, but I just came across this quote from Diaz (SIAP)....

"We went from January 1st not having a quarterback on our campus we could win with, to on April 20th we had three quarterbacks on our campus we could win with. We had to go into the summer, let those guys be on their own, when coaches around allowed to watch, really found out who would take control of the football team.

Two of the guys want to be the quarterback at Miami, one of the guys has to be the quarterback at Miami. I don’t know which guy that is here. I’m going to find out here in the next two or three weeks. Whatever guy that is, he’ll take the first snap against Florida at Orlando on the 24th."
He is saying that whoever wants it the most is going to separate themselves. He is not commenting on where guys are now, because he makes clear that he doesn’t yet know who wants it the most.

Advertisement
Its obviously a 3 way race heading into fall practice. It was a 3 way race coming out of spring practice. Manny is about proving it on the field, so even if he thinks he knows who is behind or ahead, it doesn’t really matter until it happens in practice. If he went with his preference over the guy the team sees doing it in practice, he’d lose his halo fast. And whatever manny may think, he ain’t going to say, in any case. All the tarpt card reading and speculation here is bizarre.

It's undoubtedly a 3 man race because, if not, then we're basing it off Diaz's statement "two of the guys want to be the quarterback at Miami". The alternative interpretation thus means one of the three guys does not want to be the quarterback. And if that was the case we wouldn't waste snaps on him and he'd be gone.

You could very well be correct, my friend. I viewed it as a case of parapraxis on Diaz part, but I could definitely be wrong.

Yep, there’s lots of room for interpretation on that statement. You as well could be right. I just read it as him talking in the future tense, about one guy separating out, and two guys wanting to be the number one guy.

I have not seen him or heard him speak these quotes, and as we both know context is always so important. Voice inflection verbal cues, all that. Stuff that you already know.

Also I’ll be honest, I’m probably engaging in a little wishful thinking because I want to think that it will be a three-man race starting the first day of practice.

After that I just hope somebody starts to separate themselves out.

Advertisement
Idk if it hurts kosi but he hasn’t won the lifter of the week as the QB yet. But Tate has alarmist every week to me that shows he’s getting after it but who knows honestly just hope whoever the QB is can take this team over UF and win 10 hames

Its obviously a 3 way race heading into fall practice. It was a 3 way race coming out of spring practice. Manny is about proving it on the field, so even if he thinks he knows who is behind or ahead, it doesn’t really matter until it happens in practice. If he went with his preference over the guy the team sees doing it in practice, he’d lose his halo fast. And whatever manny may think, he ain’t going to say, in any case. All the tarpt card reading and speculation here is bizarre.
I agree

I normally don’t like to go down the rabbit hole of “what if” scenarios, but at this point I’ll ask: if Jarren ends up being #2, is that enough to keep him from transferring? Regardless of who the #1 is.

Not saying Jarren is out, because I don't have a clue as to what is happening with the QB race, but there seems to be some truth to the fact that this is down to a two man race, at least in the eyes of Diaz. In the quote below, he starts out by acknowledging that after the spring he felt good about all 3 QB's. He then changed his tone later in the conversation. Who's the two guys? I don't know, but I just came across this quote from Diaz (SIAP)....

"We went from January 1st not having a quarterback on our campus we could win with, to on April 20th we had three quarterbacks on our campus we could win with. We had to go into the summer, let those guys be on their own, when coaches around allowed to watch, really found out who would take control of the football team.

Two of the guys want to be the quarterback at Miami, one of the guys has to be the quarterback at Miami. I don’t know which guy that is here. I’m going to find out here in the next two or three weeks. Whatever guy that is, he’ll take the first snap against Florida at Orlando on the 24th."

Could he be thinking that whoever falls down to 3rd string is Portal bound, therefore reducing it to a 2 man race? I don’t know @reg , that quote could be taken as you thought too. Seems we will have to wait until the first few weeks of Fall camp to find out for certain.

