Jarren not throwing at practice

Advertisement
What makes you think Tate Martel is any good? He didn't exactly light it up in the spring. He can move but this is not HS. Based on the limited action I saw from him, he can't see the field well due to his height and his arm is suspect, both in strength and accuracy. He is certainly not going to be running up and down the field like he did in HS, he'll get killed.

Has less to do with Tate and more to do with Jarren and Kosi. There are a ton of examples of QB’s like him having success at this level.

Has less to do with Tate and more to do with Jarren and Kosi. There are a ton of examples of QB’s like him having success at this level.

Fair enough, I'm curious to see what he can do and wouldn't mind seeing him in action as well, but I'm no way convinced he is the answer. We have three QBs that have some different strengths, but none are very good right now and with this OL, that spells disaster.

Williams should have took one for the team and sat last week. I get that he doesn’t want to lose his job so he likely hid the extent of his injury. But he ended up costing us the game.

Advertisement
Williams should have took one for the team and sat last week. I get that he doesn’t want to lose his job so he likely hid the extent of his injury. But he ended up costing us the game.

why do you assume he hid anything?

Advertisement
Jarren Williams not throwing at Miami practice

If Martell is getting reps then Jarren is injured and N'kosi will be the guy
It wasn’t obvious. Jarren screwed up his shoulder when our OL allowed him to be flattened by C Michigan. It affected his velocity and/or accuracy and contributed to his VA Tech performance. He’s not healing quickly and I’m guessing he’s done for a while

Advertisement
Not to make excuses for the kid but Jarren definitely seemed "off" which I realize is not exactly a hot take considering he threw 3 INT's in the first quarter. It just wouldn't surprise me if he is legitimately hurt and that contributed to the poor performance. He's been taking a beating all season. At this point I would start Perry regardless. He seems to have a slightly better internal clock and is a little better at improvising.

Last edited:
Tate Martell should be the starting QB against Virginia. If Manny wants to turn this thing around, save the season and save the recruiting class he needs to show that this is a different team. Perry and Williams might win a few games for us, but the mentality with the team will be the same regardless. If Tate starts and we win out, we'll be a different team heading into 2020. Start Williams or Perry at your own peril, Manny Diaz.
We win with Perry point blank period.

Miami is -2 in this game which I cannot comprehend. It’s scary really. I’d bet whatever you are most comfortable betting on UVA. It’s a lock which is disturbing to me. It’s like last week when Manny claimed best practices etc. it just wasn’t adding up.

Advertisement
It is an assumption. Obviously everyone knew he had a shoulder injury. I just think he talked his way into playing knowing he probably should not have. And that is pretty evident by those awful throws he made.

Or the staff could have known and been treating him and the hit on Saturday finished him off....

We win with Perry point blank period.

Winning close games can’t be our goal with the way the season started. We need a cultural change. I don’t dislike Perry, but I’d need to see more from him to think he’s that guy. As good of a game as he had, we missed two opportunities to tie the game at the end.

The fact they played Jarren with a bad shoulder is crazy. The evaluation skills of this coaching staff is horrendous. At some point last week you got to know your putting JW in a bad spot and the team. They are still touting Zion out but with the decision making of this staff who knows if Herbert/Hillery might be better at LT.

Advertisement
Back