Jaquan Johnson….

Advertisement
Maybe so. But the point is he's hardly can't miss. Prospects that lack the physical stuff can excel on the HS level but it doesn't always translate.

This is funny coming from a Gators fan considering Jaquan compares to Ahmad Black. Sour grapes once again, or just ignorance.

If you can ball in HS you can ball in college. Look at Ryan Switzer who was a low 3* in recruiting databases but very hyped on internet forums because of his impressive film...he's now the best slot WR in CFB. Denzel Perryman was also a 3* because he was "too small" even though he was arguably the best LB in Florida for 4 years and the #1 target for the Miami staff. All of these guys have physical/size issues that limit their NFL impact but they definitely belong in college.

Problem is it takes skills/experience to evaluate football players beyond simply eyeballing measurables, so you end up seeing stupid arguments like those in this thread from people who can't see Jaquan's obvious talent. You can't just lump him in with inferior prospects because of his physical measurements without considering the football-specific skills that separate the ballers from the JAGs.

Maybe so. But the point is he's hardly can't miss. Prospects that lack the physical stuff can excel on the HS level but it doesn't always translate.

This is funny coming from a Gators fan considering Jaquan compares to Ahmad Black. Sour grapes once again, or just ignorance.

If you can ball in HS you can ball in college. Look at Ryan Switzer who was a low 3* in recruiting databases but very hyped on internet forums because of his impressive film...he's now the best slot WR in CFB. Denzel Perryman was also a 3* because he was "too small" even though he was arguably the best LB in Florida for 4 years and the #1 target for the Miami staff. All of these guys have physical/size issues that limit their NFL impact but they definitely belong in college.

Problem is it takes skills/experience to evaluate football players beyond simply eyeballing measurables, so you end up seeing stupid arguments like those in this thread from people who can't see Jaquan's obvious talent. You can't just lump him in with inferior prospects because of his physical measurements without considering the football-specific skills that separate the ballers from the JAGs.

I don't understand the point you're making? The other poster compared him to Ahmad Black and after thinking about it I thought it was a good comparison considering their game and lack of ideal measurements.

Either way Black is just one example of a player who succeeded with those measurables. The numbers say safeties that small and running 4.7's aren't likely to be elite or special at the next level. Now does that mean Johnson won't be good or even special? No, but using a few anomalies to prove the norm is pretty silly. If any argument is stupid its that one. Why don't you name all the DB's with his measurements that were successful at the next level? We'll see how long that list is.

I don't understand the point you're making? The other poster compared him to Ahmad Black and after thinking about it I thought it was a good comparison considering their game and lack of ideal measurements.

Either way Black is just one example of a player who succeeded with those measurables. The numbers say safeties that small and running 4.7's aren't likely to be elite or special at the next level. Now does that mean Johnson won't be good or even special? No, but using a few anomalies to prove the norm is pretty silly. If any argument is stupid its that one. Why don't you name all the DB's with his measurements that were successful at the next level? We'll see how long that list is.

Even though he ran a 4.4 i would take Lamarcus Joyner in a heartbeat. that guys IQ and play making ability at 5'8 is phenomenal.

Advertisement

Even though he ran a 4.4 i would take Lamarcus Joyner in a heartbeat. that guys IQ and play making ability at 5'8 is phenomenal.

I feel ya on that.

I'm not a big measurables guys generally. But I don't ignore it completely either. I mean the numbers are pretty significant, so it would be silly to ignore them.

That said for Johnson's game, which to me is as a guy coming off the edge playing the nickel role, his 40 isn't really important. But it's a point to keep in consideration. Usually when you're lacking in one area you need to be exceptional in another to make up for it. I don't know what that exceptional area is for Johnson.

No they don't .. if we lose him we lose him... y'all want him for his leadership.. I want a big, physical, fast safety.. Why is that so **** hard to find.
I'm sure he was all county because of his leadership abilities. I swear this fan base is full of idiots.

For all the people that's starting to doubt his skills
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOn5T1E_oLo&list=UUkEEK9TGnH5zhjtNWmbZ2iA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc249aNTJ7M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGUyfnQ4V2w
Great it's a phucking highlight tape.. Let's see what he does on the collegiate level.. Like I said I'll gladly eat crow, but I don't have to suck off players because people like you and the phucking ridler do. I played in college... I'm just saying stop whiny and acting like a bunch of skirts.. Every year it's the same phuckers whining about if we don't get him we failed.

