Jamien Sherwood

Advertisement
Rosendo and...

Then give me 2 of these 3 at OLB in David Reese, Cameron Jonas or Jamien Sherwood.

That would be an A grade LB class IMO.

I notice you dont have Abdullah in there. Surprising as I know you normally like CC kids. What is your take on him?

Jimbo didn't even meet with Sherwood at their junior day...

Jimbo is beginning to chase out of state recruits more and more. He is eyeing Mitchell from VA and the corner Lytton from Maryland. I say let him do it

Maybe hes conceded that putting alot of resources in SoFla when Richt is locking the entire area down is a waste. Go back to recruiting the Atlantic Coast and surrounding areas heavy and cherry pick SoFla kids here and there. I think they had what...2 kids from South Fla in there last class? And one of them was a Nole legacy. (SSamuels Jr) and the other was a QB that we didnt really want. (JBlackman)

Its basically what Saban does at ALA so I guess he feels like he can duplicate that at FSU.

FINE BY ME!!!

Nah the Dmv area is just A staple ground for fsu and fisher. The last 5 classes they have got 4 5 stars from there in Ronald Darby, josh kaindoh, levonta taylor, josh sweat and 4 star guys like Marcus Lewis and Derrick Nandi and I'm sure there is more depth

Advertisement
Nah the Dmv area is just A staple ground for fsu and fisher. The last 5 classes they have got 4 5 stars from there in Ronald Darby, josh kaindoh, levonta taylor, josh sweat and 4 star guys like Marcus Lewis and Derrick Nandi and I'm sure there is more depth
The target Virginia kids as well.

I always worry about kids that want to go somewhere else but are not currently takes for them. Powell and Edwards are examples and even Calloway to some extent. I would recruit this kid but would not accept his commitment until we are convinced he would be solid.

We have to trust the coaches on it, obviously.

S (in HS) to LB (in college) worked out well for Ray Lewis....

Maybe it would've been a good move to have Ray Ray at LB, too....

Projecting safeties to lb is a tough ask. Physically, the kid looks tall and lean, but also like he can add muscle and bulk to his frame. I would guess he can get to 225lbs and thump without losing too much velocity. But can he wade through (and sometime take on) interior lineman, TEs, and FBs to make tackles when he's lining up within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage (as opposed to reacting from 15 yards back while his LBs occupy blockers)? I leave that question to the professionals (though the back-to-back plays starting at the 1:17 mark are a good sign).

Last edited:

That's what DMV stands for.. dc, maryland and Virginia

Advertisement
Rosendo Louis and Randy Russell. Every tackle looks like its painful. Imagine both them dudes tandem tackling somebody. 3-littlegiants2-youtube_OnlyPreviews.jpg

Virginia is in the DMV (Delaware/Maryland/Virginia).

Advertisement

Delaware? Who plays football there? DC

Only North virginia is the DMV. And its DC Maryland Virginia . Not Delaware

Advertisement
I cant see them fitting 3 linebackers in this class unless there is major roster attrition from the redshirt juniors after this year. I added it up QB-1 RB-2 WR-4 TE-2 OL-4 DL-4 LB-2 DB-7 PK-1 and it total out to 27.Watching staff work these numbers out over the next year will be very interesting.

I think your numbers are right, but I think they sign 3 LB's and only 3 OL

Projecting safeties to lb is a tough ask. Physically, the kid looks tall and lean, but also like he can add muscle and bulk to his frame. I would guess he can get to 225lbs and thump without losing too much velocity. But can he wade through (and sometime take on) interior lineman, TEs, and FBs to make tackles when he's lining up within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage (as opposed to reacting from 15 yards back while his LBs occupy blockers)? I leave that question to the professionals (though the back-to-back plays starting at the 1:17 mark are a good sign).

exactly ... safeties play around the pads of the offensive player. LB's need to figure out how to play under the pad level. it's a subtle difference but it's why you can't just kick a safety to OLB.

We have to trust the coaches on it, obviously.

S (in HS) to LB (in college) worked out well for Ray Lewis....

Maybe it would've been a good move to have Ray Ray at LB, too....

the Oakland Raiders agree with you

- Would love to bulk him up and turn him loose in blitzing packages

- [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] any chance he becomes one of those 'tweeners who dips to Eugene with a clearer sight at early PT e.g. Billy Gibson?

Advertisement
Back