For my money, give me the QB who has the intangibles that Enos can’t coach up, the bravado to play the position, but as well someone who’s more importantly in the film room day and night, coming up with tendencies of the defense we’ll be facing and how best to exploit them. If all three have become that versed now, then great because iron sharpens iron. I’m just tired of the horrific QB play that a wet noodle that can hit 60% accuracy I’d take. But if you’ve got a gun to my head and forced me to pick one QB to start 8/24, it’s going to be Martell. He has everything I look for in a QB, and his familiarity with the receivers and tight ends should be, SHOULD BE as such that his accuracy is on point for Fall camp. If he does that, has fixed his play from under center - then he’s got all the components to be a very good QB here. There will be no excuses for any of the 3 to play badly during camp - all three know what the exact expectations are for the starting QB at Miami now with Manny and Dan on board.

I will say tate has basically ironed out ALL of the kinks from when he first got here. Whether it was nervesbor as he told me taking his medication,hes definitely alot more fluid with what hes doing and hes not throwing a lame duck ball anymore. Hes actually throwing a **** nice ball. However it's important to notice this is in shorts with no one coming at him... as of now nkosi is far ahead

Advertisement
Dsddcane, is it your thoughts that since N’Kosi is so far ahead that it’s a far gone conclusion that unless he mucks it up in Fall camp, that he’s cemented the starting role at QB? Or does Tate have a shot to overtake him for the job? And what happened to Jarren that he’s fallen all the way to the 3rd spot?

I will say tate has basically ironed out ALL of the kinks from when he first got here. Whether it was nervesbor as he told me taking his medication,hes definitely alot more fluid with what hes doing and hes not throwing a lame duck ball anymore. Hes actually throwing a **** nice ball. However it's important to notice this is in shorts with no one coming at him... as of now nkosi is far ahead
That’s great to hear and a **** of an endorsement for N’Kosi if he’s “far ahead” and yet Tate is throwing a **** nice ball. Good stuff.

That quote is as straight forward as it gets. He's saying two of the three only WANT to be the QB but one of the three NEEDS to be the QB and the one who needs it will win. I don't see how u interpret that any other way.
As I've said in my response to everyone else regarding this matter, you could be correct. It's very possible and plausible, maybe even likely, that I misinterpreted his quote.

Regarding a separate matter, I have a simple request. You've made it known to other posters that you never respond to them because they are irrelevant to you. I respectively and sincerely request to be added to your list of deplorable peasants.

Thanks, in advance!

Just come out and say u don't think he will start. Own it. Don't hide behind "I just want the best QB". Everyone in this fanbase wants the best QB. Some of us are just man enough to say who they think the best QB is.

Oh, and I saw him make every throw while having the best spring game out of all the QBs. I saw him make a pin point throw while scrambling to the left. 60 yard TD bomb I saw that too.

Which is the 60-yd bomb? Rutgers throw? Because the one from the spring game was like a 15 yard throw that went 70 yards lol.

Advertisement
The pressure stats will say it all. Coaches have to figure out a way to put them into game situations to determine the starter.

If we're laughing at Franks for how crappy he is under pressure, go back and watch Perry under pressure and look at his stats. He's worse. The Perry of 2019 would lost the starting spot 10 out of 10 times to Martell.

The good news for Perry is it's 2020 and he starts with a clean slate. He was a project coming in, and had zero development from John Richt. So this is his first real QB coach in his career. He was also a little immature, and looks to be getting mentally stronger. So, yeah, I could see a major leap forward with him. But just throwing dimes in shorts with no threat of being hit by Garvin and company doesn't really impress me. Brad Kaaya was a first-rounder in that controlled environment.

So until Perry proves it, I'm rolling with what I saw on film in Tate's Spring Game, Ohio State games and high school games. Limited to be sure. But consistently shows he can make plays and his best quality is when he is under pressure.

Advertisement
Wait, Tate is on meds? For what?

Advertisement
Back