Jared Harrison-Hunte says he's gained 20 pounds

A few people have mentioned his name briefly but I think Elijah Roberts is absolutely the X factor here. If he takes that 3rd year quantum leap at DE..the starting 4 looks MUCH different. (Harvey or Chantz-LT-JHH-Roberts) Moultrie and Chantz or Harvey with Miller as backups.

We need the light to come on for Roberts.
Also a big believer in Roberts' upside, just needs more reps consistently.

Advertisement
UM has Harrison-Hunte listed 20 lbs light than Taylor though. So even if they’re exaggerating, there’s still a big weight difference between the two.
Not necessarily. If we used that logic, than that would mean All the guys listed at 5'11 would be around 6'2.

I thought he was our best defensive player the first few games. Most of the clips in the OP are from the beginning of the season.

Not sure if he had an injury, wore down from being too light, or both.
He wore down from being too light. I to believe his athleticism is underscored.

Not necessarily. If we used that logic, than that would mean All the guys listed at 5'11 would be around 6'2.
Not sure what you’re saying. I was saying that the UM page has JHH 20lbs lighter than Taylor so even if they are exaggerating their weights, there’s still a fairly large gap between them.

Advertisement
Not sure what you’re saying. I was saying that the UM page has JHH 20lbs lighter than Taylor so even if they are exaggerating their weights, there’s still a fairly large gap between them.
Not necessarily. For instance they had King listed as taller than Chaney when he wasn't taller than him.

Not necessarily. For instance they had King listed as taller than Chaney when he wasn't taller than him.
Yeah but there’s a reason they overstated the QB’s height. I don’t see why they would overstate one DTs weight but not another. I mean, it’s possible I don’t see why they would.

Advertisement
Yeah but there’s a reason they overstated the QB’s height. I don’t see why they would overstate one DTs weight but not another. I mean, it’s possible I don’t see why they would.
That is my point. They aren't just adding x amount of inches and lbs to everyone. They pick and choose. So maybe they wanted to add weight to their 5 star DT.

D173AA58-C1FD-4B7B-9654-F52656033A3A.jpeg

This guy looks like a legit P5 DT to me.

Advertisement
Elijah Roberts is another kid I expect to break out...Although he may actually looks good at that 265ish range and can maybe stay outside...Which would help as Taylor/JHH/Roberts would all be taking each other's snaps if he moves up to 280 and stays inside. And those are 3 players I think can be all conf type players and possibly play in the league.

Advertisement
I do too...He is plenty explosive

Remember those dunks...At 270-280lbs???
Not to be that guy but what does dunking a basketball have anything to do with playing DT at this level? If he were so explosive from the line then we would have seen it more consistently by now.

Elijah Roberts is another kid I expect to break out...Although he may actually looks good at that 265ish range and can maybe stay outside...Which would help as Taylor/JHH/Roberts would all be taking each other's snaps if he moves up to 280 and stays inside. And those are 3 players I think can be all conf type players and possibly play in the league.
Stay inside? He played both DE and DT last year. And I don’t think he can hold 280. I think the most he has weighed here was like 274 and he lost that.

Advertisement
Back