Jamien Sherwood

getting CB's to us today, very nice

He will be a linebacker imo, per ivins he was sitting in pre practice meetings with diaz and the linebackers

Either way, it's big. The Gayturds have been banking on him on their board. This will make them cry more delightful lizard tears. Can't wait to see them talk about how they can't fathom how Miami is doing better than them because everything Gayturd is better.

Advertisement

He will be a linebacker imo, per ivins he was sitting in pre practice meetings with diaz and the linebackers

Either way, it's big. The Gayturds have been banking on him on their board. This will make them cry more delightful lizard tears. Can't wait to see them talk about how they can't fathom how Miami is doing better than them because everything Gayturd is better.

I haven't seen that at all besides a couple of ransoms but I believe even Stampini said Miami had the momentum ever since FSU seemingly dropped him for whatever reason

Must killed Stampini to say that too

I haven't seen that at all besides a couple of ransoms but I believe even Stampini said Miami had the momentum ever since FSU seemingly dropped him for whatever reason

Yeah... As best I remember, it was in one of their threads where one or 2 of their faithful had him in a list of targets they thought they could pull to jumpstart their recruiting. They threw in a guy named Burney as well as Asa Martin, Schwartz and Gammage, if I recall correctly.

Yeah... As best I remember, it was in one of their threads where one or 2 of their faithful had him in a list of targets they thought they could pull to jumpstart their recruiting. They threw in a guy named Burney as well as Asa Martin, Schwartz and Gammage, if I recall correctly.

Burney is legit, actually came in at 6'1 215 at that Orlando Nike camp where everybody claimed they were shrinking players

Schwartz prolly will go there just for their track program more than anything

Other 2 cane coaches would laugh off the phone if they tried to commit

Burney is legit, actually came in at 6'1 215 at that Orlando Nike camp where everybody claimed they were shrinking players

I looked Burney up and he's not even turning 17 for 3 months. Strong looking dude.

Advertisement

I looked Burney up and he's not even turning 17 for 3 months. Strong looking dude.

Burney is a monster...Hopefully Bama or someone swoops in and steals him from UF lol.

I like the idea of taking safeties converted to linebackers after what we took last cycle.

Because that is the Miami way. Take high school safeties with excellent athleticism but just a fraction of a step behind, put really good weight on them and convert them to linebacker. Some of greatest players were converted kids. Warren Sapp was a tight end so was Eric Winston. Most of our defensive ends under Wanny and Sonny were converted linebackers. Get in athletes with the right frames and the rest will sort itself out.

Last edited:
I like the idea of taking safeties converted to linebackers after what we took last cycle.

Because that is the Miami way. Take high school safeties with excellent athleticism but just a fraction of a step behind, put really good weight on them and convert them to linebacker. Some of greatest players were converted kids. Warren Sapp was a tight end so was Eric Winston. Most of our defensive ends under Wanny and Sonny were converted linebackers. Get in athletes with the right frames and the rest will sort itself out.

Kevin Patrick was a converted player who became an AA at de. Came in as a te. S to lb...lb to de..de to DT. JJ used to bring in a bu ch of dl and which ever ones didn't make it where sent to the o-line. Pretty sure that was jj. He may have rethought that philosophy

Advertisement
SIAP, but Ivins on him yesterday:

I just caught up with Sherwood. I'll have the story up later on tonight. But just wanted to quickly not that there was nothing but positives from him. He will visit UF on Friday then make his way to Tennessee before returning later in the spring to watch one of the Hurricanes' scrimmages. He says he wants to take his visits to make sure he's making the right decision and exploring all options, but I get the vibe that Miami has kind of solidified themselves as the leader in the clubhouse.

[HUDL]video/3/4285868/5842f444dfd8b7230c0b2363[/HUDL]

Not often do you see 4 punt returns for TDs on the tape of a player you're recruiting for LB. WANT

Give this dude a year to put on weight and he can be a playmaker at LB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dream LB class:

MLB Rosendo Louis

OLB Amari Gainer

OLB Jamien Sherwood

If we miss out on Gainer or Sherwood, David Reese would be my next in line at OLB.

sheerwood , gainer and Reese for LBS ..... but REESE should be TOP priority for whole defense

Advertisement

Kevin Patrick was a converted player who became an AA at de. Came in as a te. S to lb...lb to de..de to DT. JJ used to bring in a bu ch of dl and which ever ones didn't make it where sent to the o-line. Pretty sure that was jj. He may have rethought that philosophy

I think Danny Stubbs was a TE too.

Dream LB class:

MLB Rosendo Louis

OLB Amari Gainer

OLB Jamien Sherwood

If we miss out on Gainer or Sherwood, David Reese would be my next in line at OLB.

So is Yasir Abdullah just not a take at this point? I love his speed.

Advertisement
Think we're more likely to only take 2 LBs this class.

Gainer seems like he'll choose FSU at the end of the day.

Seemed like Reese was on the verge of committing or already silently committed like a month ago

Advertisement
Back