Jarren out of QB race?

Advertisement
The pressure stats will say it all. Coaches have to figure out a way to put them into game situations to determine the starter.

If we're laughing at Franks for how crappy he is under pressure, go back and watch Perry under pressure and look at his stats. He's worse. The Perry of 2019 would lost the starting spot 10 out of 10 times to Martell.

The good news for Perry is it's 2020 and he starts with a clean slate. He was a project coming in, and had zero development from John Richt. So this is his first real QB coach in his career. He was also a little immature, and looks to be getting mentally stronger. So, yeah, I could see a major leap forward with him. But just throwing dimes in shorts with no threat of being hit by Garvin and company doesn't really impress me. Brad Kaaya was a first-rounder in that controlled environment.

So until Perry proves it, I'm rolling with what I saw on film in Tate's Spring Game, Ohio State games and high school games. Limited to be sure. But consistently shows he can make plays and his best quality is when he is under pressure.

Exactly.

As my old coach used to say: "I don't care how good the kid looks in his underwear, you never know how good he is until a hit rattles the snot out of his face."

(he had a lot of good expressions like that one … just saying).

Maybe he did but go watch that deep ball he threw at osu. The wr had to stop to catch it. I even watched one of his elite 11 videos and the same thing happened.
Yeah I’ve never said that was a good ball, still a td at the end of the day but better ball placement was needed there for sure. I noticed Justin fields threw an even worse ball in the spring game for osu that was an even shorter throw yet fans were trying to praise his arm strength on the throw and I thought it was laughable at best

Advertisement
Yeah I’ve never said that was a good ball, still a td at the end of the day but better ball placement was needed there for sure. I noticed Justin fields threw an even worse ball in the spring game for osu that was an even shorter throw yet fans were trying to praise his arm strength on the throw and I thought it was laughable at best
If you watch the wr, he tripped up before turning to look for the ball. That slight hesitation is likely why Tate hesitated as well. Regardless, as you said, TD and all the receiver did was turn around. He has plenty of arm to move the chains and score.

Like i said before it isn't all about arm strength but it does help your offense when you have a guy who can push the ball downfield.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He is an elite playmaker. From high school, to running all over OSU scout team, to the opportunity he got in games. Oregon St, Rutgers and Tulane. Throws are throws and elite traits are elite traits.
All those throws but one were short to open guys. He made one throw where a DB had good coverage. If he is the guy it's goinng to be much different going vs uf as opposed to those teams backups.

It's called knowing what I see. It doesn't matter who against, can you honestly say that the other QBs could do what he does? No.
Dude its like me hyping perry up off lighting up fiu. And fiu is better than those teams tate played against. It's easy to look good vs shîtty competition.

Advertisement
He is an elite playmaker. From high school, to running all over OSU scout team, to the opportunity he got in games. Oregon St, Rutgers and Tulane. Throws are throws and elite traits are elite traits.

I don’t care who starts at QB just play like a Miami QB is supposed too

But specific to Tate vs Kosi actual played games......I’ll take Kosi’s FSU game over Tate’s entire catalogue

I'm just happy we have three seemingly good options to choose from. That's a lot better than last year when the discussion was whether Perry could possibly do a worse job than Rosier.

My concerns have primarily been focus and football IQ with Perry. Both those can be addressed with a good coach.

All those throws but one were short to open guys. He made one throw where a DB had good coverage. If he is the guy it's goinng to be much different going vs uf as opposed to those teams backups.
Lol he made 3 throws rolling to his opposite side and they were on the money. That's one of the most difficult throws any QB can make. Do I think UF will field a better defense? Of course but I still like Tate to do what he does.

Maybe he did but go watch that deep ball he threw at osu. The wr had to stop to catch it. I even watched one of his elite 11 videos and the same thing happened.
It's more about timing than arm strength. Dorsey couldn't throw the ball 55 yards very easily, but his timing was great. Kyle Wright could throw the ball 70 yards, but his timing, well, wasn't so great. Arm strength isn't the most important trait a QB can possess.

Advertisement
Back