Jarren out of QB race?

Advertisement
Lifter of the week has very little to do with how much weight they're actually lifting 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️
I know that. Not saying Tate is outlifting our Oline. But I guarantee Dorsey was no gym rat hitting the weights extra hard. Problem is when fanboys latch onto their favorite player and pretend that every little thing is the reason why they should be the starter over the others. Tate has proven exactly NOTHING yet. Neither has Perry, neither has Williams. Tate being a gym rat doesn't mean he's going to be a better QB than the other two. Let it play out and stop searching for meaningless reasons to show "your boy" is the best.

anyone remember Manny saying that he chose Osborn to rep at the ACC because of his work ethic? said something like, they guy that wins the sprints putting in the effort ect.. that's important to Manny.. So to the ones thinking Martell winning Lifter of the week isn't being noticed, your kidding yourselves. I think Manny will take the guy that works the hardest rather then the guy with experience or better arm anyday. And not a Martell homer, just starting to think he's the guy..

anyone remember Manny saying that he chose Osborn to rep at the ACC because of his work ethic? said something like, they guy that wins the sprints putting in the effort ect.. that's important to Manny.. So to the ones thinking Martell winning Lifter of the week isn't being noticed, your kidding yourselves. I think Manny will take the guy that works the hardest rather then the guy with experience or better arm anyday. And not a Martell homer, just starting to think he's the guy..
Not saying it doesn't get noticed, but some are trying to pretend it's supremely important. Some people are naturally gym rats, doesn't mean they are better players than those who aren't. I'm sure there are walk-ons who live in the gym...doesn't mean they'll get a starting position for it. Tate may well be the guy at the end, and if so, great, because that means he was the best choice per the coaches. But it's ridiculous when fanboys who have man crushes on one of the QBs pretends every minor thing proves he's the best. Same as the self-proclaimed "Kosi hive" do with Perry. All three have a lot of potential. Dismissing the others because your pet favorite likes lifting weights more, or has better grades, or is a nicer person, is silly.

Not saying it doesn't get noticed, but some are trying to pretend it's supremely important. Some people are naturally gym rats, doesn't mean they are better players than those who aren't. I'm sure there are walk-ons who live in the gym...doesn't mean they'll get a starting position for it. Tate may well be the guy at the end, and if so, great, because that means he was the best choice per the coaches. But it's ridiculous when fanboys who have man crushes on one of the QBs pretends every minor thing proves he's the best. Same as the self-proclaimed "Kosi hive" do with Perry. All three have a lot of potential. Dismissing the others because your pet favorite likes lifting weights more, or has better grades, or is a nicer person, is silly.
I agree, but if they are neck and neck I’d go with the hardest worker for sure. Can’t teach work ethic. The fanboys are hilarious, if it’s not Tate or kosi CIS is going to explode lol

Advertisement
:rolleyes:

dsdcane literally told you nkosi is miles ahead
I got the impression Kosi might 2b to Jarren. Enos wants talent AND mentally sharp qbs. Each QB is immensely talented physically, but from all reports that Tate is a tape/playbook guy and Jarren has all the arm talent and on field sharpness while Kosi is mentally ways away, its seem like its:

1) Tate
1a) Jarren
1b) kosi

I don't know how you make a comparison to Jarren and Tate when neither of those two have played any significant snaps to critique. We only have a small sample size from the Spring.

I would think reading defenses is about learning and preparation. I'm sure N'kosi is/was behind in that category because both Jarren and Tate learned those skills in high school. However, it doesn't mean that N'kosi can't develop those skills. We'll see how it plays out in Fall camp.

We'll know who the starter is going to be in less than 3 weeks.
He is going off the installations and practices/scrimmages from a point of full context and insight. We don't have those last two items,

While I agree with you, Diaz is trying hard to instill a tremendous work ethic into the team. He very well could reward Martell with the starting job due to his work ethic as a sign to every other position on the team. Now, that doesn't mean Martell won't have a short leash, but I can see Diaz doing this. If all things are even close to equal, Diaz will more than likely go with the hardest worker. Then, if that guy fails on game day, it's next man up. If he succeeds, it's a mighty big lesson for the whole team.

Advertisement
I know that. Not saying Tate is outlifting our Oline. But I guarantee Dorsey was no gym rat hitting the weights extra hard. Problem is when fanboys latch onto their favorite player and pretend that every little thing is the reason why they should be the starter over the others. Tate has proven exactly NOTHING yet. Neither has Perry, neither has Williams. Tate being a gym rat doesn't mean he's going to be a better QB than the other two. Let it play out and stop searching for meaningless reasons to show "your boy" is the best.
So I'm a fanboy because I said if no one pulls away from each other they go with Tate? You stuck on stupid lol

If I remember correctly Enos has given each QB a list of things they had to work on in the summer.
Obviously the player who did their work these last few months will be the favorite to start.
All these other factors and issues being brought up here are also going to be evaluated, but only Enos knows what he is looking for to start.
Hopefully they all improved and they are all equal and these next couple of weeks will be crucial in breaking the tie.

Bro did someone snatch your girl or something? Jesus Christ you're an emotional one 😂😂

I don't think anyone is saying it's super important, but likely will play a role. That's straight from Diaz's mouth. He'll be sitting with Feeley to assess everyone's work. I personally think Feeley will be able to provide some insight on which of the three can lead and who the team rallies behind. Unsung (not so much anymore) role of the S&C coach. They'll know more about each player than any staff member.

Advertisement
I got the impression Kosi might 2b to Jarren. Enos wants talent AND mentally sharp qbs. Each QB is immensely talented physically, but from all reports that Tate is a tape/playbook guy and Jarren has all the arm talent and on field sharpness while Kosi is mentally ways away, its seem like its:

1) Tate
1a) Jarren
1b) kosi

There's a 0.00% chance that Kosi is 3rd heading into camp.

If the QB battle is too close to call, Enos gonna have da bois do max squats to see who starts.

Advertisement
Bro did someone snatch your girl or something? Jesus Christ you're an emotional one 😂😂
Dude, you're the one that got all bent out of shape because I pointed out that being "lifter of the week" doesn't equal good QB. I just pointed out that some of the all-time great QBs in college history would never be lifter of the week. Sorry someone had a different opinion than you. Go cry somewhere else.

Dude, you're the one that got all bent out of shape because I pointed out that being "lifter of the week" doesn't equal good QB. I just pointed out that some of the all-time great QBs in college history would never be lifter of the week. Sorry someone had a different opinion than you. Go cry somewhere else.
To say Dorsey could NEVER be lifter of the week just shows your incompetence

Advertisement
Back