Jamien Sherwood

Advertisement
Reese, Sherwood & Louis is a monster LB class

Would be a great class with what we have in '16 and '17 class. All 3 could see a RS and grow/learn. I like what Diaz is going after in Reese and Sherwood. Quick over-sized HS safetys that have room to put on weight and not lose their motor. Would not hate having Abdullah if Sherwood ends up at that school up north. Our front 7 is looking stacked for years to come!

Advertisement
images

Rosendo and...

Then give me 2 of these 3 at OLB in David Reese, Cameron Jonas or Jamien Sherwood.

That would be an A grade LB class IMO.

Advertisement
My best guess right now is that he will be one of the linebackers in this class. Thoughts?

[TWEET]836607245811081218[/TWEET]

He's a ballhawking S. Put on lean weight and let him patrol the defensive backfield.

The kid could be a good LB but I don't think that's the best way to utilize his gifts.

Where have you been? You were MIA during NSD.

Advertisement
I cant see them fitting 3 linebackers in this class unless there is major roster attrition from the redshirt juniors after this year. I added it up QB-1 RB-2 WR-4 TE-2 OL-4 DL-4 LB-2 DB-7 PK-1 and it total out to 27.Watching staff work these numbers out over the next year will be very interesting.

I like the idea of taking safeties converted to linebackers after what we took last cycle.

Completely agree. I want our linebackers fast & violent. Basically, the antithesis of Al Golden LB's.

Kid looks like he will fit right in to a Manny Diaz defense.

I cant see them fitting 3 linebackers in this class unless there is major roster attrition from the redshirt juniors after this year. I added it up QB-1 RB-2 WR-4 TE-2 OL-4 DL-4 LB-2 DB-7 PK-1 and it total out to 27.Watching staff work these numbers out over the next year will be very interesting.

Get studs - work out the numbers later. Still a lot of fat to trim. But not for long.

Advertisement
Projecting safeties to lb is a tough ask. Physically, the kid looks tall and lean, but also like he can add muscle and bulk to his frame. I would guess he can get to 225lbs and thump without losing too much velocity. But can he wade through (and sometime take on) interior lineman, TEs, and FBs to make tackles when he's lining up within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage (as opposed to reacting from 15 yards back while his LBs occupy blockers)? I leave that question to the professionals (though the back-to-back plays starting at the 1:17 mark are a good sign).

My best guess right now is that he will be one of the linebackers in this class. Thoughts?

He's a ballhawking S. Put on lean weight and let him patrol the defensive backfield.

The kid could be a good LB but I don't think that's the best way to utilize his gifts.

I decided to fall back from posting for a minute, but i've been reading.. Thanks for asking.

I decided to fall back from posting for a minute, but i've been reading.. Thanks for asking.

I can understand. Good to see you back.

Advertisement
Back