Jarren not throwing at practice

Advertisement
As far as giving Tathan a shot here at some point I'll just say this:

- We're beyond the point of destroying any of these kid's psyches. Kosi already lost the job once and Jarren just got yanked after 1 quarter for ****ting the bed and Tathan was ridiculed nationally when he wasn't named the starter. It is what it is at this point.

- This season is what it is at this point too so we may find a little deja vu happening like when Rick refused to give Jarren any burn last year. I'd reallllly prefer to not repeat that and know exactly what we have in those 3 QBs going into next year based on actual game reps. Then we'll all know who is the leading candidate to backup Peyton Matochampion.

The staff knew JW had an arm problem well before the game. It’s part of the problem he had throwing deep balls. Also probably why the poor, uncharacteristic throws for interceptions. They wouldn’t put him back because he couldnt throw well.

I knew Williams was hurt vs cmu when his arm was hanging after that dt belly flopped on him in the first half lol but he played through it. I know People are down on him for a bad start to va tech but I’m rooting for him to bounce back in a major way for sure
Richt called it in the half time show. Said he took a nasty shot to that shoulder and that he definitely would be feeling it later.

Fair enough, I'm curious to see what he can do and wouldn't mind seeing him in action as well, but I'm no way convinced he is the answer. We have three QBs that have some different strengths, but none are very good right now and with this OL, that spells disaster.

I'm not saying Tate IS the answer, I'm saying he's the only hope on the roster of being THE answer.

Advertisement
Miami is -2 in this game which I cannot comprehend. It’s scary really. I’d bet whatever you are most comfortable betting on UVA. It’s a lock which is disturbing to me. It’s like last week when Manny claimed best practices etc. it just wasn’t adding up.

I'm hedge betting the **** out of this game.

Jarren wasn’t healthy enough to play last week either. He was throwing the ball like a guy with a fcked shoulder.

We’ll see what Perry is made of. He defecated all over himself against uva last year. He’ll either get the yips or redeem himself. I expect him to rally and come up big this week. I like his demeanor.

Absolutely agree with U regarding Perry's MOXY. The kid has been CRAPED on by everyone, including Diaz, and yet he just keeps on ticking and REFUSES to LOSE!

Say what y'all want to about the upbeat, free spirit Perry and what not. But, Perry is a MIAMI HURRICANE! No ifs, buts or get outta' here, TROLL!

The staff knew JW had an arm problem well before the game. It’s part of the problem he had throwing deep balls. Also probably why the poor, uncharacteristic throws for interceptions. They wouldn’t put him back because he couldnt throw well.

Knowing JW was injured, the Staph was reckless in playing him. His injury surely wasn't helped by getting injected and playing.

Advertisement
Two main things I see with Jarren are his flawed mechanics (specifically on the deep ball) and slow processing of the field at times. I fully agree that this max protect, under center, 7 step drop, play action nonsense has to go...............don't have the personnel to run it with consistency. With that said, the consistency in his mechanics and play is sorely lacking right now and it's hindering the overall execution (injury news makes sense and played a part I'm sure). I'll take my chances with Perry and his skill set as it relates to the offense if Enos opens it up and stops trying to play in a phone booth, but I hope the best for Jarren and his progression.

dsdd posted early this morning that Jarren had an MRI and it revealed a tear. No mention of the severity or prognosis.

Yes, and it was " DSDD " who mentioned that JW was MOLESTED by that nasty physical Florida team, which led to a bum shoulder. Yet Diaz kept playing the kid. Go figure. DSDD, also, said JW was taking numbing pain shots. OUCH. Something " professional NFL " medical staffs engage in with their injured players.

422 yards and 4TD's from the QB position in 3 quarters will win games in this conference.
Perry can have a Herculean performance while the Oline is playing like crap. My comment was about the oline and if Perry continues to take those hits I dont care how tough or herculean you are, you will feel it. We have guys left and right completely missing blocks, on even THREE MAN RUSHES. Your qb (even if he played great, and I think Kosi did) will either/and get happy feet, see ghost, be trigger happy, get blows to head, get slammed to ground, get injured. We have seen that this season already and have given up 25+ sacks, dam near same amount we gave up all last season

Advertisement
Smoke screen or doing his best to protect a kid's delicate psyche. Williams does have a history of fits and transfer threats. What do you think he'd do if Diaz sits up there and says "yeah, we're opening it up and giving Perry a shot". Williams would low key lose his **** so Diaz has to be diplomatic about it IMO. Enos told us exactly what was going on and only changed his story once reporters told him what Manny said.
False

Here we go again with the Stats. JW did dink and dunk he was frankly mahvaluuus. Kosi has a hail Mary thrown in and an interception (called back) thrown out and he's the new savior due to stats. To me a QB playing a bad team needing a winning drive to tie, and two shots from the Ten and more and not failing, would be my idea of a Winner we can count on. (Yes its a Team Effort.)

Tate may NOT be the answer but surely deserves a shot.

Advertisement
Yes, and it was " DSDD " who mentioned that JW was MOLESTED by that nasty physical Florida team, which led to a bum shoulder. Yet Diaz kept playing the kid. Go figure. DSDD, also, said JW was taking numbing pain shots. OUCH. Something " professional NFL " medical staffs engage in with their injured players.
We hear it all the time about a player "playing through pain" and getting "treatments" for such. But when it's QB1's throwing shoulder, it makes one wonder the reasoning behind continuing to start him. My question is how severe was it after the gaytor game. Had a bye afterwards but Jarren got hammered in the CMU game. Obviously another bye but it was also obvious he wasn't 100% at the start of the VT game.

We hear it all the time about a player "playing through pain" and getting "treatments" for such. But when it's QB1's throwing shoulder, it makes one wonder the reasoning behind continuing to start him. My question is how severe was it after the gaytor game. Had a bye afterwards but Jarren got hammered in the CMU game. Obviously another bye but it was also obvious he wasn't 100% at the start of the VT game.

Yeah. I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt, that JW was seriously MOLESTED in the CMICH. game But I guess JW ( His parents too. ), along with Diaz and the medical staff, were willing to SHOOT HIM UP. And now he has no feel with " touch passes. " Which was evident in the recent game.

Advertisement
Back