Jamien Sherwood

@Peter Ariz

Is Sherwood ok with coming on as a OLB?

Or does he need to be recruited as a Safety for us to land him?

Obviously not Pete but I Think the kid has continually said he wants to play safety and only safety.

Tell the kid what he wants to hear,bring him in and let him see he won't start at safety then move him down to LBer if that's better suited for him.

If you don't someone else will..bet that!
I don't think that would work in this situation...

For one, our Safety class is already loaded with Jobe, Hall, Russell & (Frierson if he's eventually moved to FS).

You couldn't recruit Sherwood here as a Safety, because he would see right through that & it could potentially push one of the other guys out if they think we're bringing in another Safety.

Also, the ol' switcheroo is just setting up a kid to transfer out down the line. If we're going to land Sherwood he's need to have a clear understanding that he's being brought in to play LB.

This 2018 DB class is way too important for us to keep intact to play any games like that.

If he can't see his upside is best at the next level playing LB, then he'll have to figure it out the hard way, but trying to sell him on playing Safety just to get him in the class wouldn't end well for us in the long run.

Advertisement
Committed to Auburn

[TWEET]889881200323698690[/TWEET]

Best to him. Knew he wasn't coming here when he was adamant about playing S. Sad part about it, they may move him to LB there too. His $ is at LB, not S. Same thing Ray Ray had to figure out later.

Good get for Auburn... we only going to be getting CB's at this point moving forward with Jobe, Hall and Frierson on board.

Advertisement
Miami is pretty full right now, its gonna be a rough ride the rest of the way for you psychos that think we can sign 50 guys

Miami is pretty full right now, its gonna be a rough ride the rest of the way for you psychos that think we can sign 50 guys

You're right. I had to check myself with all the commitments popping off last couple weeks. I've said it before this is the way CMR likes to recruit. 75-80% before the season then clean up/big gets before NSD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right. I had to check myself with all the commitments popping off last couple weeks. I've said it before this is the way CMR likes to recruit. 75-80% before the season then clean up/big gets before NSD.

Me too, MAB. I was getting low key irritated w/ all these commitments flying off the board, but then I had to realize we dang near have the class sewn up. Only a few spots left to clean up. Definitely Campbell, followed by Campbell, then followed by Campbell. lol. Probably one more stud OL, WR, DT, DE, LB or 2, and ATH. Can't think of anything else we need...Oh, did I mention T. Campbell? lol.

Advertisement

Me too, MAB. I was getting low key irritated w/ all these commitments flying off the board, but then I had to realize we dang near have the class sewn up. Only a few spots left to clean up. Definitely Campbell, followed by Campbell, then followed by Campbell. lol. Probably one more stud OL, WR, DT, DE, LB or 2, and ATH. Can't think of anything else we need...Oh, did I mention T. Campbell? lol.

Agreed on Campbell... below is what I would consider a realistic finish to the class

1. Tyson Campbell (CB)
2. Dennis Briggs (DT)
3. Rosendo Louis (LB)
4. Kayode Oladele (DE)
5. Patrick Joyner (LB/DE)
6. Some surprise at WR/OL/DT

Agreed on Campbell... below is what I would consider a realistic finish to the class

1. Tyson Campbell (CB)
2. Dennis Briggs (DT)
3. Rosendo Louis (LB)
4. Kayode Oladele (DE)

Would be an awesome class everywhere but def not enough at DT, although Oladele could end up inside.

Meh.. If he LB he would of been an OLB.. we got plenty of those.. We need more future MLB like Rosendo Louis.. All we got rn is Jennings. Louis got bad weight but still fast af plus he a thumper.. He'd play wayyy earlier then Sherwood would have at LB.

Advertisement

1. Tyson Campbell (CB)
2. Dennis Briggs (DT)
3. Rosendo Louis (LB)
4. Kayode Oladele (DE)

Would be an awesome class everywhere but def not enough at DT, although Oladele could end up inside.

Agree on this class needing more than Dennis Briggs and Nesta Silvera at DT.

Check out Davoan Hawkins' film on the link below. Big fan of this kid to round out our DT class, given that we just offered him after Paradise Camp.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/4383259/davoan-hawkins

1. Tyson Campbell (CB)
2. Dennis Briggs (DT)
3. Rosendo Louis (LB)
4. Kayode Oladele (DE)

Agree on this class needing more than Dennis Briggs and Nesta Silvera at DT.

Check out Davoan Hawkins' film on the link below. Big fan of this kid to round out our DT class, given that we just offered him after Paradise Camp.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/4383259/davoan-hawkins

Need Campbell! Program changing player right there

Advertisement

1. Tyson Campbell (CB)
2. Dennis Briggs (DT)
3. Rosendo Louis (LB)
4. Kayode Oladele (DE)

Need more than that at DT. Otherwise it would be a great finish.

Advertisement
Back