Why you so mad bruh? 34 is supposed to be the best year of your life

JHall it's a great year man! professionally I couldn't ask for a better job, but when I come on the board.. I just can't stand the consistent whining from our under 30 fan base. They don't realize we've lost "can't miss guys" forever.. I just don't see bruh as a can't miss. just my humble opinion.

Save this thread, this thread is going to be hilarious in a year or two. Guys just are clueless.

Right click and save

December 2016 let's have this conversation. I talked **** so I'll gladly eat a plate of crow..

If we lose him this staff has no one to blame but themselves.

No they don't .. if we lose him we lose him... y'all want him for his leadership.. I want a big, physical, fast safety.. Why is that so **** hard to find.
I'm sure he was all county because of his leadership abilities. I swear this fan base is full of idiots.

And I swear you're a little 25 year old punk who thinks he knows **** about football. Keep sucking him off.. I played football at Hampton University.. I think I know a little about the defensive back position. Like I said you keep playing madden little boy.. I'm 34 forget more than your little baby *** knows.
You seem upset. You're 34 years old. I'm sure this isn't the first time in your life you're wrong about something. It happens to all of us.

Not upset bruh just laugh at people like you.. You're 25 I have to remember how I acted and talked at that age. I hope you make it to my age young man.

Advertisement
It's not like anyone is saying Johnson isn't good. All I'm saying is he doesn't deserve a 5* ranking, because a 5* safety to me, should be big strong and fast while having great awareness and everything.
All I'm really saying is he isn't can't-miss, only because of who else we could get. Because honestly if we get Irvin and SBB, it doesn't really hurt not getting Johnson. Hopefully we get all 3, but I'm happy with a combo of 2 of them.

Irvin and SBB aren't 5* types either. It's honestly splitting hair between the three.

For all the people that's starting to doubt his skills
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOn5T1E_oLo&list=UUkEEK9TGnH5zhjtNWmbZ2iA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc249aNTJ7M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGUyfnQ4V2w
Great it's a phucking highlight tape.. Let's see what he does on the collegiate level.. Like I said I'll gladly eat crow, but I don't have to suck off players because people like you and the phucking ridler do. I played in college... I'm just saying stop whiny and acting like a bunch of skirts.. Every year it's the same phuckers whining about if we don't get him we failed.

Why you so mad bruh? 34 is supposed to be the best year of your life

JHall it's a great year man! professionally I couldn't ask for a better job, but when I come on the board.. I just can't stand the consistent whining from our under 30 fan base. They don't realize we've lost "can't miss guys" forever.. I just don't see bruh as a can't miss. just my humble opinion.

I feel ya. I'm 34 as well and I'm loving it, just trying to lighten the mood a little bit

It's not like anyone is saying Johnson isn't good. All I'm saying is he doesn't deserve a 5* ranking, because a 5* safety to me, should be big strong and fast while having great awareness and everything.
All I'm really saying is he isn't can't-miss, only because of who else we could get. Because honestly if we get Irvin and SBB, it doesn't really hurt not getting Johnson. Hopefully we get all 3, but I'm happy with a combo of 2 of them.

Well said

Advertisement

Well said

that is well said. And to be honest if we get Irvin and JJ I'd be more than happy.

247 Update
http://southcarolina.247sports.com/Article/Latest-on-Jaquan-Johnson--30263908

- “Miami is up and coming and has a young team,” Johnson said. “I’d have a shot to play right away. It’s close to home so my family could come see me. I have a close bond with the coaches.”
- T-Rob still on him hard
- Visited USCe, liked it hung out with Chris Lammons, His grandmother stays 10 miles down the road from Columbia, South Carolina.
- Hopes to take officials to Louisville, LSU and Alabama.
- “I’ll decide when the time is right,” Johnson said. “It should be this fall because I’m an early enrollee.”

Advertisement
Still think his recruitment is far from over. This sounds positive but kids like this who are supposed UM leans for a long time usually don't end up committing to us.

Best update for us I've read on Johnson in months.

UF was on the rise, then supposedly FSU was the flavor of the week, now they're not even top 3.

Canes consistent here.

Come on down!

Advertisement
Back