Jared Harrison-Hunte says he's gained 20 pounds

I don’t really care about a player gaining or losing weight to be honest

The reason why Feld, the S&C team, and the nutrition team is so critical is because the only thing that matters is the weight loss or gain IMPROVES our players performance

Pretty obvious take I know but this bizarre NFL combine approach by fans always intrigues me

Advertisement
A few people have mentioned his name briefly but I think Elijah Roberts is absolutely the X factor here. If he takes that 3rd year quantum leap at DE..the starting 4 looks MUCH different. (Harvey or Chantz-LT-JHH-Roberts) Moultrie and Chantz or Harvey with Miller as backups.

We need the light to come on for Roberts.

The reason why Feld, the S&C team, and the nutrition team is so critical is because the only thing that matters is the weight loss or gain IMPROVES our players performance

Pretty obvious take I know but this bizarre NFL combine approach by fans always intrigues me
Agreed. Let's pay more attention to how guys perform on the field in September. This is a silly off-season ritual and conversation that goes back too many years. So, TAC is up to 233 & JHH has gained 20 pounds. Same story, just different names.

Agreed. Let's pay more attention to how guys perform on the field in September. This is a silly off-season ritual and conversation that goes back too many years. So, TAC is up to 233 & JHH has gained 20 pounds. Same story, just different names.
It’s totally valid to say we hear the same **** every offseason

But there’s also no doubts we have put ourselves in a better position to actually improve

Also this is something that gets easier as we just recruit better players

Advertisement
Advertisement

I generally agree but there are certain positions that require a certain amount of size for the player to succeed. Interior linemen, no matter how quick or athletic, will be a hinderance if they're playing too light. The list of quality 270 lb defensive tackles in the modern era of football is really short. If JHH can't play well at 285, he should be moved to end and play at 270.

I generally agree but there are certain positions that require a certain amount of size for the player to succeed. Interior linemen, no matter how quick or athletic, will be a hinderance if they're playing too light. The list of quality 270 lb defensive tackles in the modern era of football is really short. If JHH can't play well at 285, he should be moved to end and play at 270.
Most of these bid DEs we recruit/sign like Stewart,Hunter,Roberts,DJ Johnson,Blissette make it very clear during their recruitment that they will only sign with schools that agree not to switch them to DT.So their first couple years here they diet/starve to remain at DE.Hopefully Mario starts signing big dudes coming in not worried about beign a little fat.

Advertisement
A few people have mentioned his name briefly but I think Elijah Roberts is absolutely the X factor here. If he takes that 3rd year quantum leap at DE..the starting 4 looks MUCH different. (Harvey or Chantz-LT-JHH-Roberts) Moultrie and Chantz or Harvey with Miller as backups.

We need the light to come on for Roberts.
to many if this or if that or if this and that of if this or that.

the level of uncertainty is perturbing and an indictment on the previous staff. i see a 2-3 year period before we field a quality defense, although i expect some improvement from the better coaching. let's see.

Thought this kid would take a bigger step up last season, frankly thought his play was disappointing. Hopefully the new coaches can help elevate his play.
Shouldn’t fault the young man for having ****** and incompetent coaches .

I agree with that of course

Same concept really

Advertisement
I'd be surprised if Moultrie and Lichtenstein aren't starters early on. They've played a combined 75 years of FBS-level college football and could easily unseat incumbents like Harvey and Hunte.
I forgot about those two. Mario made it clear they would play on the inside. If they too are 290+ we'll have better competition in practice and depth come season.

People say "age is just a number," but really weight truly is just a number. There's no context as to distribution, body fat %, limb length, strength, speed, etc.

It's a good metric for starting to track calorie intake.

RJ and Gerald Willis both played in the 280-285 range but they were significantly more athletic than Harrison-Hunte. These days if you're going to be a <300lb DT, you better be Aaron Donald.
Willis was 300 his last year

People say "age is just a number," but really weight truly is just a number. There's no context as to distribution, body fat %, limb length, strength, speed, etc.

It's a good metric for starting to track calorie intake.
No weight matters. The bigger you are the harder it is to move you around

Advertisement
Back