Jaquan Johnson….

any discussion doubting Rich homie Quan's ability to be a good college safety will get negged.

he made first team All Dade as a freshmen.

so what the measurables suck? he's a football player, not a vertical jumper, ball tosser, or sprinter.

Cougar pride!

Advertisement
If Jaquan would have been in this years class, it's likely he would be getting some serious PT... We are NOT deep at all...!!!

Deon, Jamal and Crawford... That's it! Not only that, Deon has gotten hurt a lot in his career. The freshman we have are going to get some burn time. Who knows how they will pan out?

Jaquan could be starting by his Sophomore year! That ain't happening at FSU and UF is about to fall off the cliff...

All those schools would give him early playing time

Don't know if I totally agree...

If Jaquan would have been in this years class, it's likely he would be getting some serious PT... We are NOT deep at all...!!!

Deon, Jamal and Crawford... That's it! Not only that, Deon has gotten hurt a lot in his career. The freshman we have are going to get some burn time. Who knows how they will pan out?

Jaquan could be starting by his Sophomore year! That ain't happening at FSU and UF is about to fall off the cliff...

U don't know what your talking about. What about Jenkins, Hester and Gayot? We are very deep at Safety.

U don't know what your talking about. What about Jenkins, Hester and Gayot? We are very deep at Safety.

Jenkins is out for the year, if not forever.

Hester and Gayot are true freshmen. of course, Deon excelled as a true frosh too.

but the fact is that no safety is really "proven" right now. do you see any surefire NFL'ers back there?

Jenkins is out for the season but we are deep

Advertisement
I believe that Miami should take kids that want to at Miami..and represent our city, if not they should be on their way to were ever they want to be ...if J.J doesn't want to be a Miami hurricane then we should wish him the best of luck...if Tim Irvin doesn't feel in his heart that he doesn't want to be a cane, legacy and all then the best of luck to him ...let's celebrate the Jordan Scarlett.. Bruce Sam... Joe yearly, Tracy Howard, and the rest. The sofa guys that chose to stay home and take us to the promise land..let me not forget randy ''duke'' Johnson ......

We won't win with this dumb thought process, kids that want to be canes? U recruit them till they become canes. We need all these elite sofla kids in order to get to the promise land.

Maybe so. But the point is he's hardly can't miss. Prospects that lack the physical stuff can excel on the HS level but it doesn't always translate.

This is funny coming from a Gators fan considering Jaquan compares to Ahmad Black. Sour grapes once again, or just ignorance.

If you can ball in HS you can ball in college. Look at Ryan Switzer who was a low 3* in recruiting databases but very hyped on internet forums because of his impressive film...he's now the best slot WR in CFB. Denzel Perryman was also a 3* because he was "too small" even though he was arguably the best LB in Florida for 4 years and the #1 target for the Miami staff. All of these guys have physical/size issues that limit their NFL impact but they definitely belong in college.

Problem is it takes skills/experience to evaluate football players beyond simply eyeballing measurables, so you end up seeing stupid arguments like those in this thread from people who can't see Jaquan's obvious talent. You can't just lump him in with inferior prospects because of his physical measurements without considering the football-specific skills that separate the ballers from the JAGs.

I don't understand the point you're making? The other poster compared him to Ahmad Black and after thinking about it I thought it was a good comparison considering their game and lack of ideal measurements.

Either way Black is just one example of a player who succeeded with those measurables. The numbers say safeties that small and running 4.7's aren't likely to be elite or special at the next level. Now does that mean Johnson won't be good or even special? No, but using a few anomalies to prove the norm is pretty silly. If any argument is stupid its that one. Why don't you name all the DB's with his measurements that were successful at the next level? We'll see how long that list is.

**** killah killed dude with this post

Jaquan is better than gayot and dont be surprised to see gayot moved to LB

Johnson and Irvin are not coming here.

You guys should look at that Cronkite thread and see what we're up against here.

Advertisement

You guys should look at that Cronkite thread and see what we're up against here.

Mat Hatter.gif

lmao thinking the cronkrite thing has anything to do with jaquan and irvin, they know each other but they arent that good of friends

[QUsOTE=RiDLer80;1926428]If we lose him this staff has no one to blame but themselves.

No they don't .. if we lose him we lose him... y'all want him for his leadership.. I want a big, physical, fast safety.. Why is that so **** hard to find.
I'm sure he was all county because of his leadership abilities. I swear this fan base is full of idiots.

And I swear you're a little 25 year old punk who thinks he knows **** about football. Keep sucking him off.. I played football at Hampton University.. I think I know a little about the defensive back position. Like I said you keep playing madden little boy.. I'm 34 forget more than your little baby *** knows.
You seem upset. You're 34 years old. I'm sure this isn't the first time in your life you're wrong about something. It happens to all of us.[/QUOTE]

34? It's all downhill from there.

Advertisement
See Johnson's recruitment like Perrymans. Once the visits are over and the fun ends, he will choose Miami!

So far, maybe the most disappointing recruit since I started following recruiting. Not that I think he will be the greatest, but I thought he was going to be the leader of the class and now it sounds like he might not even be in it.

Wow, heavy words from a dude who's been following recruiting since, as far as I know, before the inception of Eye of the Hurricane and the original Rivals board.

So far, maybe the most disappointing recruit since I started following recruiting. Not that I think he will be the greatest, but I thought he was going to be the leader of the class and now it sounds like he might not even be in it.

Wow, heavy words from a dude who's been following recruiting since, as far as I know, before the inception of Eye of the Hurricane and the original Rivals board.

Yeah that is a little excessive IMO. I mean Sony was suppose to be a Cane lock for about 5 years.

Can't fault Johnson for looking around at all his options.

Advertisement

+1

I believe that Miami should take kids that want to at Miami..and represent our city, if not they should be on their way to were ever they want to be ...if J.J doesn't want to be a Miami hurricane then we should wish him the best of luck...if Tim Irvin doesn't feel in his heart that he doesn't want to be a cane, legacy and all then the best of luck to him ...let's celebrate the Jordan Scarlett.. Bruce Sam... Joe yearly, Tracy Howard, and the rest. The sofa guys that chose to stay home and take us to the promise land..let me not forget randy ''duke'' Johnson ......

The randy shannon school of recruiting. Exactly how we ended up in this mess. Bout as dumb a way to go about it as there could be.

Not even really recruiting. Just take the kids that want to come here anyway and forget about the rest.

Other than that picture of him throwing up The U, what's been leading everyone to believe he was coming and was going to be the leader of this class?

Advertisement
Back