Jarren out of QB race?

I will say this.... If Martell starts we will get more ESPN games that's for sure. He is a TV draw.
Idk about games, but we would get twice the amount of coverage as we did in 2017 with him at QB and a 10 win season. In 2017 we didn't have a player who was the face. The Turnover Chain was the face. Him as the face of a 10 win Miami team will get us more pub then we've seen in a long time.

Advertisement
Idk about games, but we would get twice the amount of coverage as we did in 2017 with him at QB and a 10 win season. In 2017 we didn't have a player who was the face. The Turnover Chain was the face. Him as the face of a 10 win Miami team will get us more pub then we've seen in a long time.

miamii has always been a huge draw. they have multiple miami games as ESPNs top rated games ever. miami draws eyeballs (esp relevant miami).

miamii has always been a huge draw. they have multiple miami games as ESPNs top rated games ever. miami draws eyeballs (esp relevant miami).
U completely missed the point. We haven't had a player with a bigger brand than his at the most important position on the field in a long time. The pub is different when u have a "face of the franchise" type QB.

U completely missed the point. We haven't had a player with a bigger brand than his at the most important position on the field in a long time. The pub is different when u have a "face of the franchise" type QB.
What do you mean by bigger brand? I don't know if he'll win the comp or not but right now he's a back up and a transfer. What has he done so far that makes him a face of the franchise type qb?

What do you mean by bigger brand? I don't know if he'll win the comp or not but right now he's a back up and a transfer. What has he done so far that makes him a face of the franchise type qb?

right now his rep is that he ran away from comp at OSU (i disagree but thats the national perspective on him). all 3 are highly recruited QBs coming out of HS who havent done much since. i will be fair to tate as i was to perry and the IG crap tate does has the ability to get us into more trouble than bring us more pop. i know theyre kids, but we see pro athletes get in trouble over their social media all the time. ****, we had Ray Ray gone after positng pics of prime 112 on his accounts

Advertisement
Bigger brand meaning he's the most marketable. U put his name in a headline and you're going to get more clicks. U put him as the thumbnail and you're going to get views. Dude posted one pic of him and his GF and multiple articles were written. That doesn't happen with any other player on our team. That should tell u how big his brand is. All of that is free pub for The U as a whole.

@hoops156 we delete messages now? 😂
inCollage_20190724_094133644.jpg

right now his rep is that he ran away from comp at OSU (i disagree but thats the national perspective on him). all 3 are highly recruited QBs coming out of HS who havent done much since. i will be fair to tate as i was to perry and the IG crap tate does has the ability to get us into more trouble than bring us more pop. i know theyre kids, but we see pro athletes get in trouble over their social media all the time. ****, we had Ray Ray gone after positng pics of prime 112 on his accounts
I don't hate on anybody for transferring. I'd rather play then sit the bench. Hopefully he wasn't guaranteed the job and still needs to compete at Miami for playing time.

Bigger brand meaning he's the most marketable. U put his name in a headline and you're going to get more clicks. U put him as the thumbnail and you're going to get views. Dude posted one pic of him and his GF and multiple articles were written. That doesn't happen with any other player on our team. That should tell u how big his brand is. All of that is free pub for The U as a whole.
In general I know what you mean by bigger brand. I don't follow the players as close as you do so I'll take your word on the pub he gets. I just find it weird he's got some big brand when (not hating, just pointing out) he hasn't done anything in college yet except transfer. What has he done so far to warrant the attention? As it sits right now he's not the starter.

Advertisement
I don't hate on anybody for transferring. I'd rather play then sit the bench. Hopefully he wasn't guaranteed the job and still needs to compete at Miami for playing time.

In general I know what you mean by bigger brand. I don't follow the players as close as you do so I'll take your word on the pub he gets. I just find it weird he's got some big brand when (not hating, just pointing out) he hasn't done anything in college yet except transfer. What has he done so far to warrant the attention? As it sits right now he's not the starter.

He was actually already a pretty big name in Highschool. Was undefeated and on a TV Show.

He is a ****y qb in the Baker Mayfield mold and that kind of personality draws in the media/public attention.

What has Tate done to get us in trouble on IG? Take pictures with his gf? Lol

What has Tate done to get us in trouble on IG? Take pictures with his gf? Lol

no im saying it can lead to issues down the road. again i was on perry when his whole nonsense w the money, obvious video, so it would be fair that im the same to tate. ****, if a former player has issues w it, then thats more than enough for me conisdering he would have more access to these kids than any of us do

no im saying it can lead to issues down the road. again i was on perry when his whole nonsense w the money, obvious video, so it would be fair that im the same to tate. ****, if a former player has issues w it, then thats more than enough for me conisdering he would have more access to these kids than any of us do
Lol

Advertisement
He was actually already a pretty big name in Highschool. Was undefeated and on a TV Show.

He is a ****y qb in the Baker Mayfield mold and that kind of personality draws in the media/public attention.
That's right, I forgot about the tv show. Now I'm getting it. He's still got to win the comp but now I'm getting the brand thing.

Again.... you’re saying posting pictures with his gf can cause problems down the road? No offense, but that’s unbelievably dumb.

Again.... you’re saying posting pictures with his gf can cause problems down the road? No offense, but that’s unbelievably dumb.

no not posting pics with his gf. getting into IG beefs w rnadom people (according to romberg at least) and the more public he makes his personal life, the more it CAN lead to issues. be fair with it, we criticized perry for his social media use but were okay with tate and him posting certain pics with his gf and going at trolls? we criticized rosier for doing the same (going at trolls) last year, as well. we all know tates family isnt shy from being in the spotlight and IG world. i criticized perry and before that Ray Ray for their SM use so im not going to give this one a pass bc hes the ballyhooed transfer.

Advertisement
That's right, I forgot about the tv show. Now I'm getting it. He's still got to win the comp but now I'm getting the brand thing.

fields and the UGA qb were both on the show, as well along with some random wake, ISU, and wake QB.

no not posting pics with his gf. getting into IG beefs w rnadom people (according to romberg at least) and the more public he makes his personal life, the more it CAN lead to issues. be fair with it, we criticized perry for his social media use but were okay with tate and him posting certain pics with his gf and going at trolls? we criticized rosier for doing the same (going at trolls) last year, as well. we all know tates family isnt shy from being in the spotlight and IG world. i criticized perry and before that Ray Ray for their SM use so im not going to give this one a pass bc hes the ballyhooed transfer.

Perry was posting him having *** and flashing wads of cash. That’s nothing close to posting pictures of your girl and then defending her. Also, it’s not comparable to Rosier either. Rosier went at fans after a good game vs Toledo. TOLEDO. You’ll always get mad fun of for telling fans to shush after beating Toledo 😂

Perry was posting him having *** and flashing wads of cash. That’s nothing close to posting pictures of your girl and then defending her. Also, it’s not comparable to Rosier either. Rosier went at fans after a good game vs Toledo. TOLEDO. You’ll always get mad fun of for telling fans to shush after beating Toledo 😂

ok. if perry had posted the same pics and going at trolls on SM, would you feel the same or is it okay bc tate is dating an IG model? all im saying is i will criticize him for the same as the other guys on this team. if you dont think, these posts will become an issue with fans when we start losing games, youre kidding yourself. we had tons of posts last year talking about how perry isnt focused and too much on SM (even before the video became full on public). ****, if tate wins the job and we get blown the eff out in orlando like we did in dallas, the goodwill and love will end esp if QB play is the issue (really OL and QB is the only red flags that i see would be the reason we lose to UF).

Advertisement
Back