Jarren not throwing at practice

Advertisement
I dont. just put Perry in the gun and spread out the field. our offense has looked MUCH better whenever enos is forced to go gun spread (when we fall behind big early). I hate the gimmicks with other QBs. keep tate prepared in case our OL kills another QB
Lol our Oline is the most savage defense our qbs have faced all year. Our Oline is the most savage defense any qb in the nation will face.

In case you haven’t noticed our staff doesn’t always play the best players....if this was the first instance i could roll with who the played over another guy...but it isn’t. This is a pattern.

I am not there at practice everyday to determine for coaches who are the best players. It's common practice around here to always deem the guy on the bench the best guy (if the starter sucks) until, you know, he actually starts and then it's blatantly apparent why he was not starting to begin with.

Perry has definitely improved from last year but I still am concerned with his decisions where to go with the ball on a consistent basis. He is capable of making big time throws as much as he is capable of throwing it to the wrong team. Enos did work wonders with Hurts last year when he replaced Tua due to injury. I hope Enos earns that million dollar paycheck this week and has Perry ready to ball.

Advertisement
so what does that tell you in their faith in Perry? We may find out exactly on Friday why Perry wasn't starter. Hope I am surprised.

Hopefully no more "alien spaceships show up and bring back another guy" .... Guess we will see

Smoke screen or doing his best to protect a kid's delicate psyche. Williams does have a history of fits and transfer threats. What do you think he'd do if Diaz sits up there and says "yeah, we're opening it up and giving Perry a shot". Williams would low key lose his **** so Diaz has to be diplomatic about it IMO. Enos told us exactly what was going on and only changed his story once reporters told him what Manny said.

the only smokescreen is the fact Jarren is hurt. But you believe what you want.

Advertisement
OL allowed him to put up those numbers.
The score did as well being down 28-0. ANY oc is going to call plays to get back in a game so that primarily means passing will be priority #1,2,3 in those games. With that being said Perry did very well given the situation he was put in regardless

Last edited:
See a lot of people dogging Williams on here and twitter so I am rooting for the kid to bounce back regardless. He had a terrible game doesn’t mean he can’t come back from it... if Perry gets the start I'm going to root for him too, just get the win at the end of the day.

I hope Jarren can bounce back. So sad people treating him like trash after one bad quarter. Folks forget he balled out on the road against UNC. He even brought us back from a double-digit deficit in that game only to be let down by the defense.

If Kosi starts, I'll support, but people acting like he is a savior are are misguided. I remember the first half of the FSU game last year and how bad Perry looked. I remember him passing for 52 yards under 50% completion against Pitt.
Jarren is a young qb, he earned the right to redeem himself. We are not playing for a NC no way.
If Jarren bad play continues than put Perry in.

Tate Martell should be the starting QB against Virginia. If Manny wants to turn this thing around, save the season and save the recruiting class he needs to show that this is a different team. Perry and Williams might win a few games for us, but the mentality with the team will be the same regardless. If Tate starts and we win out, we'll be a different team heading into 2020. Start Williams or Perry at your own peril, Manny Diaz.
Agree but **** must run the right offense.

Advertisement
I am not there at practice everyday to determine for coaches who are the best players. It's common practice around here to always deem the guy on the bench the best guy (if the starter sucks) until, you know, he actually starts and then it's blatantly apparent why he was not starting to begin with.

Perry has definitely improved from last year but I still am concerned with his decisions where to go with the ball on a consistent basis. He is capable of making big time throws as much as he is capable of throwing it to the wrong team. Enos did work wonders with Hurts last year when he replaced Tua due to injury. I hope Enos earns that million dollar paycheck this week and has Perry ready to ball.

Agree. 👍

They score on a good tip by Mallory on a Hail Mary(wouldn't give Perry credit), and we scored 1 TD in the 3rd Quarter? We're down 28-14 going into the 4th and that's when Enos started to open up the Offense. Thru 3 quarters Perry's #'s were ok 14-24 230 yds. 2 TD's 1INT, in the 4th Perry stats 14-23 2 TD's 192 yds.

If he doesn't come in, we lose by 45 at least. Get real, clown.

Advertisement
The score did as well being down 28-0. Yards. ANY oc is going to call plays to get back in a game so that primarily means passing will be priority #1,2,3 in those games. With that being said Perry did very well given the situation he was put in regardless

Obviously. But JW wouldn't have put up those numbers. That's the point. The OL and offense in general looks godawful with statue check-down, yet looks like we can put up some points and have time to throw downfield with a guy who can move around a little and take some risks downfield.

Tate Martell should be the starting QB against Virginia. If Manny wants to turn this thing around, save the season and save the recruiting class he needs to show that this is a different team. Perry and Williams might win a few games for us, but the mentality with the team will be the same regardless. If Tate starts and we win out, we'll be a different team heading into 2020. Start Williams or Perry at your own peril, Manny Diaz.

What makes you think Tate Martel is any good? He didn't exactly light it up in the spring. He can move but this is not HS. Based on the limited action I saw from him, he can't see the field well due to his height and his arm is suspect, both in strength and accuracy. He is certainly not going to be running up and down the field like he did in HS, he'll get killed.

Advertisement
Back