Jarren out of QB race?

Advertisement
Anyone discounting Kosi's talent is delusional... He made throws last year that we haven't seen here in a long, long time.

One thing to have talent, another to do something with it. As I've said before, Perry is in his third year here. He should be the front runner by a good margin. He's not for a reason.

Crazier than a desperate HC, needing any momentum he could get, would offer a highly touted transfer QB the starting job to get him to commit?

The beauty is we will see soon enough

Edit-Took out an unnecessary smug jibe

You’re going to see whoever is the best guy is going to win the quarterback spot. What other schools did or didn’t do is irrelevant to what happens here. But apparently you think there’s some mystical connection.

Last edited:
One thing to have talent, another to do something with it. As I've said before, Perry is in his third year here. He should be the front runner by a good margin. He's not for a reason.

It’s Martell’s 3rd year in college too.

Third year “here” means NOTHING.

Why can’t you guys understand this? It’s. A. Totally. New. Offense. And. Staff.

...so the ones thinking Martell winning Lifter of the week isn't being noticed, your kidding yourselves. I think Manny will take the guy that works the hardest ...

LOL - Manny is going to take the guy that he thinks is going to help him WIN the game. His job and reputation are on the line. In three weeks he’s not gonna give a shlt about who win lifter of the week, him and Enos are going to evaluate who gives them the best chance to win. End of ******* story

Advertisement
y’all need to chill lmao. 20 pages of this even though we all know we’re gonna know who the guy is in a few short weeks. may the best man win

There's a 0.00% chance that Kosi is 3rd heading into camp.
I think your idea of third differs from what 3rd actually means right. Now. That’s why I broke it down as 1, 1a, 1b. I think they are all even to be honest. And I know Enos has an offense set for all three. So all things literally being equal, what’s the biggest thing that would keep any of these QBs from winning? I think that answer is unequivocally is the mental game. If we have three Ken Dorsey’s, and one doesn’t have the playbook down and shows poor on field decisions, I don’t see that guy winning. And for @dsddcane to say that mentally he’s behind speaks volumes, especially that we know Tate’s football IQ and Jarrens on field decision making.

Nobody knows ****. Guys like @dsddcane certainly know more than the rest of us because they are actually able to watch them practice, but for anyone to act like the starter has already been appointed is foolish and premature. Manny himself probably doesn't definitively know who will start, let alone a bunch of fans sitting behind keyboards. Let's at least wait for fall camp to play out a bit before jumping to conclusions.

Advertisement
Absolutely. Anyone who doesnt recognize tate was brought here to start is fooling themselves. He was just so ad in spring that he opened everything back up. Mean time hes definitely come around but nkosi & jarren both closed that gap in spring. All three of them have improved in spades under enos. Should be an interesting camp.

Is there one QB the WRs think has separated himself? Or do they still see it as a pretty close race?

You’re going to see whoever is the best guy is going to win the quarterback spot. What other schools did or didn’t do is irrelevant to what happens here. But apparently you think there’s some mystical connection.
Can't wait to read the coach speech that Enos and Diaz have about Martell in a couple of weeks

Topics of the speech:
- Great work ethic (first to get in last to get out, locker room guy, great leader and so on)
- Great Athlete
- Commitment to win
- Playmaker

So purly from the logic of the argument, which "plot" is it?

The Kosi or Williams backers telling us last year's simplified offense and QB were some of the the worst ever; but neither Q could take the #1 spot.

or,

The Kosi or Willaims backers now telling us they matured, will be better decision makers in a complicated new offense; but Tate was promised the #1 spot.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Perry has short legs.......good god!
I'm addicted to CIS and I can't even stop reading some of the ridiculous things on it.

I guess I'm the loser.
Maybe the organization has to go back to the old days. Bring back the QB UNIVERSITY. it's NOT working. As a contributor to this program. My patience is running low

Advertisement
I know that. Not saying Tate is outlifting our Oline. But I guarantee Dorsey was no gym rat hitting the weights extra hard. Problem is when fanboys latch onto their favorite player and pretend that every little thing is the reason why they should be the starter over the others. Tate has proven exactly NOTHING yet. Neither has Perry, neither has Williams. Tate being a gym rat doesn't mean he's going to be a better QB than the other two. Let it play out and stop searching for meaningless reasons to show "your boy" is the best.
Kenny was a Gamefilm/studying Freak....if he wasn't watching Gamefilm, he was at home with GF playing video games

Kenny was a Gamefilm/studying Freak....if he wasn't watching Gamefilm, he was at home with GF playing video games

the fanboys have turned the QB race into a 90s boy band battle. no one has answered why x is better than y based on what we all saw other than some random quotes by a strength coach (who will not be deciding the QB race). till enos says it or we see more of X or Y or Z killing it in the next month, everyone is jumping to a lot of conclusions

One of the knocks on Perry last year was that he disliked watching film. Any word on whether he's changed on that front? That's a big part of developing football IQ.

Advertisement
Back